Cummings named Coach at LC.

ILB1999

15 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I heard they are building a second high school in lenior city? Didn't think they was big enough to have 2 schools in lc. Gonna hurt their sports programs bad I'd say

I heard it was a Loudon County school.

I don't think LC will be hurting. They are about to build an indoor facility that will put Clinton's to shame

21 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I heard it was a Loudon County school.

I don't think LC will be hurting. They are about to build an indoor facility that will put Clinton's to shame

Yeah it will take the county kids in that area that were going to lenior city. They will move down to 4a I think 

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Yeah it will take the county kids in that area that were going to lenior city. They will move down to 4a I think 

The new school will be on that road behind Home Depot next to a church. I'm wondering if this could take from Greenback or could it be the end of Greenback, they only have 200 students.

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I would imagine that it would not be in the city limits so anyone zoned for LC would go there. I am also sure that if any players that still wanted to go to LC could if they wanted to.

I would think it would hurt Loudon the most. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The new school will be on that road behind Home Depot next to a church. I'm wondering if this could take from Greenback or could it be the end of Greenback, they only have 200 students.

I forgot about Greenback. I don't know that area well. How close will the school be in relation to LC, Loudon, & GB?

54 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I forgot about Greenback. I don't know that area well. How close will the school be in relation to LC, Loudon, & GB?

If its on Simpson Rd behind Home Depot then it real close to LC.  From there to LC is less than 3 miles, around 10 miles to Loudon High, and around 15 miles to Greenback.

Just now, Swipes said:

If its on Simpson Rd behind Home Depot then it real close to LC.  From there to LC is less than 3 miles, around 10 miles to Loudon High, and around 15 miles to Greenback.

My guess is that is within the county zone but close enough to LC so that they feel like they are hurting LC?

37 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

My guess is that is within the county zone but close enough to LC so that they feel like they are hurting LC?

Yea the address is 6445 Highway 11 E that Loudon County Board of Education owns and right pass the LC City Limits.  

32 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yea the address is 6445 Highway 11 E that Loudon County Board of Education owns and right pass the LC City Limits.  

Smart play by them for sure but I don't think it will matter much for LC.

Heard they are building an indoor facility that will be better than Clinton's

21 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I don't think it will either.  Lenoir City is growing like crazy and up 6% just from last years student population for the school system.  They are building an all purpose facility with a 1 cent per dollar sales tax increase so could attract some kids from the county or Farragut

https://twitter.com/LenoirCityFB_/status/1777722025685000583/photo/1

24 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

IF and that is a big IF the county school is opened LC will drop enrollment big time!! 70% of the schools enrollment is technically county kids. the second BIG IF is the indoor facility only happens IF the sales tax increase passes......