Savanna Davis hits 17 3’s

VOLnWTN

23 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Most of the time she is doubled and tripled teamed and still averages in the mid 20's. I guess this is what happens when you try and play her single man to man. She created all the shots with the ball off of screens and step backs. She was not just sitting on a wing or in the corner with nobody at all guarding her. They were trying to guard her.

Don't care how they attempted to guard her there is zero excuse to allow one person to make that many threes in a game. Milan must have no clue how to defend anyone.  Davis is a great player not throwing any shade her way but no one can convince me that Milan has a clue about playing defense.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Mckenzie's coach is a great guy. I heard he only has a handful of players. 

He’s only had a hand full the last 2 state runs also. 8 or 9. That’s still no excuse to run the score up on lesser talented teams. A 25 point win is as good as a 40 point win. He don’t mind doing that. He’s had the luxury of having really good athletes and some of that is because he has developed them. It’s no doubt that he is a really good coach. You don’t take multiple boys and girls teams to state(at the same time) without being a good coach. 

7 hours ago, Waker said:

He’s only had a hand full the last 2 state runs also. 8 or 9. That’s still no excuse to run the score up on lesser talented teams. A 25 point win is as good as a 40 point win. He don’t mind doing that. He’s had the luxury of having really good athletes and some of that is because he has developed them. It’s no doubt that he is a really good coach. You don’t take multiple boys and girls teams to state(at the same time) without being a good coach. 

Kind of like HMS girls scoring 90 on Henry. 

10 hours ago, Waker said:

97. The coach played everyone. All the way down to the 6th graders. Henry scored 2 points the first game and 0 the second. Should HMS players just laid down on the court?

McKenzie's coach played all 7 of his players as well and Davis sat the 4th quarter. My whole point is this was an outstanding  performance by a McKenzie player and all the haters want to do is throw shade @ Mck. coach . My only regret is she sat the 4th quarter she would have easily tied or broke the national record.

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

McKenzie's coach played all 7 of his players as well and Davis sat the 4th quarter. My whole point is this was an outstanding  performance by a McKenzie player and all the haters want to do is throw shade @ Mck. coach . My only regret is she sat the 4th quarter she would have easily tied or broke the national record.

I can personally attest that McKenzie's coach is a very good coach and he's going to do it the way he's learned. He's going to be successful and it's in his DNA. That shooting exhibition is something very special. MTSU is getting the best slashing/shooting player from our area. Great show young Davis!! Some guards go the entire season without making 17 threes..much less in one game. 

On 12/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, Waker said:

She is a special player and I won’t take anything away from her amazing shooting night. To your question… have you ever met McKenzies coach? Meet him once and you’ll know.

You met him one time and now you think you know the guy… that sounds about right.

McKenzie’s coach is a good coach and a good person. 

I’m glad for Savannah on a great accomplishment… the majority of players can’t shoot 17-20 from 3 in a gym with nobody guarding them. She puts in the work and it paid off for her. Congrats.

19 minutes ago, TLowns said:

You met him one time and now you think you know the guy… that sounds about right.

McKenzie’s coach is a good coach and a good person. 

I’m glad for Savannah on a great accomplishment… the majority of players can’t shoot 17-20 from 3 in a gym with nobody guarding them. She puts in the work and it paid off for her. Congrats.

I’ve known him for years and he knows me. I didn’t say I have met him once. I said “meet”him once and you will know. Maybe reading comprehension isn’t your thing.

Edited by Waker