West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Some of the lucky ones haven't experienced what you're talking about pioneer... there's a certain region that we used to schedule 3/4 teams from every other year home/away (one game a year). In the years we travelled across the river, you just knew that if you were good enough to win that you'd have to beat the refs too. Not talking about "iffy" calls either... talking about how on earth could he/she call that??? 

Yeah you get the point. Question. What is your take on the administration going  to the opposing crowd and telling them not to yell any more for their team or they would be thrown out?? What do you think about the sheriff coming up to the fans and agreeing with them 100% but telling them I have to throw y'all out if they ask me too because it is not my facility if y"all keep cheering?? But their girls are a pretty good team and play hard and very likely in Murfreesboro. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah you get the point. Question. What is your take on the administration going  to the opposing crowd and telling them not to yell any more for their team or they would be thrown out?? What do you think about the sheriff coming up to the fans and agreeing with them 100% but telling them I have to throw y'all out if they ask me too because it is not my facility if y"all keep cheering?? But their girls are a pretty good team and play hard and very likely in Murfreesboro. 

Officials  not only that way in basketball but any other sport / it goes beyond home court advantage when they go to their bench in timeouts and have discussions with their coaches ( don’t know what they could be talking about - or do I ) 

30 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Officials  not only that way in basketball but any other sport / it goes beyond home court advantage when they go to their bench in timeouts and have discussions with their coaches ( don’t know what they could be talking about - or do I ) 

It was a different place for sure and we were warned about it. I will be honest I kinda blew it off but I doubt our coach will ever send his team back up there. I wouldn't if I was the coach. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I'm not the dude to ask about restricting people's liberties, I hate the thought of it. There are fine points regarding the law of the land as it relates to the constitution though... speech can only be "chilled" by an authority if the speech in question meets certain criteria for threatening harm, inciting violence, and disturbing peaceful assembly. Adhere to the Bill of Rights when dealing with the public and I'm good with keeping the peace.

As for the good Sherriff I'm sure that he means well, but his assessment of who owns the facility is skewed... the people to whom he was speaking "own the facility" if it's a public school. It will probably require a violation of someone's civil liberties by a governmental agency, and a large settlement paid out to officially clarify where the boundary is between the right to free speech and inciting a disturbance or violent behavior. My guess is that it won't be much longer before it happens with the current way folks act coupled with the ignorance and disregard of basic human liberties by most authority figures.

29 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'm not the dude to ask about restricting people's liberties, I hate the thought of it. There are fine points regarding the law of the land as it relates to the constitution though... speech can only be "chilled" by an authority if the speech in question meets certain criteria for threatening harm, inciting violence, and disturbing peaceful assembly. Adhere to the Bill of Rights when dealing with the public and I'm good with keeping the peace.

As for the good Sherriff I'm sure that he means well, but his assessment of who owns the facility is skewed... the people to whom he was speaking "own the facility" if it's a public school. It will probably require a violation of someone's civil liberties by a governmental agency, and a large settlement paid out to officially clarify where the boundary is between the right to free speech and inciting a disturbance or violent behavior. My guess is that it won't be much longer before it happens with the current way folks act coupled with the ignorance and disregard of basic human liberties by most authority figures.

Wilkins got a technical for shrugging his shoulders up like what was the call and the ref slapped a tech. Anyway the girl that shot the FT's missed the first FT and our fans cheered that she missed the FT and a Creekwood scorekeeper who they say is a school administrator looked into the crowd and said to stop cheering against her because she was a Freshman and was 14 years old. We told the scorekeeper we aren't going to stop cheering because we paid our money to cheer our team and he sent the sheriff over. It was a girl and she talked to me like I agree with y"all this is a total circus here but I have to kick any of y'all out of the gym if they tell me too. No profanity just cheering for our team and they didn't like it. I would say that every ball out of bounds went to the home team and they shot about 35 FT's to our 8-10 and ours were at the end of the game. We went into a four corner up 14 with 7 minutes left in the game so we would have enough players to finish the game. We had our post foul out early in the 4th and we had most of our players with 4 fouls before it was over. 

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Wilkins got a technical for shrugging his shoulders up like what was the call and the ref slapped a tech. Anyway the girl that shot the FT's missed the first FT and our fans cheered that she missed the FT and a Creekwood scorekeeper who they say is a school administrator looked into the crowd and said to stop cheering against her because she was a Freshman and was 14 years old. We told the scorekeeper we aren't going to stop cheering because we paid our money to cheer our team and he sent the sheriff over. It was a girl and she talked to me like I agree with y"all this is a total circus here but I have to kick any of y'all out of the gym if they tell me too. No profanity just cheering for our team and they didn't like it. I would say that every ball out of bounds went to the home team and they shot about 35 FT's to our 8-10 and ours were at the end of the game. We went into a four corner up 14 with 7 minutes left in the game so we would have enough players to finish the game. We had our post foul out early in the 4th and we had most of our players with 4 fouls before it was over. 

We play Creekwood at home on Friday. 

35 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

District 13AAA Girls after Opening Night 

Dburg 1-0
South Gibson County 1-0
Dyer County 0-0
Crockett County 0-1
Obion County 0-1

This Friday Night:

Crockett at Dburg
Dyer County at South Gibson County

Dyersburg won’t win many games playing like they did tonight 

33 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Dyersburg won’t win many games playing like they did tonight 

There’s something about the way we match up with them. They swept us in the regular season a year ago and if my memory is right we had to come from behind in the Region Semifinal. Not our best night but with an eight game race to the postseason you have to get as many as you can.