2024 1A Season

FootballismyVice

39 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Yeah the young RB this year and the Freshman both will be legit but was told they had no seniors next year. I don’t see a team without Seniors making it there but South Pitt will be South Pitt don’t get me wrong. Not impossible without Seniors but generally speaking it doesn’t happen often. I am just keeping it real

You are correct. It will take a special group of young guys. Luckily we have that. Do we win it? Not sure if you ask me right now, but I think we make it to chatt. 

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Yeah the young RB this year and the Freshman both will be legit but was told they had no seniors next year. I don’t see a team without Seniors making it there but South Pitt will be South Pitt don’t get me wrong. Not impossible without Seniors but generally speaking it doesn’t happen often. I am just keeping it real

30 sophomores and Freshman on this team… without a doubt a bunch of future studs in the making. Things good in Pirate land!

Just now, team69 said:

Can’t find my reading glasses

I understand.  I'm the same.  

They did have some cats on their team.  A scat cat or two. 

Could be something in the making there. 

A strong 2nd place team in our region is nice to have come playoff time.  With them being seeded #2 & falling into the bottom of the bracket, if they could win that part. we would ALWAYS host the quarterfinals EVERY YEAR (odd & even years) and not just every odd year.  

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

If the line play is there Sp could easily be playing in December. This is a special group of Freshmen and Sophomores. I have full confidence this coaching staff will have them ready.   

11 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yes, the G-men and the folks from OZ will have a lot to say about the March to Chattanooga again next year. I'm not sure what Coalfield has coming back, but I expect them to be in the mix.

Cf doesn't lose much but 27, 56 and 42 will be missed especially 27(Henry) our leading tackler. If they get there tails in the weight room this off season we shall be fine.  We need to get a little stronger and bigger up front.  

• Like 1

Eagleville will have 46 players returning...we had one of, if not the youngest team in 1A this year, and losing only 8 seniors off this years team, and some of them did not start. The majority of the offense, and majority of the defense all return...we will see how it plays out with incoming players and transfer students and also our players from Central...i think they we get out of second round playoffs in 2024. Then who knows...we will see. But good luck to all the teams in 2024, may it be a great season and a healthy one for all the kids! That's what is important!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I understand.  I'm the same.  

They did have some cats on their team.  A scat cat or two. 

Could be something in the making there. 

A strong 2nd place team in our region is nice to have come playoff time.  With them being seeded #2 & falling into the bottom of the bracket, if they could win that part. we would ALWAYS host the quarterfinals EVERY YEAR (odd & even years) and not just every odd year.  

They scared the blue cat poop out of Those Gordy Tyggers.

• Upvote 1