Who is the BEST in the state???

TheTreyB

8 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

We don’t care if you believe us or not. LOL

I've gotten first hand accounts of them attempting to recruit kids from other schools. I'm not going to name names, but they went after some very high level kids when they were younger. Literally have a couple parents texting me right now telling me about when they were approached while at camps. 

Just know, you can put as many emojis in your responses as you want. We all know whats actually going on. The fact you're the only person from the program attempting to defend it should be a sign. 

9 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

The Blue chickens. Hahahaha that is 6x consecutive state champs to you son!! 

Sweet the 6 time consecutive Public school state champ Cleveland Blue Chickens just rolls off the tongue, dang we need to get some shirts made! 

Edited by cobrakid8

3 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I've gotten first hand accounts of them attempting to recruit kids from other schools. I'm not going to name names, but they went after some very high level kids when they were younger. Literally have a couple parents texting me right now telling me about when they were approached while at camps. 

Just know, you can put as many emojis in your responses as you want. We all know whats actually going on. The fact you're the only person from the program attempting to defend it should be a sign. 

I’m sure you do… hahaha

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sweet the 6 time consecutive Public school state champ Cleveland Blue Chickens just rolls off the tongue, dang we need to get some shirts made! 

They sold out of them. I can get u one though if u would like. Have a YXS left. Swing by THE JONES CENTER where Champs are MADE

25 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Don't you have a job or something? Spending this much time on this website cannot be good for your health. 

Yep. Just got back last night from traveling. Just think of the others that can’t stop coming back to my thread. Hahaha

I have tried to follow this thread--but it is not easy. A couple of you don't like each other--I get that.   

So, did anyone ever settle the point as to whether Baylor really ducked out of a dual with Cleveland?  

If so, is this typical? I know Cleveland is strong--but do schools like Baylor (or McCallie) really hide from Cleveland in wrestling? 

14 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

I have tried to follow this thread--but it is not easy. A couple of you don't like each other--I get that.   

So, did anyone ever settle the point as to whether Baylor really ducked out of a dual with Cleveland?  

If so, is this typical? I know Cleveland is strong--but do schools like Baylor (or McCallie) really hide from Cleveland in wrestling? 

I don’t dislike TreyBandwagon, heck I’d buy him a beer I’m sure if I met him, don’t have no ill will to them either. But it’s been proven that Rex the coach at Baylor offered Joey the coach at Cleveland a 10 year home and away series(just like most football teams do) and Joey turned him down and said he would only schedule them when it was to their benefit.  At that point Rex said, alright well don’t worry about ever getting a series started with us.  A while later is when Joey asked for Baylor to come to Cleveland to wrestle in the Cleveland duals which is a money maker for the program and with Baylor there would pack that place out!  Rex never answered because he was done with Joey and Cleveland after being told no thanks to a series that was home and away.  After the Cleveland duals offer which has been Cleveland’s MO for years now that I’ve heard from other coaches in that they always want you to travel to them, they offered another dual to Baylor which again was ignored by Rex!   

in the end it boils down to Cleveland only wants things on their time, they want you to come to them so they have home mat advantage and they also make the money off it. If not they aren’t interested in it! So Cleveland ducked Baylor until it was to their advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I don’t dislike TreyBandwagon, heck I’d buy him a beer I’m sure if I met him, don’t have no ill will to them either. But it’s been proven that Rex the coach at Baylor offered Joey the coach at Cleveland a 10 year home and away series(just like most football teams do) and Joey turned him down and said he would only schedule them when it was to their benefit.  At that point Rex said, alright well don’t worry about ever getting a series started with us.  A while later is when Joey asked for Baylor to come to Cleveland to wrestle in the Cleveland duals which is a money maker for the program and with Baylor there would pack that place out!  Rex never answered because he was done with Joey and Cleveland after being told no thanks to a series that was home and away.  After the Cleveland duals offer which has been Cleveland’s MO for years now that I’ve heard from other coaches in that they always want you to travel to them, they offered another dual to Baylor which again was ignored by Rex!   

in the end it boils down to Cleveland only wants things on their time, they want you to come to them so they have home mat advantage and they also make the money off it. If not they aren’t interested in it! So Cleveland ducked Baylor until it was to their advantage. 

Thanks for the response.  

I can see how both sides can find fault with the other with that background.  It could be a matter of principle for Baylor (after the rejection of the home and away offer).  And, if I am Cleveland's coach, I may want to only wrestle Baylor when I know my team is better and/or I can get all the money. 

Serious question, if Baylor traveled to Cleveland, how would the official(s) be appointed?    I would think the answer to that question would significantly impact the outcome.  

4 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

Thanks for the response.  

I can see how both sides can find fault with the other with that background.  It could be a matter of principle for Baylor (after the rejection of the home and away offer).  And, if I am Cleveland's coach, I may want to only wrestle Baylor when I know my team is better and/or I can get all the money. 

Serious question, if Baylor traveled to Cleveland, how would the official(s) be appointed?    I would think the answer to that question would significantly impact the outcome.  

Usually an assignor takes that out of the pool of referees available for the particular night of the event. So it’s not usually any home cooking or anything like that, but they will usually assign someone that has been around a while to do those matches. 

5 hours ago, Whoweft said:

Rex is dodging Knox for a reason. And knowing he would get beat this year and Cleveland will be stronger next year than this. Baylor is smart but Knox would wrestle Baylor anywhere. I know now for sure Rex WILL NOT want a dual with Cleveland after what I know now as of today. ;)