Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Mr Football is loosing its luster. I’m still trying to figure out how Bryson Rollins at Elizabethton didn’t get one? Dude had the stats every year and only lost two games as a 3 year starter! Two titles and a very hard fought runner up. Kinda hard to argue the 2020 award when your teammate (Parker Hughes) wins it. But he didn’t even make the final cut the other two years? I’m not sure the 2019 winner was the best WR/DB either. Hughes had better individual stats that season too. And I really don’t think it should matter if it’s a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior. If you got the goods, you should get the prize. Sorry to highjack this thread. 

And then of course the obvious, the Mavs Stanton Martin finished as #1 in state passing and #10 Nationally in passing. Ended up 15-0 and a state championship last year. I think if we're honest that was a head scratcher, to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

And then of course the obvious, the Mavs Stanton Martin finished as #1 in state passing and #10 Nationally in passing. Ended up 15-0 and a state championship last year. I think if we're honest that was a head scratcher, to say the least. 

Wasn’t that Walker Martinez last season?! Martin had kryponite called Greeneville! He never made it past the quarterfinals.

1 minute ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Wasn’t that Walker Martinez last season?! Martin had kryponite called Greeneville! He never made it past the quarterfinals.

You are correct!  @Mavericksinflight must be smoking the good stuff in Washington tonight :lol:.  Even though Martin never made it past Greeneville, he was a true competitor and a player i liked to watch with his Grit in that 2017 playoff game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SquatchU said:

All Mr. Football has become is an award for the players with the most stars or offers by their name.

Also those little bees are about to find out the honey hole is dry and the Firebirds are an entire different breed. 

What’s the honey hole?

Edited by crow6424

13 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I was shocked that Upperman beat Greeneville. I watched the replay of the Greeneville vs Upperman game. It wasn't a fluke. Upperman is really good. They dominated the LOS on both sides. I hope this game is a close one. Can't wait to see it.

I can’t believe anyone has not mentioned this yet! The weather forecast for Saturday morning is currently calling for an 80% chance of rain with temps in the upper 50’s to low 60’s. For a team like Upperman who can rely mainly on the run game, does that help them by limiting the PC offensive capabilities? What affects could this have on each team? Let’s hear it guys. What say you?!