Baylor vs Mccallie 1/25

FR615

18 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Smart. 

I’m figuring it to be Hart and Askew and it sucks for it to happen to anyone, hate to sing young men make bad decisions.  If so would they be allowed to go back to their home states and wrestle for state titles there? 

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I’m figuring it to be Hart and Askew and it sucks for it to happen to anyone, hate to sing young men make bad decisions.  If so would they be allowed to go back to their home states and wrestle for state titles there? 

Curious as to why you think those two? 

2 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Curious as to why you think those two? 

Because you said it wasn’t 2 of those 3 and I know the Sturgills and Normans and I haven’t heard anything from them. It’s been said that it’s 2 guys that were going to win state titles and so that leaves me to believe Askew and the new kid. I’ll try and reach out and see if it’s either Hunter or Max and maybe I’m wrong. 

10 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Unfortunately for them the culture of programs ALWAYS prevails in the end.

Relationships win

Father Ryan..... BACK TO BACK

Father Ryan will certainly have a good shot to win but please don't act as if they haven't had their own issues over the years.  It was just a few years ago that several of their guys had to leave for live-in-rehab.  News flash:  high school kids do stupid things, and it's getting worse not better with younger generations.  

When was the last time Father Ryan won a traditional state tournament? You know, the one that concludes the season. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Unfortunately for them the culture of programs ALWAYS prevails in the end.

Relationships win

Father Ryan..... BACK TO BACK

I’m not sure that Father Ryan has enough balance throughout the lineup to win a state title but I do agree with you that over the long haul relationships & consistency wins.  The desire to BUY  a state championship by recruiting elite wrestlers over developing kids in your youth program is a debate for another day.  IMO, developing talent is much more satisfying than buying the elite kids but to each their own. 

11 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Over the years of Baylor taking out of state transfers, have they wrestled for Team Tennessee in the off-season?  I know some of the wrestlers were only there between 1-4 seasons depending on what gap needed to be filled on the roster, so there was not necessarily loyalty for the State of Tennessee in some situations, which makes sense.