ATM...The Bobcat Way

1 hour ago, WestTennRaider said:

Congrats Coach Truett. All of us that wear the purple are glad we don't have to compete against him next year.

I am hearing some rumblings that some powers that be wanted another guy hired and one person wouldn't give him the opportunity. Any truth to that?

Could be:roll:.

On 2/20/2024 at 8:45 AM, FtBallTimeInTN said:

@GregoryMartin You seem like someone close to the situation, a person in the know, with these little tidbits of information. I'd guess you have a vested interest in who gets the job and would desire McNairy Football to achieve much, much more than the past decade or more. Maybe not, could be you're for the competition and enjoying the chaos, however, I doubt it! And as they say, attitude reflects leadership - I agree with you that the powers that be are at the core of this current situation. Usually, I'm amused at your rantings, however, being someone who doesn't have the power to hire/fire said persons or coaches (if you do....you're probably part of the problem :D ) it also looks bad that you'd bash these poor souls who are interested in coming to a place in such disarray. Yes, fans are entitled to their opinions, but when you have "manure" to offer (not speaking about the kids, just the situation) you're not going to get the creme de la creme until those things are fixed. Also, I'm not saying these candidates are not good coaches or people - I'm saying that as a fan you may not get the sexy hire but at least someone who is capable and can right the ship.

This is one response I can get behind. I have a vested interest in the sense I want the best hand put forward for the kids. McNairy still operates on the good ol boy system like many other rural towns. It is an issue that school systems have faced for a long long time and the ones that sacrifice the most are the kids.

As for bashing these poor souls that want to come here my response is this... McNairy is an intermediary school. They are not coming there to "right" a ship. They are coming there to have a HC title. Coaches that actually reside there and give a hoot I would argue different, but if you do not live in Selmer you aren't coming there because you love it. I have already expressed the best thing for McNairy is having a hire that is willing to have an sub par record, but focuses on building kids into young good to do men. Keep following more to come. 

On 2/21/2024 at 8:25 AM, SpottedGoat said:

So Wes Johnson has landed a gig at Westview as an assistant while McNairy is still searching for answers? Hhmmmmm....

That is usually what happens when you leave as head coach? You have to go get another job lol Ol big brain over here.

Good morning Bobcats. I would apologize for the silence over the net as of late, but "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a dang." 

News got broke this past week about the FINE hire for you guys decided to invite into the hot seat. This post we will break down Coach Truett. As always, I look forward to your scholarly responses. 

Coach Truett at South Gibson was a DC on title alone. Now, for those of you that do not know the meaning...He was there to fill a seat and not make gameplay decisions. 

Last season, Truett was the QB coach at Trenton last season. Anddddd after two weeks was demoted to JV coach only. The best part of all this nonsense is that the man is spreading tall tales that McNairy will be a 1 or 2 seed this season in playoffs. "You don't go writting hot checks down in Mississippi, and there ain't no good chain gang." 

So my verdict is that Truett is a good guy in the sense he is a decent human being. I know the people he has worked beside and can't say anything bad about him. He will help kids go on to be good to do men. He will not however put forth a winning season. I cannot stress this enough. Losings games is mostly due to the players they are lining up against. I give him about 3 years and then he will either be sick of the administration or the admin will be trying to backdoor him. I could be wrong, hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gather round gather round...my my my. I can't help but wonder what the nincompoops are going to do with all this poop. I must say that I absolutely disdain the administration that McNairy co has. Gutless is a complement compared to the words I would use. 

Most concerning topic is that the amount of fights occurring at school. Two years ago roughly 9 fights. This year we are now touching upper 50s. Breaking down that number (number of fights/number of days in school) 9/180 = .05 so 5% of the time there is a fight.  60/180= .3333 so 33% percent of the time or (1/3 of the year) there is a fight. This is an issue. McNairy Co is not a school where that should be a reality. The only people you can fault here are parents and admin. With these buffoons leading your ship that number will only get worse. 

The non athletic director Franks is so happy with the HC hire that he is already sharing his opinion on the matter. I mean what a guy this is. Walks the halls with a smile, tells everyone we found our guy. However, within 1 week of the new hire is already telling people we did not hire "his" guy. He wanted a candidate out of Bville, MS. "Gordon, what was the name you guys had for me when I was in Internal Affairs?" Two-Face 

The Super Intendent for McNairy co has a son. He is the HC at Adamsville for basketball. I believe it is worth noting that he won 3-23 games his first year and has only won 2 games this year. To the best of my investigating..."He is doing a fine job. Just needs a few more pieces and they will start winning games." I don't think he is incorrect. I think one of the pieces would be a new coach.  

All this to say, I believe in a word called capacity. Capacity has definition that says, "The amount that something can produce." I believe that the men pulling the strings at McNairy Co bear small capacity and will continue to lessen the product they are supposedly in charge of until someone changes that dynamic. 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:28 PM, GregoryMartin said:

Gather round gather round...my my my. I can't help but wonder what the nincompoops are going to do with all this poop. I must say that I absolutely disdain the administration that McNairy co has. Gutless is a complement compared to the words I would use. 

Most concerning topic is that the amount of fights occurring at school. Two years ago roughly 9 fights. This year we are now touching upper 50s. Breaking down that number (number of fights/number of days in school) 9/180 = .05 so 5% of the time there is a fight.  60/180= .3333 so 33% percent of the time or (1/3 of the year) there is a fight. This is an issue. McNairy Co is not a school where that should be a reality. The only people you can fault here are parents and admin. With these buffoons leading your ship that number will only get worse. 

The non athletic director Franks is so happy with the HC hire that he is already sharing his opinion on the matter. I mean what a guy this is. Walks the halls with a smile, tells everyone we found our guy. However, within 1 week of the new hire is already telling people we did not hire "his" guy. He wanted a candidate out of Bville, MS. "Gordon, what was the name you guys had for me when I was in Internal Affairs?" Two-Face 

The Super Intendent for McNairy co has a son. He is the HC at Adamsville for basketball. I believe it is worth noting that he won 3-23 games his first year and has only won 2 games this year. To the best of my investigating..."He is doing a fine job. Just needs a few more pieces and they will start winning games." I don't think he is incorrect. I think one of the pieces would be a new coach.  

All this to say, I believe in a word called capacity. Capacity has definition that says, "The amount that something can produce." I believe that the men pulling the strings at McNairy Co bear small capacity and will continue to lessen the product they are supposedly in charge of until someone changes that dynamic. 

Much of what you post I know very little about, but you've drilled until you hit water with your Drew Martin comments. Drew is a fine young man, and a good (if young) coach. Adamsville's talent has been declining for a few years before Drew was hired, and I doubt that any coach in our region could win a handful of games with his talent. McClain came to us from there, and hired Drew as an assistant as soon as he could get him in because he knew the game...forward a few years and Drew proved that he could develop our freshmen into players and did well coaching on the occasions that McClain couldn't be there, even winning a game against a team that we hadn't beaten in a few years. Drew took a pay cut and inherited a team without much talent in order to "go home" and coach the team that he loves even after McClain told him that he wouldn't coach forever, and would help Drew to be promoted here... Adamsville is lucky to have him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 6:25 PM, howdoitknow said:

Give the new coaching staff a chance before labeling them Selmer.  When is McNairy doing spring ball?  Do they have any scrimmages lined up?  Good luck to the new Bobcats coaching staff.  

they scrimmage hollow rock bruceton May 16th