ATM...The Bobcat Way

Something is certainly awry at McNairy Central; I say this due to the fact that the administration has yet again forced another coach to resign. Oddly enough, the former coach was McNairy graduate. 

Here is what i have and for those that care feel free to add more:

Coach Johnson had player buy-in, had coach buy-in, and most importantly went about things the correct way. 

McNairy has had FIVE coaches since 2009 and those records are as follows...

Coach Glover 09-11 and won 8 lost 22. Coach Dampeer 12-13 and won 5 lost 15. Coach Hodge 14-15 won 6 lost 14. Coach Franks 16-20 won 29 lost 24 (Franks is now AD and Baseball coach). Coach Johnson 21-23 won 4 lost 23. 

Looking at the stats coach Johnson is right on track with McNairy's ability (which will always be par to sub par that is right folks i said it come at me). It is important to note that Coach Franks saw collectively more talent than they have had for some time and still under achieved. Performance issues happen to one out of every 3 men. Get some BlueChew and liven things up. 

From all the information i have gathered, Coach Johnson was never given a fair shake. The man never had full control of his staff. I have ascertained that Principal and AD had closed door meetings with players and never mentioned this to the man in the seat. AD Coach Franks told players NOT to play football and focus only on BASEBALL. Rather than give a coach on staff a full time job they selected an unlicensed teacher with an ONLYFANS. Coach Johnson did not have full reign of his staff because two of the coaches were untouchable and could not be fired. Rumors circulated that the princiPAL and AD would talk so trash about the football staff that they had to hire a third party hazmat team to clean up after them. As Uncle Eddie says, "pooper's full Clark."

I write this to ask the question, "When will the AXIS of EVIL be held accountable?" I would also ask, "WHO the hades wants to work somewhere you are not supported?"

If you thought dinner was served and ready then you obviously have never had my uncle's brisket and I must tell you that it is to die. Now like my uncle he likes to tease and antagonize your senses with a few different appetizers so here is some more food for thought before the main course...

Caught wind today that the princiPAL takes a cut of the football fund money. Now if you were to ask me what this fine patriot does with it i am shooooo i don't know. All the kool CATS inform me that it is to buy snacks for the vending machines in the school. Here is the kicker...What does our loving princiPAL do with the proceeds from said vending machines? As Rick Ross says, "DM my accountant. He knows how to count it." MMMM can you taste that flavor? Kind of has a kick to it doesn't it?

Coach Johnson had player buy-in, had coach buy-in

Coach Johnson 21-23 won 4 lost 23

Um, any sport at any school, a 3 year run of 4-23 would never support the player buy-in bit. Nope. Followed that with paragraphs of mostly gibberish on how the Principal, AD & coaches neither supported nor were truthful, yet they bought in? What??

Wes Johnson is a good guy. Loves the kids & football to his core. But, he also rose to the head coaching ranks far too fast. He should have spent more time as an assistant learning the ropes of how to manage all things that encompass a HS program. It's a very hard job to balance with help, much less when unprepared, unseasoned & undermined. I wish him & his family the best wherever this change leads them.

So if he was unprepared, unseasoned, and undermined, why was he hired? As an outsider, this sounds like the ones who hired a coach like this should have their jobs on the chopping block as well. But we all know high schools athletics do not work that way. 

So who will Mcnairy go after? And looking at those records of the last decade +, who would want that job? 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:20 PM, SpottedGoat said:

Um, any sport at any school, a 3 year run of 4-23 would never support the player buy-in bit. Nope. Followed that with paragraphs of mostly gibberish on how the Principal, AD & coaches neither supported nor were truthful, yet they bought in? What??

Wes Johnson is a good guy. Loves the kids & football to his core. But, he also rose to the head coaching ranks far too fast. He should have spent more time as an assistant learning the ropes of how to manage all things that encompass a HS program. It's a very hard job to balance with help, much less when unprepared, unseasoned & undermined. I wish him & his family the best wherever this change leads them.

My man, my rotten sack of potatoes...when i speak/type it's not gibberish. That's right I have more analytical prowess in my fingernails than you have in your being. So address me with respect and I shall do the same with you. 

