Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

3 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

sounds like you won't your guy to get this job lol JK.

Nah. I have no dog in this. He is a friend and I wish him the best, but I have no interest or involvement in Rhea Co. football. My stepdad does, but I haven’t heard him express a preference yet. This is their decision.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:36 AM, chs1984 said:

Nah. I have no dog in this. He is a friend and I wish him the best, but I have no interest or involvement in Rhea Co. football. My stepdad does, but I haven’t heard him express a preference yet. This is their decision.

Who is looking like the front runner for that job 

1 hour ago, CherokeeTrail said:

Who is looking like the front runner for that job 

I am getting nothing from anyone that I would think had access to the committee or A.D. That includes media personnel - teachers- support staff. It’s been two weeks. There is a football banquet next week so maybe that takes precedence. 

A side note. I am surprised media wise for a Rhea County coach to switch in a few respects; Rhea has always been leaning less media attention towards showing games on tv  Nfhs etc. while Campbell county is all about transparentcy having all there games live etc. and another point this will be a complete turn around. Whereas Rhea is known for ground and pound. I don't see that system working out well for CCHS. The crowds are about quick thrill and frils at CCHS. As CCHS just has really never had a winning program until the Price brothers got there. CCHS has tried this ground and pound numerous times and so far they haven't accomplished much. It's just not a ticket seller and they need that to keep interest involved. Maybe the new coach will put his stock in Defense but that may not sell for too long. Wish the coach the best and maybe that's why he's the coach, he may know better than the fans 

28 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

A side note. I am surprised media wise for a Rhea County coach to switch in a few respects; Rhea has always been leaning less media attention towards showing games on tv  Nfhs etc. while Campbell county is all about transparentcy having all there games live etc. and another point this will be a complete turn around. Whereas Rhea is known for ground and pound. I don't see that system working out well for CCHS. The crowds are about quick thrill and frils at CCHS. As CCHS just has really never had a winning program until the Price brothers got there. CCHS has tried this ground and pound numerous times and so far they haven't accomplished much. It's just not a ticket seller and they need that to keep interest involved. Maybe the new coach will put his stock in Defense but that may not sell for too long. Wish the coach the best and maybe that's why he's the coach, he may know better than the fans 

He will run what he has always ran

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

He will run what he has always ran

Hey it could work; something has to work. He appears to be a pretty good coach. But I had high hopes for the Price twins. Wife said if they couldn't get CCHS to stability than no one can. And they did start off well and were completive longer than anyone in CCHS history and beat Oak Ridge which was a first. 

14 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Hey it could work; something has to work. He appears to be a pretty good coach. But I had high hopes for the Price twins. Wife said if they couldn't get CCHS to stability than no one can. And they did start off well and were completive longer than anyone in CCHS history and beat Oak Ridge which was a first. 

They started hot and then people figured them out. Their problem was they never added in new wrinkles or changed tendencies. Almost like they bought a program and just did it exactly to a T.