AAA Basketball

Tigers615

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Great win for Jackson South Side last night as they beat a real good Creekwood team. They have a big time Freshman player maybe D-1. Congratulations to the Lady Hawks. They are in District 12 I believe playing in the Middle Tennessee bracket. South Side seems to be really playing good at the right time. 

We are just clicking at the right time. 

Not saying Station Camp or Macon will beat South Side or Chester at all but they could hang if shots are falling. Macon is better than they were a year ago in 7 AAA and would've competed better in the district if they were still in it. Probably would have still been battling with Stone & Dekalb with a possible upset here or there. Had some drama at the end of the year this year that hurt their record but have rebounded the last 2 games seems like. Played really well the 1st 2/3rd of the season minus the 2nd Livingston game. They have the tendencies to go into slumps but also to shoot lights out. Never know what you're going to get.

Edited by SgtBarnes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SgtBarnes said:

Not saying Station Camp or Macon will beat South Side Or Chester at all but they could hang if shots are falling. Macon is better than they were a year ago in 7 AAA and would've competed better in the district of they were still in it. Probably would have still been battling with Stone & Dekalb with a possible upset here or there. Had some drama at the end of the year this year that hurt their record but have rebounded the last 2 games seems like. Played really well the 1st 2/3rd of the season minus the 2nd Livingston game. They have the tendencies to go into slumps but also to shoot lights out. Never know what you're going to get.

Saw they won in OT on a buzzer beater. Some on here will never respect Macon no matter the sport. 

Edited by Khall555

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Well looks like they had their biggest test last night against Creekwood and passed it big time. Chester County is pretty good as well. Dyersbirg looks like they are in stride. South Side with a big win last night. We played Creekwood before Christmas. Pretty good team. 

We shut that high-low down that they love to run! We made that freshman play like a freshman! And I don’t believe we gave up any 3’s. Creek Wood’s #22 is a beast down low. 

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Saw they won in OT on a buzzer beater. Some on here will never respect Macon no matter the sport. 

No disrespect but you know as well as I do that Macon would not have made it out of the district in 7AAA.  Covid year they had the best team and Larry won them a gold ball. They had a great run but no way they come out of 7AAA this year. But that doesn’t matter now. They won their games and deserve what they earn. 

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We shut that high-low down that they love to run! We made that freshman play like a freshman! And I don’t believe we gave up any 3’s. Creek Wood’s #22 is a beast down low. 

Upperman lost an overtime thriller at Creekwood then destroyed them in Baxter. 22 is a load on the block for sure. SS peaking at the right time. I say let’s dance again at the glass house!!

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman lost an overtime thriller at Creekwood then destroyed them in Baxter. 22 is a load on the block for sure. SS peaking at the right time. I say let’s dance again at the glass house!!

Yes sir! Best time of the year! It should be fun. Nobody had us coming back this year after losing three starters. I want say much but with the right “blind draw” look out 

16 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

So good possiblility we see Dyersburg, South Gibson, South Side and Chester County all in Murfreesboro. Interesting. I do think Dyersburg and South Side have a better shot at Upperman and White County personally. South Gibson will be even better next year and year after with all their Jr. High help. South Side and Dyersburg also very young as is Crockett County. Probably a safe bet you will see 3 of the 4 again the next couple of years. 

Edited by pioneer42

White Co still the favorites from this area to win it all. They are extremely hard to guard with the 6’3 post Ava Jones I think is her name as well as Miss Basketball finalist Celeste Reed. I will say that Upperman has upped their game over the past 2 weeks. They are playing lights out on defense and if they shoot the ball like they did against LC they will have a chance to beat WC tonight. We shall see!

• Like 1