AAA Basketball

Tigers615

2 minutes ago, Dash said:

This may be covered on a different thread and if so I apologize. I find it interesting that most of the west tn teams are playing each other in the first round. Especially in AAA, where four teams from west tn made the 8 team field and all four are playing each other in the first round. I guess that's coincidence??? 

Four teams within about a 50 to 60 mile radius I may add.

3 hours ago, Dash said:

Four teams within about a 50 to 60 mile radius I may add.

I mean you have 2 upper East Tennessee teams. Greeneville and Cocke County. The rest are Nashville and beyond. Kind of ridiculous they set the bracket before sub state was even played. They’re obviously going to put the two upper east Tennessee teams away from each other on opposite ends of the bracket. So it’s bound to happen with that many teams that far west in the tournament. Like stop feeding us this “blind draw” crap when everyone can see you have a system. Either by regaining matching or whatever it may be. But stop feeding us the blind draw crap 

Edited by GreeneDevil2020
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

I mean you have 2 upper East Tennessee teams. Greeneville and Cocke County. The rest are Nashville and beyond. Kind of ridiculous they set the bracket before sub state was even played. They’re obviously going to put the two upper east Tennessee teams away from each other on opposite ends of the bracket. So it’s bound to happen with that many teams that far west in the tournament.

I understand that they can't be all kept off the same side, but all play one another in the first round? I believe it's that way in AA as well. All that said, you have to prepare and try to beat the opponent that's next up. Goal is to go 3-0 no matter who you play.  I just find it funny that all the far West TN teams in two classes are matched up against each other in the first round is all. 

18 minutes ago, Dash said:

I understand that they can't be all kept off the same side, but all play one another in the first round? I believe it's that way in AA as well. All that said, you have to prepare and try to beat the opponent that's next up. Goal is to go 3-0 no matter who you play.  I just find it funny that all the far West TN teams in two classes are matched up against each other in the first round is all. 

One way or another West TN teams were gonna play each other because of the amount of West TN teams in the tournament. But I do agree you have to prepare the same way to try to go 3-0 no matter who you play. I think they should do a COMPLETELY RANDOM DRAWING on a live stream for EVERYONE to see. I’m from East TN so I 100% believe in the conspiracy that they rig some match ups in some sports haha 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

One way or another West TN teams were gonna play each other because of the amount of West TN teams in the tournament. But I do agree you have to prepare the same way to try to go 3-0 no matter who you play. I think they should do a COMPLETELY RANDOM DRAWING on a live stream for EVERYONE to see. I’m from East TN so I 100% believe in the conspiracy that they rig some match ups in some sports haha 

I totally agree. With the amount of teams, they would have to play each other, but i think the gripe that many are having is that they're all playing first round. There is nothing about that telling me it's blind or random. They are plugging teams in where they want them to be and in my opinion its all about who is going to bring them a crowd to make TSSAA the most money.

Just now, BallIsLife1 said:

I totally agree. With the amount of teams, they would have to play each other, but i think the gripe that many are having is that they're all playing first round. There is nothing about that telling me it's blind or random. They are plugging teams in where they want them to be and in my opinion its all about who is going to bring them a crowd to make TSSAA the most money.

For sure. I’ve been around TSSAA HS sports my whole life and I’ve always been told it’s “a blind draw” but every single year I get more and more evidence like this that proves that it’s not and they just plug teams where they want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dash said:

I agree, because traditionally the teams from West Tennessee, outside of one or two programs are weaker than the ones from the UpperCumberland. I’d much rather play South Gibson or Chester County, then Greenville.  So maybe look at it like at least one of your teams is going to make it to the semi finals.  I promise you White County is better than both of those teams and they are sitting at home. Why is that? I wish they would change up the substate format.  The problem with that is very few of the West Tennessee teams year  in and year out would make it to the glass house under a different format. The flipside to that is on the boys side there would be way more West Tennessee teams there than the rest of the state in division one.  so if I’m you I just take what I get and be thankful. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

42 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

For sure. I’ve been around TSSAA HS sports my whole life and I’ve always been told it’s “a blind draw” but every single year I get more and more evidence like this that proves that it’s not and they just plug teams where they want

Now you’re onto something!  It’s almost like they want to ensure there is diversity and equal representation instead of seeding these teams like they should be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree, because traditionally the teams from West Tennessee, outside of one or two programs are weaker than the ones from the UpperCumberland. I’d much rather play South Gibson or Chester County, then Greenville.  So maybe look at it like at least one of your teams is going to make it to the semi finals.  I promise you White County is better than both of those teams and they are sitting at home. Why is that? I wish they would change up the substate format.  The problem with that is very few of the West Tennessee teams year  in and year out would make it to the glass house under a different format. The flipside to that is on the boys side there would be way more West Tennessee teams there than the rest of the state in division one.  so if I’m you I just take what I get and be thankful. 

I'm just thankful that my team is participating. It is an honor to make whether you go home day 1 or make it to day 3. Just for the teams to be able to experience is an accomplishment in itself. However, that doesn't hide the fact that it looks a little fishy that all the West TN teams are going to knock each other out day one. They may would still be knocked out if it wasn't set like it is but would be much more interesting. 

20 minutes ago, Dash said:

I'm just thankful that my team is participating. It is an honor to make whether you go home day 1 or make it to day 3. Just for the teams to be able to experience is an accomplishment in itself. However, that doesn't hide the fact that it looks a little fishy that all the West TN teams are going to knock each other out day one. They may would still be knocked out if it wasn't set like it is but would be much more interesting. 

You’re guaranteed at least two of them make it to the semi final round which is pretty dang good. 

Edited by UCSportsFan