New BGA Coach

LetMeSpin

19 hours ago, cbg said:

The BGA alumni and families should be asking themselves if the board of trust are willing to do what it takes to have a successful (state championship caliber) football program.  My initial guess would be NO.

Based on a few BGA paths that I cross; this seems to be the case. It's unfortunate too, because BGA has been a traditionally strong program and been middle of the road as of late, which shows in the stands as well on any given Friday night. You hate it for the players, as it used to mean something to be a BGA Wildcat, and now... it's just another place to go to school and play sports. Would love to see a legacy type of Coach come to the helm and make BGA great again. Or hire a Coach that knows and respects that tradition as a former opponent. BGA Board, Admin, search committee needs to show a little more sense of urgency, if they want to right the ship and not lose players with the current coaching carousel going on in D2 right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Spot on.   

99.9% of academias in the United States do not feel as if it is possible to have both successful academics and athletics.  The late Coach Bryan said that he had never heard of 100 thousand people paying good money to watch college students take a chemistry examination.  

9 hours ago, y2kgt46 said:

Based on a few BGA paths that I cross; this seems to be the case. It's unfortunate too, because BGA has been a traditionally strong program and been middle of the road as of late, which shows in the stands as well on any given Friday night. You hate it for the players, as it used to mean something to be a BGA Wildcat, and now... it's just another place to go to school and play sports. Would love to see a legacy type of Coach come to the helm and make BGA great again. Or hire a Coach that knows and respects that tradition as a former opponent. BGA Board, Admin, search committee needs to show a little more sense of urgency, if they want to right the ship and not lose players with the current coaching carousel going on in D2 right now.

I had 2 to play for the last two coaches and I can tell you that after the championship game appearance, it got worse every year. You are spot on with your assessment 

• Like 1

BGA seemingly has the longest road of D2 schools to travel to return to success.  The Franklin area obviously is not full of football players see (Franklin high lack of success). Also you have Page (winning) Independence, and Centennial (improving).  Those schools are options for athletes.  When your record is that bad a big part of the issue is talent. 

Let’s face it are athletes going to leave the metro area and drive to BGA ?  All of the D2 private schools in Nashville are after the same pool of players which will get divided out amongst the schools and probably not reach Franklin. 

Im not saying it can’t be done but location has a lot to do with success athletically. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gambler said:

BGA seemingly has the longest road of D2 schools to travel to return to success.  The Franklin area obviously is not full of football players see (Franklin high lack of success). Also you have Page (winning) Independence, and Centennial (improving).  Those schools are options for athletes.  When your record is that bad a big part of the issue is talent. 

Let’s face it are athletes going to leave the metro area and drive to BGA ?  All of the D2 private schools in Nashville are after the same pool of players which will get divided out amongst the schools and probably not reach Franklin. 

Im not saying it can’t be done but location has a lot to do with success athletically. 

that long road may hold tru in Nashville.....but not across the state

Booger just sayin :wink:

On 12/13/2023 at 8:41 AM, y2kgt46 said:

Somehow I have a hard time buying this... that the school that has been playing football for 100+ years, has won half a dozen or so state titles, and literally has a statue of a football player on their campus...all of the sudden doesn't care about football? The win/loss record has not been good the last couple years, but they were in the championship game not too long ago.  

13 hours ago, Booger said:

that long road may hold tru in Nashville.....but not across the state

Booger just sayin :wink:

If the transfer rule passes in January allowing a one time transfer then the private schools will all prosper.  The metropolitan public schools will be destroyed of talent.  This will afford BGA to get back in the game with Boyd CPA FRA and others in their class.  The DII AAA schools have already figured it out with massive $$$$ spent on coaches facilities and out of state players and boarding schools recruiting.  This new rule will be devastating to public school sports in every aspect.  Just imagine what will happen to Bradley and Tyner in  our area.   Baylor and MCallie can pick and choose and Boyd will take what’s left.   

Yeah because currently no kids transfer to private schools. The 1-time transfer means nothing. Private schools all over landed some of the top players in the state. Private schools, Alcoa and Bearden have loaded up in the portal. Bradley County just had an amazing year... led by ALL TRANSFER PLAYERS. TSSAA is implementing a transfer rule just so they can further turn their head to portal currently operating right in front of them.

34 minutes ago, RiverRat95 said:

Yeah because currently no kids transfer to private schools. The 1-time transfer means nothing. Private schools all over landed some of the top players in the state. Private schools, Alcoa and Bearden have loaded up in the portal. Bradley County just had an amazing year... led by ALL TRANSFER PLAYERS. TSSAA is implementing a transfer rule just so they can further turn their head to portal currently operating right in front of them.

TSSAA doesn’t want the transfer rule however Gov. Lee and his cronies are calling for it with his terrible voucher program. 

• Upvote 1