D1 AA Duals Predictions

Bump11

Everyone is getting carried away with then "no way" stuff. Is it likely anyone beats Cleveland? No.  But pressure, particularly the pressure of being the absolute favorite, where you can only meet expectations and not exceed them, has a way of melting even the best. And I mean melting. 

It's an old one but a team of amateurs beat the Soviet Union in Hockey in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics, and the Soviets were considered unbeatable at that time.  If that can happen, then the odds of Cleveland getting upset are what, a 1000x greater?  Remember all the pressure, every bit of it, resides on Cleveland to do nothing but win and win big.  Nobody else has even the slightest chance.  

The above is something parents and coaches both forget because most long ago quit competing within any kind of sport.  The memories of choking (and they did choke if they ever competed for anything important, I sure choked a time or two, once in front of my own kids who were also tennis players, up 6-0,4-0 and lost ugh) fade and those rose colored glasses come out. I was playing singles tennis until my mid/late forties at a high level and I understand completely what pressure can do, very fresh in mind.  

Edited by oceansize42

30 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

It's an old one but a team of amateurs beat the Soviet Union in Hockey in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics, and the Soviets were considerable unbeatable at that time.  If that can happen, then the odds of Cleveland getting upset are what, a 1000x greater?  Remember all the pressure, every bit of it, resides on Cleveland to do nothing but win and win big.  Nobody else has even the slightest chance

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, ImYourHuckleberry said:

Im taking Halls over Bradley

Halls Devils have a real good team. Bradley Bears have a good team too. Halls Devils might beat them but they will not mercy rule them. I guarantee it. Watch and see. It will not happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

9 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Halls Devils have a real good team. Bradley Bears have a good team too. Halls Devils might beat them but they will not mercy rule them. I guarantee it. Watch and see. It will not happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

wth do you keep saying mercy rule them? there is no mercy rule in duals. 

6 hours ago, TalkingSense said:

Agree 100%

I remember watching that game. What an amazing thing it was. I remember Herb Brooks in the movie saying "You don't have to be the best team in the world. You just have to be the best team in the world tonight." I saw that idea play out so many times over the course of my career.

One of the greatest highs as a coach is watching a kid, or even better a group of kids, wrestle out of their minds and pull off miracles. I think that's really what we're living for,

That's why we line up and blow the whistle. Anything if possible.

12 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

wth do you keep saying mercy rule them? there is no mercy rule in duals. 

If one of these teams beat the other one bad enough it is still considered a mercy rule win. Did you see where the Gatlinburg Female Highlanders mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals almost four times in on game? Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals 101-18.  That means they mercy ruled them more than three times in one game. 25 points times 3 is 75 points. 75 points plus 18 points is 93 points. If Gatlinburg Female Highlanders had scored 7 more points they would have mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

4 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

If one of these teams beat the other one bad enough it is still considered a mercy rule win. Did you see where the Gatlinburg Female Highlanders mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals almost four times in on game? Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals 101-18.  That means they mercy ruled them more than three times in one game. 25 points times 3 is 75 points. 75 points plus 18 points is 93 points. If Gatlinburg Female Highlanders had scored 7 more points they would have mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I really hope you are a real person.

57 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

you cant score 101 points in a wrestilng dual big guy

also, its good you know math! idk where you pulled those random numbers from or how 25x3+18 is relevant to anything we're talking here, but good on ya. 

2 hours ago, Ummmno said:

you cant score 101 points in a wrestilng dual big guy

also, its good you know math! idk where you pulled those random numbers from or how 25x3+18 is relevant to anything we're talking here, but good on ya. 

he’s a bot. it’s like bloody mary or the candy man. you talk about him and he keeps popping up lol

14 hours ago, Bump11 said:

he’s a bot. it’s like bloody mary or the candy man. you talk about him and he keeps popping up lol

Do not say bloody mary or candy man three times or you know what happens. Also you forgot about Beetlejuice. If you say Beetlejuice three times he will appear as well. Have you seen the part where Beetlejuice head gets shrunk? They are coming out with a new Beetlejuice movie too. Are they coming out with a new Candyman movie too? That one was a scary one.  I can't wait to see the state duals. Cleveland Raiders have an awesome team. Summit Spartans do as well but Cleveland Raiders are ranked number 1 in the state. I still do not think Summit Spartans will actually get mercy ruled in the match. Summit Spartans are too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.