State Championship Picks

Bump11

1 hour ago, Houstonby30 said:

You know germantown was picked to go to state right 20pts win at their home and Brentwood 28-0. Bradly played with a backup qb and scored 17 points against Oakland.  Houston would killed bradly and if you think #17  gone beat Houston by his self you crazy 

Lol.....Does whoever that takes care of you know that you escaped from under your bridge?  QB for Bradley was not a backup.  That young man has some serious talent along with several others on that team.  They just didn't realize that they were stuck on the tracks when the train was coming through until it was too late.  Three or four really good athletes are not enough to derail Oakland.  It takes several more and a great game plan and a total team effort.  That's a big part of what seperates Oakland from most others.

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol.....Does whoever that takes care of you know that you escaped from under your bridge?  QB for Bradley was not a backup.  That young man has some serious talent along with several others on that team.  They just didn't realize that they were stuck on the tracks when the train was coming through until it was too late.  Three or four really good athletes are not enough to derail Oakland.  It takes several more and a great game plan and a total team effort.  That's a big part of what seperates Oakland from most others.

Bradley's QB was a Rhea County Transfer and ran Wing T formations till coming to Bradley. He was recruited by Miami of Ohio as a DB. But he did show enough skill at QB that if he had been in an offense that was more geared to passing for the previous 3 years, what could he have done?

I thought Bradley's athletes were a competitive match for Oakland, but I was always concerned about both line's lack of size, in dealing with Oakland (Bearden and Maryville too for that matter). And without the line play to match Oakland, the athletes were negated to a large extent. I am not trying to say that we should have won here (even if we had the lines to match), but he who controls the line of scrimmage tends to win the ball game, no matter what level, no matter the athletes that make the glitter plays.

4 hours ago, Houstonby30 said:

You know germantown was picked to go to state right 20pts win at their home and Brentwood 28-0. Bradly played with a backup qb and scored 17 points against Oakland.  Houston would killed bradly and if you think #17  gone beat Houston by his self you crazy 

Houston was the beneficiary of like 3 turnovers. You’re dreaming if you think they are 20 points better than Germantown without it. As for Brentwood those silver spoon fed boys got exposed last Friday I’ll give you that. I’ve seen Houston and Bradly. And I just threw out my opinion that’s all it is. Houston has Nothing for Bradly. They went toe to toe with Oakland 17 to 17 before Oakland did what Oakland does. If Houston beats Oakland I’ll be the 1st one back to eat crow. I wish the gold was coming west. I don’t mean to hurt your feelers, But it ain’t happening. 

On 11/29/2023 at 1:56 PM, Houstonby30 said:

Bradley central didn’t play their backup qb, Kaleb Martin played the whole game while hurt, Oakland held Bradley Central to its season lowest, and held Boo Carter to 26 yards 

On 11/29/2023 at 2:17 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Daune Morris would be the first one to tell you he doesn't do it by himself. Ashton Jones will def factor into the running game as well. Every year I hear fans from every other team say Oakland is too 1 dimensional and yet they've won a title 4 out of the last 5 years. The fact that you can't spell Bradley and think Houston would "kill" them tells me all I need to know 

I spelled it like the first guy  and Houston Ain’t playing the team from the last 3 years they playing this year team. #5 aint all that trust me i watch Oakland play 3 games on film and i don’t see nothing special 

18 hours ago, kennydingleton said:

Bradley central didn’t play their backup qb, Kaleb Martin played the whole game while hurt, Oakland held Bradley Central to its season lowest, and held Boo Carter to 26 yards 

They both play little league football so it don’t matter. Brentwood had 0 yards on 17 carries. 67 total yards all game . Houston by 10

On 11/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, RollRed123 said:

I watched the Oakland v bradly game. and the Houston v Germantown highlight real on YouTube. My 2 cents is Houston wouldn’t have much of anything for Bradly. And even less for Oakland. And I’m in the west and would love to see the gold ball come this way. I just don’t see it happening. 

Keep going off YouTube this #### different in person