DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It will probably continue until next basketball season starts and DB is winning again. These two DB haters will disappear. Book it. 

Hey Waco somebody forgot to tell Mac Mcclung he wasn't supposed to win back 2 back nba slam dunk championship since Gate City is a small school

• Upvote 1

Wolves 2022

I agree with you, I lost and you won when I made a completely inappropriate remark. I know better and I made a mistake. You disrupted my mental equilibrium and poise.I have no excuse for the mistake I made. I own it. My rear end took over and that is not desirable. Take credit for what you did.It is not my first mistake and probably won't be my last.

With a damaged left shoulder (still functioning OK) I am not close to any degree of black belt. I never  have been and never will be.

I correspond occasionally with Abdul (Kareem ) because we are friends. I spent a good amount of time with him  when he was here at ETSU for civility week several years ago. You brought up Bruce Lee  and I think Abdul trained with him quite a lot.

As you said about me (inaccurately) I certainly never kicked the XXXX out of Bruce Lee. He could do the reverse to me with the pinky finger on his left hand.

I did have 56 stitches in my face my senior year in high school.It was a rough conference I played in. Some people thought I qualified for the Adams family. I could't get out of the way of some of those fists. I was ugly and I had to sneak up on a girl to get an occasional date.

I do have a friend that is constantly with me. At this time in my life it is my obsession to practice with my friend. I take him to the "club" on average 6 days a week. As a friend should be, my friend is a very reliable companion. My friend is always with me and has never let me down. I practice with my friend almost every day.This is not an accomplishment or a threat-just fact. You should not try and twist my words.

On his best day Bruce Lee would be no match for my friend.

I told you I was very fortunate to have been financially secure my entire professional career. Just lucky and it had nothing to do with me per say. It would have been impossible for me to have moved around the way I did on a teacher/coach salary. It would be impossible for me to live my lifestyle the way I enjoy now on a teacher/coach salary. I grew up with great parents taking care of me with very meager means. I have always been glad that I grew up this way as many people have. You gave me a ball and I entertained myself with my friends. There is a lot of politics in public school education. A public school coach is not exempt from this. I think it is a very risky job. I was not brought up around here so in my opinion I was looked on as an outsider. I certainly never felt  that I enjoyed some of the opportunities that a local product enjoyed. I was able to overcome this and do it my way because I held a Royal Flush.

I will keep this part short. My wife grew up in Bronxville,N.Y. It is a small village about a half hour commute by train to Manhattan. The present commissioner of the NFL lives very close to where my wife grew up. Do a little research and see what you find out. I say this because in my case the information that your father gave you happens to be completely incorrect. I wish my accountant thought the way you do. Unfortunately they don't look at it the way you do because they have financial records.  I do pay a tremendous amount in taxes which benefits this area. That is a good thing.

If I understand it correctly Mr. Noonesfool was a high school principal in Greenville. In my opinion there is not a job that is more important or challenging. I would like to convey my deepest respect to Mr. Noonesfool.My dad was a principal of a jr. high in FL. for almost 40 years. He definately would not have approved of some of the comments I have made on this medium. He would have taken me behind the woodshed. 

What Mr Noonesfool achieved is far more significant than most of us do. Certainly more than I accomplished. Much respect and many congratulations for your contributions to many people. I know Mr. Noonesfool will agree-it is critical that we respect each other. We have so much to be thankful for in this country.

I know this platform is not intended to be used the way I just did. It will soon get back to what it is so hold your water. No one is forced to read or respond to anything on CoachT. You can certainly just skip over this. Thank you for your understanding.

It is my intention to wish each and everyone of you the very best in this year and all the years to come. I hope that you are happy and healthy.  

I also hope that you might just remember me in a positive way and wish me well because it is always nice to receive  well wishes. I choose to close with this thought- MY CRITICS CAN KISS MY ####!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RebelYell is correct in that the season is drawing nigh.  We should have beat Science Hill by 20 Saturday night, but we make too many mistakes and shoot our own selves in the foot.  Pretty much a recurring theme with this year's Indians.  We've played two good games all year against West Ridge and Greeneville the second time around. IF we can beat West Ridge tomorrow and go to West Saturday, there's a good chance we can at least make it to next week, but that's probably about it.

Waco is also correct.  I told my wife leaving Saturday in my angry state of seeing our performance... "Everyone better get their licks in this year, because next year and the year after, everyone's @$$ is grass!"

Back to Saturday for a minute... it was a little interesting to see a certain Topper player foul out in OT the other night, run off the court, slam the locker room door, breaking it in the process, and one of the assistant coaches have to run him down.  And then his uncle and future brother in law get removed by the Sullivan County cops.

I am hoping for a Boone win tomorrow night, so the Toppers have to face Sevier County, so the Smoky Bears can end that season on Saturday for them.

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

RebelYell is correct in that the season is drawing nigh.  We should have beat Science Hill by 20 Saturday night, but we make too many mistakes and shoot our own selves in the foot.  Pretty much a recurring theme with this year's Indians.  We've played two good games all year against West Ridge and Greeneville the second time around. IF we can beat West Ridge tomorrow and go to West Saturday, there's a good chance we can at least make it to next week, but that's probably about it.

Waco is also correct.  I told my wife leaving Saturday in my angry state of seeing our performance... "Everyone better get their licks in this year, because next year and the year after, everyone's @$$ is grass!"

Back to Saturday for a minute... it was a little interesting to see a certain Topper player foul out in OT the other night, run off the court, slam the locker room door, breaking it in the process, and one of the assistant coaches have to run him down.  And then his uncle and future brother in law get removed by the Sullivan County cops.

I am hoping for a Boone win tomorrow night, so the Toppers have to face Sevier County, so the Smoky Bears can end that season on Saturday for them.

We just need to get in as many games as possible to gain experience. I don't think anybody expected DB to go back to state this year with such a young team. Most of the games they lost this year were winnable though, even with the mistakes. I think Poore will work out the kinks in the off season. A great bunch coming up. All the way back to the middle schools. DB is going to be good for the next 4 or 5 years (at least). 

His uncle and future brother-in-law?