Who is the BEST in the state???

TheTreyB

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

Laughable. Saying HCWC doesn’t work harder is insane. Advanced kids wrestle year around so yeah they outwork everyone. Sorry you wasn’t able to stick around and be part of it but it’s not for all kids. Just a fraction make it. Keep hating and falling back on the money excuse you do but I know exactly how much is paid. Just like I knew about the txt Rex didn’t respond to. When u thought I was lying about. U big dofus ;)

I’ve been in both clubs which is more than you can say I would be willing to BET! SD works just as hard if not harder, sadly they don’t have a rich benefactor like HCWC and Cleveland does.

I set your but up and you took the bait because I knew exactly what happened, that Cleveland and Joey Knox were to scared to take the home and away that was offered and would only do things if they got their way! Rex told them to pound sand about ever scheduling Baylor and so they talked about everything but scheduling until Joey thought he would pull a fast one and have them come to Cleveland duals which of course is at Cleveland and when not responded to that offer to have a dual without stating the place it would happen at. All that after Joey ducked Rex and Baylor to begin with!  Quack quack, we have a duck and that is Cleveland. Take the L and move on! Maybe I should get shirts made and sell them and have them at the state duals. Good luck to your 2nd best team in the state the Cleveland Blue Raiders! 

6 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

The programs best wrestler and her two brothers are transfers from the Blackman area lol. Who cares when?

I guess he doesn’t count anything before age 12 because it’s not like the foundations of wrestling can be learned before that age lol!  I mean why even start wrestling before that age, I mean it seems that both Kell and Bandwagon don’t think it really matters to start at that age.

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I guess he doesn’t count anything before age 12 because it’s not like the foundations of wrestling can be learned before that age lol!  I mean why even start wrestling before that age, I mean it seems that both Kell and Bandwagon don’t think it really matters to start at that age.

So I'm wrong? The Fowlers didnt move from Blackman to Cleveland?

40 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So I'm wrong? The Fowlers didnt move from Blackman to Cleveland?

No, I’m saying TreyBandwagon and Kell only count kids once they turn 12, so although they started and lived in Murfreesboro and Blackman before moving to Cleveland. Nothing counts at all to them until middle and high school. Come on get on the same page lol

I will say though, when you have grown a good program or elite in their case, they recruit without saying they recruit, it's just unlike with private schools they recruit without having to offer a free education because except for tax dollars its free already! Instead they can give incentives like making sure when you move that you have a job waiting for you, also a job that allows you to take plenty of time off to travel and other incentives like that. However recruiting to good wrestling programs for public schools has been happening forever. I mean poor Red Bank back in the day got raided, they lost Shawn Cordell and Casey Cothron to Bradley, they lost Rabbit Turner and both Ward brothers to my Soddy Daisy. It's why I hold in high regard some of these guys that stay with their programs when they won't have the same kind of wrestling room they would if they had transferred to a private school or to another public school like Cleveland. Kids like Atwood who barely have a team around them but are still studs and stick with it or kids like Mason Jakob who could have easily transferred out from DB like the Normans did. Or kids like the Uhorchuk's that stick with a small school like Signal when they already traveled to HCWC for club wrestling and I am sure easily could have found a house, job and anything else over in the Cleveland area to make themselves right at home and wrestling for Cleveland. 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

The programs best wrestler and her two brothers are transfers from the Blackman area lol. Who cares when?

That family chose to come to Cleveland because they saw what Bosken had done with the youth and program and loved to wrestle for Knox. There is a difference between recruiting and a family making a decision to come wrestle because it will benefit their children. If you think the Fowlers showed up and magically Cleveland got good you don’t follow the sport.

The fowlers have been here 5 years, since then have:

8 teams state titles
4 indv state championships
2 NHSCA national titles
Fargo title
Super 32 title
World Championship

They were good, but logan never even won a ms state championship

Piper has always been phenomenal, but won 17U worlds as a 16 yr old. 

You wanna scream recruiting, well we don’t have to the PROGRAM SELLS ITSELF!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

Clearly I believe in the youth development or I wouldn’t brag on what Bosken has done with the youth but if a kid moves as a 11yr old to a program so they can grow their skills and become great that’s not recruiting. That’s a family seeing a great program and wanting to be a part of that. Recruiting is calling the Norman’s and saying come here and win a state title with 14 other kids that have no ties to that school. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

That family chose to come to Cleveland because they saw what Bosken had done with the youth and program and loved to wrestle for Knox. There is a difference between recruiting and a family making a decision to come wrestle because it will benefit their children. If you think the Fowlers showed up and magically Cleveland got good you don’t follow the sport.

The fowlers have been here 5 years, since then have:

8 teams state titles
4 indv state championships
2 NHSCA national titles
Fargo title
Super 32 title
World Championship

They were good, but logan never even won a ms state championship

Piper has always been phenomenal, but won 17U worlds as a 16 yr old. 

You wanna scream recruiting, well we don’t have to the PROGRAM SELLS ITSELF!!!! 

Nobody "screamed recruting". Nobody even mentioned recruting..but you did..hmmm

All we said was transfers. Maybe all your insecurities let out the secret.

26 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

Clearly I believe in the youth development or I wouldn’t brag on what Bosken has done with the youth but if a kid moves as a 11yr old to a program so they can grow their skills and become great that’s not recruiting. That’s a family seeing a great program and wanting to be a part of that. Recruiting is calling the Norman’s and saying come here and win a state title with 14 other kids that have no ties to that school. 

Call it whatever you want, BUT private school recruiting is the same thing! They came there because they saw what Bosken was doing with the program but they also had conversations with Bosken AND Joey Knox about moving there! You don't just happen to move hours away in the same state on a whim! They had talked to Bosken and Knox and wanted to join the program, you can call it whatever you want but they made the best decision for their kids, THE SAME as any parent does when they move their kid to a private school AND the fact that its not academics but Wrestling IS RECRUITING, because Cleveland is not known for their school excellence as a matter of fact they are rated one of the worst public high schools in the state(FAR behind Walker Valley and even Bradley) while Blackman and most others are not! So yes its recruiting, they have talked to the coaches and moved to the area, you can call it whatever else you want, but that is recruiting! 

Also, go ahead and take a look at the jobs of some of those that moved into the county(a county with a pretty high unemployment rate by the way). It's much easier to move to an area for that wrestling when you don't have to worry about a job and housing.

Edited by cobrakid8

4 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

Since several of you all seem to be tight with Knox, can you go ahead and coordinate a Home/Away dual with McCallie for the next 4 years? Needs to be in January so that our football guys can actually wrestle. Win or lose, that one could be a fun one for awhile

are you willing to do a away only 4 years, because that's the only way it would work is you travel to Cleveland duals for those 4 years AND travel to Jones during the season for the actual dual itself, you willing to do that, if so I'm sure they will listen LOL