Who is the BEST in the state???

TheTreyB

Cleveland Raiders are the best team in the state. I guarantee it. It will happen. Watch and see. Cleveland Raiders will win the dual championship this weekend. Summit Spartans have a good team but will finish 3rd in the competition. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Cleveland Raiders are the best team in the state. I guarantee it. It will happen. Watch and see. Cleveland Raiders will win the dual championship this weekend. Summit Spartans have a good team but will finish 3rd in the competition. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Captain's posts are somehow the most on topic AND least helpful comments on this thread. I don't know how it's possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

On a given day Cleveland may very well be the best team in Tennessee.  However, they were fortunate to a beat a very average Father Ryan team.  My guess is that you could take Cleveland, Baylor, Father Ryan and McCallie and any of the four could win on a given day.  We truly don’t have a strong dual team in Tennessee this year.

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

On a given day Cleveland may very well be the best team in Tennessee.  However, they were fortunate to a beat a very average Father Ryan team.  My guess is that you could take Cleveland, Baylor, Father Ryan and McCallie and any of the four could win on a given day.  We truly don’t have a strong dual team in Tennessee this year.

Agree. 

3 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

Speaking of…. How many kids from Baylor are still wrestling in college??? @BobCorker

Not sure why you are asking only about Baylor. Lot of TN prep school kids get college opportunities. Often times to good schools. 

MUS

Ian McGehee

Lakeway

Keyveon Roller- UVA

Colby Dalon- Kent State

Brayden Ivy- West Virginia 

McCallie

Emory Taylor- Pittsburgh

Gavin Cagel – UVA

Alex Whitworth- Harvard

Baylor

Nick Corday- Michigan State

David Harper- UTC

Gunnar Garriques- UChicago

Mason Reiniche- Oregon State

Andrew Pace- Harvard

Mason Alley- Indiana

Jackson Bond- Reinhardt

Omaury Alvarez- North Carolina

Christian Brothers

Gervacio Gonzalez - Navy 

Garrett Bowers- Air Force

Aidan Bowers- NYU

Wills Bronson - John Carroll

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobCorker said:

Not sure why you are asking only about Baylor. Lot of TN prep school kids get college opportunities. Often times to good schools. 

MUS

Ian McGehee

Lakeway

Keyveon Roller- UVA

Colby Dalon- Kent State

Brayden Ivy- West Virginia 

McCallie

Emory Taylor- Pittsburgh

Gavin Cagel – UVA

Alex Whitworth- Harvard

Baylor

Nick Corday- Michigan State

David Harper- UTC

Gunnar Garriques- UChicago

Mason Reiniche- Oregon State

Andrew Pace- Harvard

Mason Alley- Indiana

Jackson Bond- Reinhardt

Omaury Alvarez- North Carolina

Christian Brothers

Gervacio Gonzalez - Navy 

Garrett Bowers- Air Force

Aidan Bowers- NYU

Wills Bronson - John Carroll

Ivey and dalon quit. I’m talking currently 

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

Ivey and dalon quit. I’m talking currently 

As a former college (D1) wrestler I can assure you that plenty quit and the reasons are from everything like “I just don’t like the sport anymore” to they have had multiple injuries and can’t stay health.  Never, ever criticize a kid for deciding to give up the great sport of wrestling as it can be for numerous reasons.  Very few kids ever reach the podium like Philip Simpson or Jordan Leen.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, cbg said:

As a former college (D1) wrestler I can assure you that plenty quit and the reasons are from everything like “I just don’t like the sport anymore” to they have had multiple injuries and can’t stay health.  Never, ever criticize a kid for deciding to give up the great sport of wrestling as it can be for numerous reasons.  Very few kids ever reach the podium like Philip Simpson or Jordan Leen.  

Oh heck nobody is criticizing them. I asked a simple question about CURRENTLY wrestling in college. Bob can’t follow along.