2024 1A Season

FootballismyVice

2 hours ago, BigCornbread said:

McKenzie Vs SP for rematch. 

Don’t forget about OS. OS is youthful. Gordy is also always a contender in East as well. Don’t know a lot about what west teams have returning. 

I think McKenzie has one more shot to get it done.  They lose several key players and depth will be the real issue for them.  But they do return in my opinion the Mr. Football favorite in Surber and several key lineman.  

5 hours ago, Gfieldjackets05 said:

In Region 7-A I see it looking like this next year...

1. Union City

2. Lake County

3. Dresden

4. South Fulton

5. Greenfield 

6. Gleason

7. Halls

8. Humboldt 

SF will be in the running for a region championship. If they stay healthy that is. Not understanding how you have LC at 2. Their own fans said they were a 1 man band this year and that 1 man is graduating along with the QB and much of the OL if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

SF will be in the running for a region championship. If they stay healthy that is. Not understanding how you have LC at 2. Their own fans said they were a 1 man band this year and that 1 man is graduating along with the QB and much of the OL if I remember correctly.

Most of the LC offensive line returns. LC should be better at QB and LC always has RB. With that said LC will be young and probably 2 years away from being back to their usual self. UC will be the best in the region. So. Fulton returns alot in 2024. If SF is ever going to make a move it will be this year. LC will be anywhere from 2nd to 5th in the region.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Most of the LC offensive line returns. LC should be better at QB and LC always has RB. With that said LC will be young and probably 2 years away from being back to their usual self. UC will be the best in the region. So. Fulton returns alot in 2024. If SF is ever going to make a move it will be this year. LC will be anywhere from 2nd to 5th in the region.

No disagreement except I think 3-5. 

47 minutes ago, toinemac said:

I think I would swap South Fulton and Lake County. SF has a lot coming back and LC is losing a ton

I dont disagree. It depends on how healthy south fulton stays.  I'm always gonna pull for greenfield but I don't see us as top 4 until 2025 and 2026.  But who knows, just see union city as the top team in region 7-a.

South Pitt & Oliver Springs liable to be two best teams in the East and they play in week 1 or 2 again I believe. Gordonsville and Oliver Springs both sound like they return the most and probably favorites in each region. With South Pitt losing the house I am not so sure they make it back to Chatt but the road def goes through them for everyone else. I am just keeping it real

18 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

South Pitt & Oliver Springs liable to be two best teams in the East and they play in week 1 or 2 again I believe. Gordonsville and Oliver Springs both sound like they return the most and probably favorites in each region. With South Pitt losing the house I am not so sure they make it back to Chatt but the road def goes through them for everyone else. I am just keeping it real

You will enjoy next year. Watch the sophomore- junior class ball out. Question is…does SP have the hogs up front!

40 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with SP by playoff time next season. Lot of growing up to do but the horses are there. 

9 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with SP by playoff time next season. Lot of growing up to do but the horses are there. 

Yeah the young RB this year and the Freshman both will be legit but was told they had no seniors next year. I don’t see a team without Seniors making it there but South Pitt will be South Pitt don’t get me wrong. Not impossible without Seniors but generally speaking it doesn’t happen often. I am just keeping it real