Hasselbeck to Ensworth

Booger

5 hours ago, Booger said:

ESPN must have an office in South Nashville 

yall wanted another south nashville splash hire and you got it

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Looks like to coach west of the Mountain you have to be a retired NFL QB.  Except BA couldn’t afford that route so they just hired a plain ole  HS coach with multiple championships 

Edited by Chattanoogachoochoo

4 hours ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

Looks like to coach west of the Mountain you have to be a retired NFL QB.  Except BA couldn’t afford that route so they just hired a plain ole  HS coach with multiple championships 

ba couldn’t afford that route????? lol you really must be from chattanooga…. ba went with the best option…I guess some people including yourself must forget the end goal huh????? “A plain ole hs coach with multiple championships” sounds better than a coach with ZERO coaching experience at all…. open your eyes….

6 hours ago, The50YardLine said:

ba couldn’t afford that route????? lol you really must be from chattanooga…. ba went with the best option…I guess some people including yourself must forget the end goal huh????? “A plain ole hs coach with multiple championships” sounds better than a coach with ZERO coaching experience at all…. open your eyes….

I think you missed the sarcasm 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2024 at 6:50 PM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I can’t wait for CPW to beat Ensworth annually for years to come. Ricky Bowers knows he messed up years ago passing on Wade and I’m looking forward to him being reminded. 

He lives rent-free in your head, it is clear. 

On 12/22/2023 at 6:52 AM, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

Mid-state private school football is on another level. 99% of the rest of TN high school football isn’t like this, nor can it be. Seems like a great person, wish him well. 

No dog in this but not Private AAA. It’s all about the two Chattanooga privates the past several years.

14 hours ago, chs1984 said:

No dog in this but not Private AAA. It’s all about the two Chattanooga privates the past several years.

Right?! What is this guy talking about Mid-State private school being on another level? DII AAA runs through Chattanooga. And it has been this way for a minute. 

Now, other areas of DII may run through the mid-state area. Some decent public school teams (see Pearl Cohn), but the Nashville elite private schools are getting taken to the shed by the two Chatt schools as of late.

I still will never understand why a Nashville school has yet to embrace the boarding school model like Baylor and McCallie do. At Baylor only 200 kids board of the 800ish high school students. Most of those are out of state/country and around 75% of them are athletes that have excelled in their respective sport.

It's not rocket science. Get kids through the doors that can play even if they aren't local. Nashville is a far more appealing draw than SE TN (Baylor and McCallie are great institutions, I'm speaking only on Chattanooga v. Nashville in terms of what the cities have to offer) and I think programs like MBA, Ensworth, BA, Lipscomb, etc. could dominate in most sports if that were to happen. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

Right?! What is this guy talking about Mid-State private school being on another level? DII AAA runs through Chattanooga. And it has been this way for a minute. 

Now, other areas of DII may run through the mid-state area. Some decent public school teams (see Pearl Cohn), but the Nashville elite private schools are getting taken to the shed by the two Chatt schools as of late.

I still will never understand why a Nashville school has yet to embrace the boarding school model like Baylor and McCallie do. At Baylor only 200 kids board of the 800ish high school students. Most of those are out of state/country and around 75% of them are athletes that have excelled in their respective sport.

It's not rocket science. Get kids through the doors that can play even if they aren't local. Nashville is a far more appealing draw than SE TN (Baylor and McCallie are great institutions, I'm speaking only on Chattanooga v. Nashville in terms of what the cities have to offer) and I think programs like MBA, Ensworth, BA, Lipscomb, etc. could dominate in most sports if that were to happen. 

Maybe you can start one.

17 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Maybe you can start one.

The minute one school in Middle TN tries to build a real boarding school model at least one other would have to follow suit. It would tip the balance of power too greatly with only one - especially at the AAA enrollment. Lipscomb is trying the IMG thing with their Endeavor program but without access to more dorms it can't be as large. Webb BB is only large enough to sustain dominant smaller sports programs. And frankly there are a lot of parents in Middle TN who want their kids to play and not be pushed to the bench by someone transferring in. As long as they are still calling some shots, they're happy to be the best in Middle TN.  

Where have you gone Deuce Knight?

• Upvote 2