AAA Basketball

Tigers615

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Side and South Gibson not what they were last season. Especially South Gibson. I have seen them 3 times and they play hard but injuries have really hurt them. South Side could put it together and make a run. They are figuring out what they need to do without some of those graduates. I have seen them 2 times and they have great pieces. 

south side will make it to state again this year.the new alignment help them out removing south gibson but thats not the case for south gibson a harder road to make it to state. but south gibson is going to play hard night in and night out 

5 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Side and South Gibson not what they were last season. Especially South Gibson. I have seen them 3 times and they play hard but injuries have really hurt them. South Side could put it together and make a run. They are figuring out what they need to do without some of those graduates. I have seen them 2 times and they have great pieces. 

South Gibson, Crockett County, Dyer County and Obion will all battle to stay away from Dyersburg. But I will say this. Dyersburg better not overlook Crockett or South Gibson. They both can play on given nights. 

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson, Crockett County, Dyer County and Obion will all battle to stay away from Dyersburg. But I will say this. Dyersburg better not overlook Crockett or South Gibson. They both can play on given nights. 

I'm curious about your insight from Crockett. I haven't seen them play but based on their record/SOS I've had them on the radar. Thought about going to watch them play tonight. 

40 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I'm curious about your insight from Crockett. I haven't seen them play but based on their record/SOS I've had them on the radar. Thought about going to watch them play tonight. 

They have a nice post who uses her body really well and gets good positioning, have a good PG who is athletic and can take it to the rim and shoot it, also got a couple of other shooters as well. Kayla has done a great job with them. They have 23 girls I think. Just don't get rattled either. Pretty solid. 

• Like 1

Crockett beat Gibson Co convincingly. If they can put that together consistently they can make some noise in their district and region. 

12 hours ago, ball21 said:

south side will make it to state again this year.the new alignment help them out removing south gibson but thats not the case for south gibson a harder road to make it to state. but south gibson is going to play hard night in and night out 

South Gibson leaving the district with South Side wouldn't have mattered. South Side is a ways better than South Gibson just like they was last year.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, maddams said:

Both will be competitive but I don’t think either one has the talent to challenge Dyersburg this year. South Side is rebuilding, playing a lot of young kids. South Gibson lost two starters to knee injuries. However, with McNeal and Embrey, both programs have great coaches. They’ll get better as the year goes and will be tough outs in the postseason

My only thought to this is: We don’t rebuild, we reload! See y’all in march! McNeal & company will be ready for the challenge of defending our state championship! 

You’re always on point with your opinion on everyone, but we going to show the state why we are one of the best in state 

22 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Crockett beat Gibson Co convincingly. If they can put that together consistently they can make some noise in their district and region. 

South Gibson leaving the district with South Side wouldn't have mattered. South Side is a ways better than South Gibson just like they was last year.

I have a ton of respect for Southside but I am assuming they had some players out when Huntingdon played them at thanksgiving.  We have played South Gibson twice and even with the two starters out South Gibson looked better than Southside.  

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

My only thought to this is: We don’t rebuild, we reload! See y’all in march! McNeal & company will be ready for the challenge of defending our state championship! 

You’re always on point with your opinion on everyone, but we going to show the state why we are one of the best in state 

I think AAA is wide open. Talent wise I like Dyersbirg but you never know how 15-17 year olds are going to play. HS games go by pretty fast. You come out and miss two or three and the other team hits two or three and it turns into a dogfight. You get a chance to watch White County and Cumberland County this year?? I think that District with Livingston Academy and Upperman might be competition for West TN down the road at state. Going to be interesting. South Side definitely was impressive in the East TN Tournament. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think AAA is wide open. Talent wise I like Dyersbirg but you never know how 15-17 year olds are going to play. HS games go by pretty fast. You come out and miss two or three and the other team hits two or three and it turns into a dogfight. You get a chance to watch White County and Cumberland County this year?? I think that District with Livingston Academy and Upperman might be competition for West TN down the road at state. Going to be interesting. South Side definitely was impressive in the East TN Tournament. 

Yea I definitely understand that any given night them 14-17 year olds will be up & dwn! No I haven’t seen neither WC or Cumberland this year. I also don’t pay much attention to that district either! Without a doubt the best district in the state! But I don’t pay much attention because the 4th place team in the district could very well go & win the state championship! Livingston has probably one of the best players in 3A in Butler that I like watching. Upperman is ok as well, very young but always finds a way to the big game! I have 1) LA 2) White 3) Cumberland 4) Upperman in that district! Only 2 can advance,so more than likely the best team doesn’t never make it out of region play! Now that is tough! All 4 will be in the top 10 this week when the 1st polls come out 

Edited by HawkGuy06

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I definitely understand that any given night them 14-17 year olds will be up & dwn! No I haven’t seen neither WC or Cumberland this year. I also don’t pay much attention to that district either! Without a doubt the best district in the state! But I don’t pay much attention because the 4th place team in the district could very well go & win the state championship! Livingston has probably one of the best players in 3A in Butler that I like watching. Upperman is ok as well, very young but always finds a way to the big game! I have 1) LA 2) White 3) Cumberland 4) Upperman in that district! Only 2 can advance,so more than likely the best team doesn’t never make it out of region play! Now that is tough! All 4 will be in the top 10 this week when the 1st polls come out 

Good analysis, Without a doubt the toughest district in AAA!  You have them ranked how I would and I’ve seen them all play, White County definitely has the potential to be 1 with their talent and Dodgen has them playing really good right now. LA has gotten their PG back and that alone has already has taken some pressure off of Butler and the other younger players. That being said the next 2 years I would not want to play Upperman in any sport and would not be surprised if they upset some people this year in the district and region. 

28 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Good analysis, Without a doubt the toughest district in AAA!  You have them ranked how I would and I’ve seen them all play, White County definitely has the potential to be 1 with their talent and Dodgen has them playing really good right now. LA has gotten their PG back and that alone has already has taken some pressure off of Butler and the other younger players. That being said the next 2 years I would not want to play Upperman in any sport and would not be surprised if they upset some people this year in the district and region. 

White co is rollin!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 1983 said:

I have a ton of respect for Southside but I am assuming they had some players out when Huntingdon played them at thanksgiving.  We have played South Gibson twice and even with the two starters out South Gibson looked better than Southside.  

I have heard that kids were injured and sick early on. Not sure of the case, but what they did in Greeneville lets me know they are better than South Gibson. I caught a little but of some of their games on live and they looked pretty good. From post on Facebook and Twitter, Currie has found her offensive stride to help Askins, and the rest of the team is doing their job to help as well. But, i am bias because I have family and friends out there, so I could be totally wrong.