2024 1A Season

FootballismyVice

On 12/11/2023 at 6:57 PM, mrbigster said:

I think schedules are set for next year.After that,hope LC drops Dyersburg,TCA,Union City unless goes to AA,and Central.Add Fulton Co ,Fulton City,.maybe Perry Co.,Middleton even if longer travel.Or keep Union City and Central and pick up Ky schools not far away.Hopefulky get those easy wins like others.

Lake County should never drop Union City that game needs to be played every year along with Obion Central.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:39 AM, FootballismyVice said:

I know the Jellico region is terrible but more so in the spirit of looking terrible this year to looking much improved was more of the point of that example. 

I would think that no doubt that Jellico improved this season even though region 1 is weak.  I’m sure many people thought Rockwood would roll Jellico in the playoff game, but the game was very competitive with Jellico losing In OT.  But that doesn’t mean they have arrived and will start challenging Cloudland for region supremacy. But hey, kudos to them for showing improvement.  Maybe the success will generate more interest in their program and get more players out for football. 

Edited by Orangeslide
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 1:14 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yes, the G-men and the folks from OZ will have a lot to say about the March to Chattanooga again next year. I'm not sure what Coalfield has coming back, but I expect them to be in the mix.

I think OZ will have a good chance to take Coalfield in region 2. They only lost 3 seniors.  OZ did show some bright spots in their playoff loss to SPITT but it’s a whole different story of being competitive for 4 quarters against PITT. Even though PITT Lost a lot just don’t see anyone in region 1 or 2 knocking them off.  

2 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

I would think that no doubt that Jellico improved this season even though region 1 is weak.  I’m sure many people thought Rockwood would roll Jellico in the playoff game, but the game was very competitive with Jellico losing In OT.  But that doesn’t mean they have arrived and will start challenging Cloudland for region supremacy. But hey, kudos to them for showing improvement.  Maybe the success will generate more interest in their program and get more players out for football. 

It will more then likely be a cloudland region until there is serious investment from the other teams but for the sake of good football wish teams in that region more consistently competed with them and then region 2 in the playoffs

4 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

Rockwood was without their qb and many others. I think they’ll be fine this year especially with what they have coming back. Plus a massive freshman class coming up that was a monster in tmssaa They’ll have to fight oz though. We have a lot coming back and cf is losing a bit unless their recruitment picks up.  
Jellico was young weren’t they?

20 hours ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

Rockwood was without their qb and many others. I think they’ll be fine this year especially with what they have coming back. Plus a massive freshman class coming up that was a monster in tmssaa They’ll have to fight oz though. We have a lot coming back and cf is losing a bit unless their recruitment picks up.  
Jellico was young weren’t they?

As far as I know they weren't much younger then any other team in their region I think most of the teams had a blend of youth lots of underclassmen in key positions as well as seniors.

On 1/7/2024 at 7:29 PM, Pirate2003 said:

They most definitely could be the front runner in the east. 

Cmon Pirate. You know that’s not true. Don’t want to take anything away from OZ or any other team for that matter. But you guys will always be the front runner until proven otherwise

2 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

Cmon Pirate. You know that’s not true. Don’t want to take anything away from OZ or any other team for that matter. But you guys will always be the front runner until proven otherwise

He did say "could be."  As far as SP and OS goes, we will get a barometer in August.  If OS can't get on SP in game 1, SP will likely get better during the season.