Craney steps down at Central

HTV

18 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Wow. That info was really helpful in shinning a light on how informed people close to the situation are informed on how the process works with people who are making the decision and how close these people are to the situation and when decisions are made and how the weather and school closings effect the people that have on making decisions plus the people making these decisions that are close to certain people that have to deal with these certain situations like weather and school closings.

Bounder, this lost me too.  All one sentence?  lol

The kids are telling me that 30 is going around telling people he's playing for Clinton next year. Please tell me this is not the case.  

Edited by oridgecat

2 minutes ago, FootballJunkie077 said:

Must be a long list? Probably working on page 2 of names. 

It must be. I think what is happening is coaches are looking at this job from a glance knowing it's been a traditionally great program, but realizing after they interview that this is not the same Central Bobcats program as previous years. They don't have the athletes that they had even 4-5 years ago when they were winning back to back state championships. The kids in the school do not want to play sports. Central didn't play JV games last year because they didn't have enough kids to fill the roster. It's gonna take a special person, like Bryson Rosser, to get some kids in or even get the kids already in the school to play. You have to be willing to get out and recruit in Knoxville. Everybody knows that now and knows that it's a good chance that Central will get out recruited by the likes of Bearden, Powell, Catholic, etc. Most high school coaches don't want to recruit or else they would have went with the college coaching route.  And all top of all of this, the Principal and AD are in their first years in those positions at Central, so this is their first time hiring a football coach. So whoever decides to take this job absolutely has their hands full. This hiring process is not as easy as everyone is expecting it to be. 

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Beggars can't be choosy and that's what Central has made their self look like through this process farting around.

They certainly have botched this unless they pull a home run hire out of their hind end.  On a side note, I totally understand the difficulty in making this hire.  If you have seen Central play football either of the last 2 years, let me just tell ya, it's ugly bad bad football.  I will admire whoever steps up to try to fix this mess.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

They certainly have botched this unless they pull a home run hire out of their hind end.  On a side note, I totally understand the difficulty in making this hire.  If you have seen Central play football either of the last 2 years, let me just tell ya, it's ugly bad bad football.  I will admire whoever steps up to try to fix this mess.  

The HVA hire would have been a home run for Central but for HVA his job will be like turning Chicken Chit into Chicken Salad.

46 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Bounder, this lost me too.  All one sentence?  lol

The kids are telling me that 30 is going around telling people he's playing for Clinton next year. Please tell me this is not the case.  

Wouldn’t doubt it, and I only say that because of some comments his father made on YouTube during games this past season. I’d hate to see him go, but I doubt Rang and company would have a going away party for his father. That’s all I’ll say.

55 minutes ago, bounder said:

Yep he's now a Clinton Dragon. SS has it right down the pike! PaPaw had best keep his mouth shut, not happy but hope my Great Grandboy does well over to Dragon Town! 

So Bounder will you be going to the OR games or over to Clinton games?

On 11/29/2023 at 1:27 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Never heard this one, but would not be shocked at all from other things I have heard.

2cd team players often did not show up at practice according to some players from this last season