AAA Basketball

Tigers615

Dyersburg is the most talented AAA team in the state, and will be again next year. They can book rooms in Murfreesboro now because no one in their region or substate should stop them from getting there. But state championships are never easy and require some bit of luck along the way.

Upperman, Livingston Academy, White Co, Cumberland Co, Creek Wood, David Crockett, and Heritage are all AAA teams that could get challenge Dyersburg in the state tournament

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maddams said:

Dyersburg is the most talented AAA team in the state, and will be again next year. They can book rooms in Murfreesboro now because no one in their region or substate should stop them from getting there. But state championships are never easy and require some bit of luck along the way.

Upperman, Livingston Academy, White Co, Cumberland Co, Creek Wood, David Crockett, and Heritage are all AAA teams that could get challenge Dyersburg in the state tournament

I think South Side and South Gibson are still in the conversation also

34 minutes ago, maddams said:

Great points. And in a one game playoff anything can happen.

26 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

With the addition of South Gibson to District 13AAA, three of the five teams played in state a year ago. Going to be a real gauntlet this season but at the end of the day I won’t be surprised to see the District send two representatives to the ‘boro once again.

10 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Both will be competitive but I don’t think either one has the talent to challenge Dyersburg this year. South Side is rebuilding, playing a lot of young kids. South Gibson lost two starters to knee injuries. However, with McNeal and Embrey, both programs have great coaches. They’ll get better as the year goes and will be tough outs in the postseason

On 12/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, maddams said:

Both will be competitive but I don’t think either one has the talent to challenge Dyersburg this year. South Side is rebuilding, playing a lot of young kids. South Gibson lost two starters to knee injuries. However, with McNeal and Embrey, both programs have great coaches. They’ll get better as the year goes and will be tough outs in the postseason

How long have those coaches been at South Side? Seems like forever. They do a really good job getting those kids to play hard year in and year out. I am surprised they haven't tried to leave or been called to fill some vacancies elsewhere.

11 hours ago, TrickyD said:

If they play as a team yes they are the team to beat but they play a lot of me ball

I said that early in the summer. Are there enough basketballs to go around. Lots of scorers and talent. Crawford put up 23 as a Freshman against us a couple of years ago. The others are big time talents as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:32 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

South Side and South Gibson not what they were last season. Especially South Gibson. I have seen them 3 times and they play hard but injuries have really hurt them. South Side could put it together and make a run. They are figuring out what they need to do without some of those graduates. I have seen them 2 times and they have great pieces.