Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

Upper man has a strong team and no one can deny that…but they haven’t faced anyone that has a total package like PC. It’s just too much to overcome and I can’t see the U winning unless it’s a flawless game. If Greeneville had used their passing game earlier they would have beat Upperman by 2 scores at least. Greeneville handed them the game in my opinion and just got out coached. Like I said, not taking anything away from U or their players…they got to this point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TNTea said:

Upper man has a strong team and no one can deny that…but they haven’t faced anyone that has a total package like PC. It’s just too much to overcome and I can’t see the U winning unless it’s a flawless game. If Greeneville had used their passing game earlier they would have beat Upperman by 2 scores at least. Greeneville handed them the game in my opinion and just got out coached. Like I said, not taking anything away from U or their players…they got to this point.

Yeah, I agree I couldn’t  understand the Greeneville play calling after the first quarter it’s like they were shocked Upperman could play and didn’t really have a plan B.  They had no urgency or rhythm, plus they barely tested Uppermans secondary which aloud them to load the box against Quillen. Credit Upperman they won the line of scrimmage on both sides. 

Pearl Cohn is on another level though at every position and will have no problem running the rock or throwing against them! Big Ups for Upperman getting to this stage!  They will be much better next year with all this experience they are gaining, they are 1 of 2 teams in 4a still practicing football, that’s a great season for anybody! 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Yeah, I agree I couldn’t  understand the Greeneville play calling after the first quarter it’s like they were shocked Upperman could play and didn’t really have a plan B.  They had no urgency or rhythm, plus they barely tested Uppermans secondary which aloud them to load the box against Quillen. Credit Upperman they won the line of scrimmage on both sides. 

Pearl Cohn is on another level though at every position and will have no problem running the rock or throwing against them! Big Ups for Upperman getting to this stage!  They will be much better next year with all this experience they are gaining, they are 1 of 2 teams in 4a still practicing football, that’s a great season for anybody! 

True, lots coming back for the Bees 

8 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Doing some watching and score comparisons, which can be tricky, I have made a few observations. 

UHS tried to beef up the schedule but some unfortunate things happened. Cookeville refused to play them. Lebanon was a little down this year. Fayetteville didn't have the team they had the last couple years. Whitehouse is not the 90s Whitehouse. 

The 4a region UHS plays in is top to bottom is better than the one PC plays in, in my ooinion. That being said, said Macon is as good or better than anyone on the PC's regular season schedule excluding CPA. MBA didn't have one of thier better teams this year by far. Whitehouse is not what they were back in thier hayday. Playing Greeneville and Macon twice, are two of the top 4-8 teams in 4a.  Fayetteville has 1 maybe two legit d-1  players.  Those two Boarders twins at Macon could play anywhere. As far as size, Smith County the last two seasons is as big as anyone in the state on the OL abd DL. 

I think the problem PC poses, they have big kids like Smith Co. Pc has kids fast like the Boarder twins and those few at Fayetteville and Lebanon, and has some WRs like Greeneville. But all combined on one team.  

If UHS starts slow, or has that one quarter they meltdown in, it's over. If they come out like they did vs Stone and Lebanon.....and can keep it up, it will be a ball game. I beleave this UHS team is better than the team that pushed Alcoa to the wire in the semi's a few years ago. Beat a Greenville team who was tied with Alcoa at the half, and yes I know Alcoa was driving. 

I think if you switched the names to Alcoa, Greeneville, Anderson, or Elizabethton vs PC....the narrative would be diffrent. I get it, UHS is the new kid at the big dance. I just keep thinking it  will be way closer than most are thinking it will be. 

That’s your opinion, and some things I can agree with some things I can’t. There’s NOBODY on your schedule that’s beating CPA ,MBA or MC.  I’m putting the bank on Marshall County against Macon County. Let’s not forget that White House team you guys were struggling with. The same White House that almost beat 10-0 Harden county. Stone and Dekalb can’t beat Station Camp.. We also have a bigger district. Creekwood would also give some of the other teams in your district a problem. Playing any team twice and beating them is some monumental. Also the D1 stuff don’t do much because everybody we have played has at least one of those kids. Thats the gift and curse of being in Nashville.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Only difference is we know that when you make it to the state it’s not by luck. I’ve seen the film and the kids watch the film. Expecting the unexpected. So they won’t get no playing around or no laziness with us we getting straight to business and standing on it.

Good luck to both teams in this one. I’m the most excited to see this game than any other this weekend. I watched some of Upperman’s game against Greeneville on UCR and was very impressed with their big guys up front. PC speed may give them trouble but if they can keep things bottled up between the tackles, the Bees will be a tough out. I have to root for an Upper Cumberland team but my gut says PC by a few scores. I hope I’m wrong though

GO BEES