DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

4 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

To Waco point it's not about the enrollment it's about sed talent at the school. Look up John Marshall a small 2a school in VA with 741 students finished as national champions last year, they're currently ranked 32nd in the nation with 3 losses to other national ranked teams by 6pts or less. George Wythe a 1a school in VA with 461 kids beat Dorman SC with 3700 students in the Arby's Classic, Dorman won state last year in SC, then George Wythe turned around and lost by 1 to Mentor OH with 2600 students. I don’t have a clue who's going to win state in basketball in TN private or public but I'm sure it'll be a school with 2000 kids an John Marshall with 741 will have a running clock against whoever that team is, like Waco said it's not about the number it's about the talent, no matter how many kids you have, you can only have 5 on the court at a time with 1 ball. Then on the football side of it Alcoa with around 600 kids are somewhere in the top 5 public schools every year 

You also have Douglass that's probably the best team in Tennessee this year (all classes) with a record of 23-0 and they have an enrollment of 666 according to Coach T. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Gate City and Alcoa, smaller enrollments and routinely have the talent to compete with schools with larger enrollments. 100% true and provable. What's delusional? 

I can guarantee you the next 5 years will be stellar at DB. People are getting tired of your butt hurt whining. You have 69 post total and every single one is bashing DB. I think everybody sees what your about. 

Oh I’m not butt hurt…u just a homer fan for db coaches and I just wondered if u went to db or somewhere else and wished you went db????  What u gonna say when 5 more quit next year??

Wolves 2022

I want to apologize to you because I could have handled my response to your statement pertaining to me that I "never accomplished nothing" at Volunteer in a much better way.  You have every right in the world to think and say whatever you want about me.  I wish I hadn't responded the way I did.  I will learn from this and hopefully do better.

A college scholarship in sports and the GI Bill enabled me to earn two bachelor's degrees and two master's degrees.  They are my greatest accomplishments.  My master's degrees are in education and social work.  I had the opportunity to earn those degrees (in total it took me 9 years) and financially everything was paid for, so I was debt free in terms of my college work.  My motivation in my work was to help and enhance people to do their best, not criticize others.  

You said that "you would wager any amount I have (meaning me) that coaches such as Buck, Dickie, Bobby, Charlie and George would never get on this post and brag their accomplishments.  Only me!"  You probably make a good point, and I never disputed your statement.  I knew each of these individuals and had respect for each on them. I coached against "Dickie, Charlie, Bobby, and George" and each had tremendous success. I am happy when other people are successful because I am not a jealous person. I had a particularly good relationship with Dickie Warren. I miss him.

I am not from this area and I felt I was treated as an outsider at times. I didn't try to emulate any local coach. I carved out my own niche and always did it my way. Sometimes there might have been consequences for that.I was never worried about my job because I was financially secure from the beginning of my career. In coaching I just wanted my team to win and I didn't care what anyone thought about the way I went about it. If I wasn't happy where I was I figured there was always another job. It worked out for me.

You said that you would wager any amount I have { meaning me } that Buck, Dickie, Charlie, Bobby, and George would never brag about their accomplishments. I think that is a wonderful endorsement of each of these fine coaches and people. As for me I don't ever remember caring what they thought. I was too involved  with my team

Each of us are different as individuals and I did it my way. I have always been secure with myself,I never tried to please people like you or anyone else. I just wanted my team to win.

Please be advised that I won't allow you to wager my money, I happen to be a multi, multi, multi, millionaire because my wife is from the John Deere family. She gives me a very generous allowance and I get to do whatever I want, Wager your own money and don't think about wagering mine, That ain't going to happen,

In all my posts I never said once I was a better player or coach than anyone. I am not an expert on anything until I am at least 2,000 miles away from my bride. I have been married almost 55 years. You might think about that strategy.

As Coach Knight once said, " When my time on earth is done, and all my activities have come to pass, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can Kiss My ####."

WaCo- you are the best.Keep up the great work. The asylum always needs your erudite comments. 

• Like 1

Rebelyell 10

I wish you hadn't let that information out because that was one reason my players at Volunteer won so many games.They worked hard and got in very good condition, I was very fortunate to have been their coach.

If you are doing that to try and get in some condition I hope that the cinder block doesn't fall on your head. You need to retain all of your meager mental faculties.

I now understand why you call yourself Rebelyell 10. I do think a cinder block fell on your head  and like a baby you wimpered a rebel yell ten times. I hope you have recovered from that nasty incident. Obviously you love attention and you are not worth any more of my time.

WaCo thinks you are a loser. I simply think that you are a dumb ####.

