Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Well the opinion about Beau is based on many  things including the history of the program and school itself. While being a great man he’s not ready to be the newest caretaker of that program. 

The man has won multiple state championships as the school’s defensive coordinator.  He has head coaching experience.  He was a region championship head coach at a school that had no region championships prior to his arrival and has not sniffed any region championships since he left town either.  That man is more than qualified to lead the program.  

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

The man has won multiple state championships as the school’s defensive coordinator.  He has head coaching experience.  He was a region championship head coach at a school that had no region championships prior to his arrival and has not sniffed any region championships since he left town either.  That man is more than qualified to lead the program.  

I am not sure what they are looking for. Good enough to be a teacher and DC but not good enough for future. 

On 1/5/2024 at 3:20 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

I ain't tryin' to nitpick, but DCA is non-denominational. Always have been.

Booger can handle nitpiks of MM76....

Booger may not know for sure if the good folks of DCA are claimin that title cause the good folks of DCA acceptin all churchs on the property....to even include catholics....or if them fine folks believe that Book of scriptures is the only authority drivin the teachin without outside personal thoughts attached to it.....

.....but Booger fairly sure that place was born from the loins of the Baptist Church not to far from that present day campus....Will Free to add

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

35 minutes ago, Booger said:

Booger can handle nitpiks of MM76....

Booger may not know for sure if the good folks of DCA are claimin that title cause the good folks of DCA acceptin all churchs on the property....to even include catholics....or if them fine folks believe that Book of scriptures is the only authority drivin the teachin without outside personal thoughts attached to it.....

.....but Booger fairly sure that place was born from the loins of the Baptist Church not to far from that present day campus....Will Free to add

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

DCA was founded in 1971, the same year that Metro decided to close two neighborhood high schools in the area. Donelson and Two Rivers, as well as Cameron and Central high schools and bus everyone to the "new" McGavock High School. DCA was formed basically for their kids to avoid the 3000 student diversity at McG.

Two Rivers Baptist, which is what I think you are referring to, was not what it later became at that time. There were a couple hundred members then in one normal sized building.  Not the couple thousand it later became in the 80s and 90s. I assume you know the Catholic Diocese in Nashville purchased their MUCH larger campus several years ago when Two RIvers Baptist disintegrated and closed. I see they are currently adding on to that campus as we speak.

While I am sure there were Baptist people involved in starting DCA, I know for a fact that there were also many other denominations in the area that were in from the start. They have advertised themselves as non-denominational from the start.

Nothing but love for ya Boogs. Just straightening it out. Now if they will just hire a coach.

Also, Playerscoach has been heavily involved there for a long time. He is a pretty reliable source on DCA.

13 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

DCA was founded in 1971, the same year that Metro decided to close two neighborhood high schools in the area. Donelson and Two Rivers, as well as Cameron and Central high schools and bus everyone to the "new" McGavock High School. DCA was formed basically for their kids to avoid the 3000 student diversity at McG.

Two Rivers Baptist, which is what I think you are referring to, was not what it later became at that time. There were a couple hundred members then in one normal sized building.  Not the couple thousand it later became in the 80s and 90s. I assume you know the Catholic Diocese in Nashville purchased their MUCH larger campus several years ago when Two RIvers Baptist disintegrated and closed. I see they are currently adding on to that campus as we speak.

While I am sure there were Baptist people involved in starting DCA, I know for a fact that there were also many other denominations in the area that were in from the start. They have advertised themselves as non-denominational from the start.

Nothing but love for ya Boogs. Just straightening it out. Now if they will just hire a coach.

Also, Playerscoach has been heavily involved there for a long time. He is a pretty reliable source on DCA.

Booger was a baptist in beginnin too...before transgenderin to present day..

...and thats some darn cool history MM76 laid out there...and no doubt the Wildcats will hire them a coach

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

19 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Lots of coaches have experience. Lots of public school coaches have won region championships. Lots of coaches have been the DC or OC at successful programs. None of those mean you turn the keys over to them. He’s a very nice man for sure though. Compared to the other candidates and what they bring to the DCA community it is unlikely he gets the job based on what I know. 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:16 AM, Playerscoach said:

Then you don’t know all the candidates. 

Do you?? 

I know several of the candidates personally, not sure why a couple of them are candidates to be honest.  You got the coach you wanted last time maybe this time will be the same.  

Lippy, GP may not have anyone on staff that wanted it unlike DCA.  

2 hours ago, Brave1 said:

Do you?? 

I know several of the candidates personally, not sure why a couple of them are candidates to be honest.  You got the coach you wanted last time maybe this time will be the same.  

I think everybody wanted to coach that we got last time at DCA, if they were being honest as to who was the most qualified that is.

I think many of us know several of the final candidates. Some I’ve known close to 50 years, others I’ve known a great deal about them, and their family. There are a couple of people that I am not familiar with, but I know relatives in the coaching community who are. One in particular is an extremely successful head coach, and he thinks highly of that candidate.

I think it’s wide-open as to who the coach could be? Whoever gets it will be the beneficiary of some great skill players, assuming they don’t leave, and a brand new indoor facility that is just as good as any other around.

20 hours ago, Brave1 said:

Do you?? 

I think everybody wanted to coach that we got last time at DCA, if they were being honest as to who was the most qualified that is.

I think many of us know several of the final candidates. Some I’ve known close to 50 years, others I’ve known a great deal about them, and their family. There are a couple of people that I am not familiar with, but I know relatives in the coaching community who are. One in particular is an extremely successful head coach, and he thinks highly of that candidate.

I think it’s wide-open as to who the coach could be? Whoever gets it will be the beneficiary of some great skill players, assuming they don’t leave, and a brand new indoor facility that is just as good as any other around.

This picture is getting clearer. DCA has some great candidates in this group. D1, D2, and NCAA coaching experience. All the finalists have those credentials so it’s going to be interesting. I have a personal connection to all but two of the coaches remaining and think they are good leaders of young men. Ironically, the two that I am least familiar with are the two that have had the most glowing endorsements from my relatives and friends in the coaching community. There’s one candidate though that is destined to be a superstar coach who is sought after by multiple schools right now. 

With these final rounds of interviews it could be announced within a week or so?