Who is the BEST in the state???

TheTreyB

16 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Doesn’t Soddy have 2 coming back from that same Tulsa Nationals with being AA’s?   As far as they won the last dual match, yep that happened, but why didn’t they take Rex up on the offer to sign a home and away for the foreseeable future so they could prove they were the best?

also is Cooper originally from Cleveland? That was a question that wasn’t answered and the being 20 was a joke so hopefully I didn’t offend with that, he’s just been a stud for so long it seems he’s been around for 16 years as a top prospect, but is he originally from Cleveland because I swear he was from East TN?  And yes the same could be said with it going wrong with Baylor also, HOWEVER since you can’t make up a IF scenario you have to go head 2 head and with that Cleveland most likely wins this match. Would be a fun matchup for sure, I think if the agreement would have taken place when Rex offered it would have been at Baylor this year, but alas it’s not going to happen. Also, again I dislike private schools, heck they have 2 of my favorites wrestling at McCallie right now instead of 1 starting at Soddy and the other being there next year, would have been great to have had them on Soddy’s team to make them even tougher but crap happens and people make the choice they think is best for their kid. 

Soddy has one returning with the AA and yes he is a stud. He was at HCWC for a bit at the start. He dominated this weekend in Tulsa.

Soddy HS is gonna win state duals this year for small school, would be shocked if they didn’t win.

8 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

Soddy has one returning with the AA and yes he is a stud. He was at HCWC for a bit at the start. He dominated this weekend in Tulsa.

Soddy HS is gonna win state duals this year for small school, would be shocked if they didn’t win.

Yeah, I see a kid that traveled with them was the other AA besides Kalix.

yes they should win small school state

Edited by cobrakid8

6 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Yeah, I see a kid that traveled with them was the other AA besides Kalix.

yes they should win small school state

Nobody will compete with Soddy in small school. Their lineup is deep and Ulric is doing a great job rebuilding that program.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, KidGloves said:

And that might be fair. I’m not arguing who’s right and who’s wrong. I am saying that you shouldn’t pretend that your program hadn’t been the beneficiary of getting kids to move in, the same as Baylor, McCallie, Ryan, or whoever else you’d care to list. Call a spade a spade. It’s part of the game, and everyone is aware of it. 

Like Kel said, kids moving in MS or before is one thing. They are getting trained by Bosken and then on to Knox. Baylor recruits legally and still gets beat by Cleveland. But I get your point. 

Edited by TheTreyB

40 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

Yeah. Bosken has two AA’s as well and should have had a couple more to medal. That’s a tough tourney to even place let alone win or top 3. 

2 hours ago, Kell16 said:

You’re basing this off worst case scenarios for Cleveland. I saw earlier the matchups giving Baylor both Fowlers and toss up with Bond/Walker and it was 34-31 Cleveland. That’s where flexibility comes in at 190 for Cleveland. Syzmborski pins at either weight (most likely). Then the match is decided with Moore for Cleveland. Even if Baylor wins a close match, that should be an embarrassment. Baylor should be expected to destroy any public school in the state with ease and you cannot say they 100% would with Cleveland. Let’s look at 2021 at lake Norman duals, Cleveland “should” have lost and they didn’t! Baylor just robbed Dobyns Bennett with the Norman’s. Where is Baylor without them? If Baylor was on Cleveland’s schedule who is to say cooper Hilton wouldn’t have gotten certified to wrestle then since he lives in the city limits of Cleveland. Regardless Cleveland has done way more with less than Baylor and continues to do so thanks to Knox and Bosken.

Let’s not act as if Cleveland doesn’t have their own transfers in that impact their lineup.