4 hours ago, CoachMo45 said:

Rebelyell 10

I wish you hadn't let that information out because that was one reason my players at Volunteer won so many games.They worked hard and got in very good condition, I was very fortunate to have been their coach.

If you are doing that to try and get in some condition I hope that the cinder block doesn't fall on your head. You need to retain all of your meager mental faculties.

I now understand why you call yourself Rebelyell 10. I do think a cinder block fell on your head  and like a baby you wimpered a rebel yell ten times. I hope you have recovered from that nasty incident. Obviously you love attention and you are not worth any more of my time.

WaCo thinks you are a loser. I simply think that you are a dumb ####.

Coach Mo, I’m old too (not as old as you). I personally enjoyed your perspective as I love sport’s history. I’m not a basketball guy, but just sort of an informed observer. A couple of the gentlemen you name are or were friends of mine. Could you comment on three other basketball coaches that had a significant impact on my professional life. Coach Bobby Chambers, Coach Elvin Little, and Coach Herb Hawkes.

WaCo

Since I am no longer interested in discussing  anything with Rebelyell 10 please  convey to him the following two messages.

1) Brandon Reed was probably the best at running around the Volunteer gym with a cinder block balanced on his head. That is why he was such a terrific player.

2) Please let Rebelyell 10 know that it is important to continue his therapy. At 7P.M. tonight he is supposed to look in his bathroom mirror and repeat ten times, " I am a loser and a dumb #### ". After that he can go to his backdoor and shout a rebel yell.

20 hours ago, CoachMo45 said:

Wolves 2022

I want to apologize to you because I could have handled my response to your statement pertaining to me that I "never accomplished nothing" at Volunteer in a much better way.  You have every right in the world to think and say whatever you want about me.  I wish I hadn't responded the way I did.  I will learn from this and hopefully do better.

A college scholarship in sports and the GI Bill enabled me to earn two bachelor's degrees and two master's degrees.  They are my greatest accomplishments.  My master's degrees are in education and social work.  I had the opportunity to earn those degrees (in total it took me 9 years) and financially everything was paid for, so I was debt free in terms of my college work.  My motivation in my work was to help and enhance people to do their best, not criticize others.  

You said that "you would wager any amount I have (meaning me) that coaches such as Buck, Dickie, Bobby, Charlie and George would never get on this post and brag their accomplishments.  Only me!"  You probably make a good point, and I never disputed your statement.  I knew each of these individuals and had respect for each on them. I coached against "Dickie, Charlie, Bobby, and George" and each had tremendous success. I am happy when other people are successful because I am not a jealous person. I had a particularly good relationship with Dickie Warren. I miss him.

I am not from this area and I felt I was treated as an outsider at times. I didn't try to emulate any local coach. I carved out my own niche and always did it my way. Sometimes there might have been consequences for that.I was never worried about my job because I was financially secure from the beginning of my career. In coaching I just wanted my team to win and I didn't care what anyone thought about the way I went about it. If I wasn't happy where I was I figured there was always another job. It worked out for me.

You said that you would wager any amount I have { meaning me } that Buck, Dickie, Charlie, Bobby, and George would never brag about their accomplishments. I think that is a wonderful endorsement of each of these fine coaches and people. As for me I don't ever remember caring what they thought. I was too involved  with my team

Each of us are different as individuals and I did it my way. I have always been secure with myself,I never tried to please people like you or anyone else. I just wanted my team to win.

Please be advised that I won't allow you to wager my money, I happen to be a multi, multi, multi, millionaire because my wife is from the John Deere family. She gives me a very generous allowance and I get to do whatever I want, Wager your own money and don't think about wagering mine, That ain't going to happen,

In all my posts I never said once I was a better player or coach than anyone. I am not an expert on anything until I am at least 2,000 miles away from my bride. I have been married almost 55 years. You might think about that strategy.

As Coach Knight once said, " When my time on earth is done, and all my activities have come to pass, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can Kiss My ####."

WaCo- you are the best.Keep up the great work. The asylum always needs your erudite comments. 

After reading this, I will go with the obvious. Multi, multi, multi, millionaire.  I live around, and know a lot of wealthy people.  You would never know they were wealthy.  And they would never get on a platform like this and say they were.  I can still hear my Dad, "Son when someone boasts of how much money they have, they are usually the one's that don't have much".  I will put you in that category.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, indians1987 said:

I think Rebelyell is a former Sullivan South student that is still butthurt over alot of #### whippings he took from DB.  Could be wrong tho.

Whatever he is he is one butthurt old troll. He's got the Reda$$ for Coach Poore for sure so I sorta think he's a former player that got the boot or is a quitter that couldn't take the heat.