Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

5 minutes ago, desselle said:

One thing I can guarantee Knox and Pete will put a plan together that gives them the best matchups. It will come down to starting weight and who has to show first at certain weights. 

Will be fun to see Fowler/Leach  Lucas/Domerest

If Summit takes the match up

May not be a smart move though for them

I honestly doubt anyone truly believes including Cleveland coaches or wrestlers that this match will be one sided.  If I run through the matches and give pin to Little, major to Posey, Pin by Desselle and give Leach a regular decision win over Cy and drop down Lucas to a regular decision to account for Summit's new wrestler I'm coming out with Cleveland 43 to 22.

This is not a prediction or even likely, but it isn’t outside the realm of possibility.  The problem is everything has to go Summit’s way and Cleveland has so much flexibility in their lineup.

• 150 - Zachery Little (Summit) over Tres Schuft (Cleveland) 0-3
  • 157 - Brayden Leach (Summit) over Cy Fowler (Cleveland) 0-6
  • 165 - Logan Fowler (Cleveland) over Jackson Szeliga (Summit) 6-6
  • 175 - Jayden McKinney (Summit) over Dylan Harold 6-10
  • 190 - Lucas Szymborski (Cleveland) over David Demorest (summit) over 9-10
  • 215 - Matthew Tchiblakien (Summit) over Gabe Moore 9-16
  • 285 - Tyson Russel (Cleveland) over Peters Savarino (Summit) 12-16
  • 106 - Jose Cordero (Cleveland) over Jin Suito (Summit) 18-16
  • 113 - Chase Walker (Cleveland) over ??? (Summit) 24-16
  • 120 - Colt Maughon (Cleveland) over Blaise Masi (Summit) 27-16
  • 126 - Zac Bosken (Cleveland) over Simon Masters (Summit) 33-16
  • 132 - Jarvis Little (Summit) over Kaden Rice (Cleveland) 33-22
  • 138 - Michael Posey (Summit) over Blake Congdon (Cleveland) 33-28
  • 144 - Landon Desselle (Summit) ???(Cleveland) 33-34

56 minutes ago, texas23 said:

I hate that they always say this in their stories. "Last year, the teams made history by becoming the first to win both the duals and the traditional TSSAA Class AA State Tournament. This achievement marked the first time it has happened in the country. Building on this success, the teams have had the opportunity to travel and grow on a national level by competing in tournaments in Florida, Indiana, and Pennsylvania this season."

It only takes a few seconds of research to see it has been done previously at least in short research by Allen High School in Texas, they first did it in 2021 and also in 2022 and 2023. It's great they did it in Tennessee, especially for how long the program has been together! 

7 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I hate that they always say this in their stories. "Last year, the teams made history by becoming the first to win both the duals and the traditional TSSAA Class AA State Tournament. This achievement marked the first time it has happened in the country. Building on this success, the teams have had the opportunity to travel and grow on a national level by competing in tournaments in Florida, Indiana, and Pennsylvania this season."

It only takes a few seconds of research to see it has been done previously at least in short research by Allen High School in Texas, they first did it in 2021 and also in 2022 and 2023. It's great they did it in Tennessee, especially for how long the program has been together! 

It looks like you might just be kinda right.  Allen TX did have the traditional championship wins together, but I did not see where they won both duals as well.

4 minutes ago, texas23 said:

It looks like you might just be kinda right.  Allen TX did have the traditional championship wins together, but I did not see where they won both duals as well.

I guess in that they are right, but I don't see dual team championships in Texas, so no way to win both if they don't have it. Guess maybe that is where they get the first in nation to do so! 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

Do you still hate they always say that?

Its almost like you wanted a reason to get mad at Cleveland.

yeah, guess if you are going to pick something boast about something like that is the way! I haven't seen many states do duals state for the girls team so I guess it's always good to find something most no one else has the ability to do. I mean you do you! 

1 hour ago, CHSBLUE said:

I honestly doubt anyone truly believes including Cleveland coaches or wrestlers that this match will be one sided.  If I run through the matches and give pin to Little, major to Posey, Pin by Desselle and give Leach a regular decision win over Cy and drop down Lucas to a regular decision to account for Summit's new wrestler I'm coming out with Cleveland 43 to 22.

If Cleveland Raiders win 43 to 22 over Summit Spartans that will not be a mercy rule win. That would be good for Summit Spartans. If Summit Spartans can keep it within 21 that would not be very bad. It would be pretty respectful. I do not think Cleveland Raiders will mercy rule Summit Spartans though in this match. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Summit Spartans are too good to let it happen. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, CHSBLUE said:

yeah, I agree. I don't see any way that Summit keeps it within 15 and most likely it will be in the 20's for the win margin. There just isn't a public school team in the state that can wrestle with them! I believe Summit and possibly Soddy Daisy would be their best competition in public schools. 

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

yeah, I agree. I don't see any way that Summit keeps it within 15 and most likely it will be in the 20's for the win margin. There just isn't a public school team in the state that can wrestle with them! I believe Summit and possibly Soddy Daisy would be their best competition in public schools. 

Cleveland Raiders are loaded with elite wrestlers. Summit Spartans are a very good team but not good enough to keep it close from a team perspective with Cleveland Raiders. Summit Spartans will pick up some wins but it will not be enough. Cleveland Raiders are just too good to let it happen. Cleveland Raiders will not mercy rule Summit Spartans though. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.