Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

The other one at Oakland, Oak Ridge was way behind at the half like down 28, Cats came back and won it.  Most likely the greatest comeback ever by an Oak Ridge football team.  

Yeah that was the year after I graduated. Tharpe @ QB and Roc Hardin down the sideline. 1997 season.

2 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I would agree the top of 5A is strong but 6A is heavier top to bottom.

Last year was probably the first season I would def agree with that. All the growth in Middle and East TN is starting to show when it comes to parity. 6A has never been stronger

Oakland is loaded it seems every year

Oakland is blessed with a great coaching staff but is also blessed with a great feeder system. MS, Fresh and JV have lost very few games the last 5 years

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Don't see that changing anytime soon, unfortunately for the rest of us.  Is what it is. 

Nothing lasts forever. 6A is more balanced than ever and while Oakland may continue to win alot of games, it's my belief we are near the end of the Creasy era.

I know Oakland and OR used to be a tough game in the 70s and 80s

88 and 89 were the first meetings bewteen the 2 and there have only been 6 meetings total. If it wasn't for Oakland and Riverdale, Gaddis might have a few more titles to his name.

I'd much rather have a home and home with a program steeped in tradition like OR than travel out of state

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nothing lasts forever. 6A is more balanced than ever and while Oakland may continue to win alot of games, it's my belief we are near the end of the Creasy era.

I was going to say this just to offer some hope to the Cat fans, but yeah, father time is undefeated.