Who is the BEST in the state???

TheTreyB

2 minutes ago, KidGloves said:

There are quite a few kids that Bosken has developed, but there’s also quite a few that moved to the area. All the Fowlers started in the Mid-state, Syzborski or however you spell it was in the mid-state, Kellen Sanders, a 4x 8th grader was a mid-state kid, mattox high was a GA kid, the Shufts moved from CA, etc etc etc, so while he’s developed quite a few kids, calling Baylor out for nabbing kids from other programs is a bit of the kettle calling the pot black, no? 

Roller from Knoxville, Cainan Williams came to them from North Carolina before defecting to McCallie. The list goes on and on. 

4 minutes ago, KidGloves said:

There are quite a few kids that Bosken has developed, but there’s also quite a few that moved to the area. All the Fowlers started in the Mid-state, Syzborski or however you spell it was in the mid-state, Kellen Sanders, a 4x 8th grader was a mid-state kid, mattox high was a GA kid, the Shufts moved from CA, etc etc etc, so while he’s developed quite a few kids, calling Baylor out for nabbing kids from other programs is a bit of the kettle calling the pot black, no? 

Name the kids that moved in HS???? Now name the kids that came to Cleveland under the age of 12?????

Just now, KidGloves said:

Nahh. It doesn’t matter. 

You mean that a kid develops before the age of 12 into the HS wrestler he will be??? And DB would have been and still might be the 2nd best team in public school. No hate on DB from me. Def would have been with the Normans staying. Mason Jakob is a freaking stud and a great kid so no hate there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KidGloves said:

They’ve even got a GA kid named Davison that is a Teknique kid wrestling under them now too. 

I’m deeply ingrained in HCWC and have never seen or heard of the Davison kid. Maybe im

missing something there but just because a kid uses HCWC name in a tournament doesn’t mean he is contributing to Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

I’m deeply ingrained in HCWC and have never seen or heard of the Davison kid. Maybe im

missing something there but just because a kid uses HCWC name in a tournament doesn’t mean he is contributing to Cleveland.

Fair about using the HCWC name but he was a state finalist two years ago for y’all at Junior 112, the same year he was a GA state finalist for Teknique. 

Could’ve been an Independent that they slapped the HCWC label onto for points since I don’t believe youth can wrestle at state as an independent…but then again I don’t believe they’re supposed to be able to wrestle in another states State Championship AND the TN State championship, but I’ll admit that might’ve changed. 

47 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

Would you like me to name all the kids on Cleveland’s lineup that have been in the program since MS? What Baylor kids are Baylor MS kids? There is no excuse from Cleveland, last I checked Cleveland won the latest dual matchup vs Baylor. Cleveland has built kids up from youth. If you know anything about Bosken and his your wrestlers he has two kids (who are and will be in Cleveland city schools all the way thru) heading back from Tulsa NATIONALS right now with top 3 finishes. That means top 3 in the COUNTRY. Those are the kinds of kids Cleveland is built around and still competes with and beats (2021) Baylor.

to your first paragraph, I stated I knew what Cleveland could do. Exactly what your saying about Cleveland plan going out the window could very easily go out the window for Baylor.

Doesn’t Soddy have 2 coming back from that same Tulsa Nationals with being AA’s?   As far as they won the last dual match, yep that happened, but why didn’t they take Rex up on the offer to sign a home and away for the foreseeable future so they could prove they were the best?

also is Cooper originally from Cleveland? That was a question that wasn’t answered and the being 20 was a joke so hopefully I didn’t offend with that, he’s just been a stud for so long it seems he’s been around for 16 years as a top prospect, but is he originally from Cleveland because I swear he was from East TN?  And yes the same could be said with it going wrong with Baylor also, HOWEVER since you can’t make up a IF scenario you have to go head 2 head and with that Cleveland most likely wins this match. Would be a fun matchup for sure, I think if the agreement would have taken place when Rex offered it would have been at Baylor this year, but alas it’s not going to happen. Also, again I dislike private schools, heck they have 2 of my favorites wrestling at McCallie right now instead of 1 starting at Soddy and the other being there next year, would have been great to have had them on Soddy’s team to make them even tougher but crap happens and people make the choice they think is best for their kid. 

Edited by cobrakid8

36 minutes ago, KidGloves said:

15 years

14 years in the finals
9 State championships

You dont do that by recruiting lol

3 kids that wrestled for Cleveland hs team were mentioned  

2 of them have been here for 6 years and wrestled ms for us lol 

15 years x 14 varsity wrestlers =210 wrestlers

I think our ratio is a little better than Baylor

Edited by TheTreyB

Just now, TheTreyB said:

They mentioned 3 kids thst have wrestled for cleveland's hs

2 of them have been here for 6 years and wrestled ms for us lol 

15 years x 14 varsity wrestlers =210 wrestlers

I think our ratio is a little better than Baylor

And that might be fair. I’m not arguing who’s right and who’s wrong. I am saying that you shouldn’t pretend that your program hadn’t been the beneficiary of getting kids to move in, the same as Baylor, McCallie, Ryan, or whoever else you’d care to list. Call a spade a spade. It’s part of the game, and everyone is aware of it. 

• Upvote 1