AE job open

OrangePylon

49 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

I don’t blame him. They don’t play a meaningful conference game ever and then they get into the playoffs and it’s the same. Schools that small that don’t recruit at the level of Alcoa have no shot. 

Alcoa's dynasty will run out soon.  Let them enjoy it while they can.  No matter what division they play in , AE will always schedule them.  Yes, it's been lopsided here lately but tables about to to turn.  Don't believe me, keep watching.  

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

Alcoa's dynasty will run out soon.  Let them enjoy it while they can.  No matter what division they play in , AE will always schedule them.  Yes, it's been lopsided here lately but tables about to to turn.  Don't believe me, keep watching.  

AE is the only school that “could” compete with Alcoa right now. But it would take them getting a handful of kids from Fulton, central, carter etc.

2 hours ago, HawkDad33 said:

AE is the only school that “could” compete with Alcoa right now. But it would take them getting a handful of kids from Fulton, central, carter etc.

Actually they don't need anyone they just have to believe in themselves.  Most teams get scared when they see Alcoa across the field from them but AE is one that's willing to put up a fight against them.  Shoot game 1 at AE it was 7-0 Alcoa at the end of the first quarter.  So you can tell AE can compete with them when they want 

18 hours ago, Turtle said:

Now back to the coaching search;  Hearing there's a lot of interest in this job.  Some names you wouldn't believe and some you're like WHO... I'll say we'll hear something by the end of the month.  

Who are some surprises?  But who are the WHOES!?

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

Now back to the coaching search;  Hearing there's a lot of interest in this job.  Some names you wouldn't believe and some you're like WHO... I'll say we'll hear something by the end of the month.  

Who are some surprises?  But who are the WHOES!?

13 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

Who are some real names people know have applied?

I no longer have my inside source, I just know there's a lot of interest in the job.  I haven't heard any names but I'm trying to get some hahah so I can fill yall in..

Edited by Turtle
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Turtle said:

I no longer have my inside source, I just know there's a lot of interest in the job.  I haven't heard any names but I'm trying to get some hahah so I can fill yall in..

Talking with a buddy last night who had a lot to do with the last Greenback hire and he was telling me he knows one of the “applicants” and said he hopes he gets it.  Problem is that applicant told him he’s 100% sure he won’t even be considered even though he has one heck of a coaching resume and knows the AD personally.  I’m not saying I think he should or shouldn’t be considered because I don’t know him tbh, but it does raise a question about the hiring process for athletics in this area.  The Good ole boy system is heavily in place for one.  We saw it up here in Greenback!  And 2, I’ve noticed schools hiring a “name” not an actually proven Coach.  Maybe that’s just me I don’t know. But I remember going to AE when I was in school and it was a rowdy fun football atmosphere!  They used to do that chant and hit their pads when they came out! Just menacing! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

Talking with a buddy last night who had a lot to do with the last Greenback hire and he was telling me he knows one of the “applicants” and said he hopes he gets it.  Problem is that applicant told him he’s 100% sure he won’t even be considered even though he has one heck of a coaching resume and knows the AD personally. 

I think its fair game for all!  I think whomever your friend is should think positive and think he sould and will get a chance to interview.   I think The AD will consider any and everyone .