I do not know of a soul that would venture to say that 4-23 is a good record. I never said it was a good record. And in fact if you look I stated that all of said coaches UNDERACHIEVED while they were HC. Have you ever started a project and realized, "I do not have all the tools I need to pull this off."? That is what every single HC at McNairy is looking at. You know what a coach needs when they are already at a lesser school? You need full autonomy to perform. Coach Johnson did not have that because he could not bring in his staff. You also need an Admin that will take the blows with you and Coach Johnson did not have that. Now, most importantly, to win you need HORSES IN STABLES and Selmer, McNairy Co does not have HORSES. I've stated in a different thread that the sad truth of McNairy is that you are coaching young adolescents and turning them into good to do men. Coach Johnson is a great candidate of that as you just said. 

12 hours ago, GregoryMartin said:

My man, my rotten sack of potatoes...when i speak/type it's not gibberish. That's right I have more analytical prowess in my fingernails than you have in your being. So address me with respect and I shall do the same with you. 

I do not know of a soul that would venture to say that 4-23 is a good record. I never said it was a good record. And in fact if you look I stated that all of said coaches UNDERACHIEVED while they were HC. Have you ever started a project and realized, "I do not have all the tools I need to pull this off."? That is what every single HC at McNairy is looking at. You know what a coach needs when they are already at a lesser school? You need full autonomy to perform. Coach Johnson did not have that because he could not bring in his staff. You also need an Admin that will take the blows with you and Coach Johnson did not have that. Now, most importantly, to win you need HORSES IN STABLES and Selmer, McNairy Co does not have HORSES. I've stated in a different thread that the sad truth of McNairy is that you are coaching young adolescents and turning them into good to do men. Coach Johnson is a great candidate of that as you just said. 

Probably all true. Especially pertaining to how much unity it takes from everyone for a program to get on the right path & stay on it through the thick & thin. Coaching and the associated management  are very important, but lets put all that aside. Just for conversation sake; why would McNairy not have kids that could play? Showing 698 kid's at school from the last Classification, should be plenty to pick from, right? Is basketball king there? Being a school that size, do they offer SO many different things (sports, organizations, programs, ???) that it spreads the kids thin in football? 

4 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Probably all true. Especially pertaining to how much unity it takes from everyone for a program to get on the right path & stay on it through the thick & thin. Coaching and the associated management  are very important, but let’s put all that aside. Just for conversation sake; why would McNairy not have kids that could play? Showing 698 kid's at school from the last Classification, should be plenty to pick from, right? Is basketball king there? Being a school that size, do they offer SO many different things (sports, organizations, programs, ???) that it spreads the kids thin in football? 

Male athletes are few    It’s been a dry spell for awhile.   I know there are freshmen who are playing baseball that played basketball and football in middle school but are only playing baseball this year.  Without administrator support it is impossible to run a program.  Not being able to hire assistants you want is a huge problem 

Hiring Franks as AD was a huge mistake.  Had no experience with admin and don’t think he had a teaching license when first hired.  He took the HC position in football when he did because he knew the talent level coming was going to be the best through there in a long time.  He also got out when the cupboard was getting thin. This is a tough job and it will be difficult to hire an experienced coach 

Edited by Bobcats83
Spelling

Friends, countrymen, lend me your ears for I bring you information of the utmost insignificance (because McNairy blowsss)... the superintendent was calling members of the community with the aspiration that he could dilute the support for the former head coach.  

1.) We have roughly 10 applicants. (I prefer to call them masochists due to they must desire hurting themselves to work here)

2.) On the search committee is a random parent of a current athlete. This parent is not on the board, or any county commission for that matter...

4.) McNairy has created this fallacious committee and given final authorization and approval to the superintendent because AD has washed his (gender fluid) hands of the situation to avoid being the bad guy. This man is a snake in the grass so grab your weed eater.

3.) McNairy will now be in 4A. This means what was bad, just got worse! Amen and Amen. 

I have to refer to the great boxer Clubber Lang for McNairy's future. "Prediction??? PAIN."

Edited by GregoryMartin
adding information

On 1/23/2024 at 4:20 PM, SpottedGoat said:

Winning a state championship means you rose too quickly? yahhhh okay buddy… Lamar Aldridge won a state title at Tupelo then came to mcnairy and looked mid until he got generational talent there… David Wilkerson was OC the yeah dampeer resigned… I guess one of the best OC in the state was god awful and that’s why they went 3-7 that year… coaching isn’t always a problem… players not wanting to do things and cry when the coach tells them no McDonalds before the game are the bigger issue. 

• 2 weeks later...