TN Wrestling Coach's Poll for 6 December 2023

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from 6 December 2023

THIS IS THE FIRST POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 31st year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 120.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

BAYLOR

NA

CLEVELAND

NA

FATHER RYAN

NA

SUMMIT

NA

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

NA

BLACKMAN

NA

BRENTWOOD

NA

NOLENSVILLE

NA

BRADLEY CENTRAL

NA

HALLS

NA

DOBYNS-BENNETT

NA

LAKEWAY

NA

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: HOUSTON,MCCALLIE,PIGEON FORGE,MBA,SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, SODDY-DAISY,STATION CAMP,WILSON CENTRAL

49 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

I'm just waiting for all the Cleveland people to start whining about how Big Bad Baylor is ranked ahead of them. :lol: Cleveland works so much harder than everyone else so they should obviously be ranked #1, right?

I guess we didn't get this out of our systems on the last poll so lets talk about it on this poll too, so it can be 8 pages long of more of the same.

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

Think Mccallie and Lakeway should be top 10. 

Lakeway might be there but look at their dual schedule last year with TN teams, it was and always has been virtually non-existent.  Really hard to get a feel for where they are with respect to the entire state.  Personally I've never understood why they seem to wrestle so little.  Perhaps their inability to put together a full squad has played a role, don't know.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oceansize42 said:

Lakeway might be there but look at their dual schedule last year with TN teams, it was and always has been virtually non-existent.  Really hard to get a feel for where they are with respect to the entire state.  Personally I've never understood why they seem to wrestle so little.  Perhaps their inability to put together a full squad has played a role, don't know.

I agree with you. 

I'm surprised the coaches don't have Soddy Daisy in their top 12.  If I were ranking the Top 12 regardless of division I would have it...

1. Cleveland or Baylor (depending on the day)

2. Baylor or Cleveland (depending on the day)

3. Father Ryan

4. Summit

5. Halls

6. Soddy Daisy

7. Blackman

8. CBHS

9. DB

10. Brentwood

11. Nolensville

12. Lakeway

Divisionally, Cleveland, Baylor, and Soddy seem head and shoulders above everyone else.