Mcconnell leaves for Westview

6 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Well, on that second part, Going toe to toe with MBA this year lasted all of about 5 minutes. After dismantling Dyer County MS to get to the finals, MBA completely dominated MMS that game to win by 40-ish? But I do agree with Westviews overall program being in a better place now than his first tour. Lots of excitement around the new coaches and thats good for kids. 

I didn't know they played this year I was referring to 2022's 8-6 overtime game. 

9 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I didn't know they played this year I was referring to 2022's 8-6 overtime game. 

Yeah they played each other 2 years in a row and that's impressive in itself for both teams. MBA came to Martin this time & they are a well coached group. Martin probably played their worst game of the year. Especially the second half, but mistakes just kept feeding MBA the ball & they took full advantage of it. Should have been a closer contest but, but it was MBA's day. 42-17?? I can't remember for sure but it didn't come down to a play or two.

12 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

I tried to tell people last week that Westview Chargers were getting a real good coach and they would be mercy ruling a lot of teams very soon. They did not believe me. Now do you believe me? Westview Chargers with Coach Simpson's son will be mercy ruling everyone they play in time. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I  approve this message.

You said that but  then they got McConnell 

Edited by Beagle

10 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Where does this leave Camden? They have rather nice facilities, they are a larger program, etc. Just conversation piece here, but why can't they attract a coach that can take the program to where they legit challenge their neighbors on a Friday night: Huntingdon, McKenzie or the like? Beating Bruceton is just not as impressive as it once was. Money doesn't seem to be a problem, just asking? It seems Martin is gonna have a parade and chalk off an annual McConnell Day holiday on the calendar because of the hire. Why can't Camden do this? 

Can't do this? Camden  Hired McConnell away from WV 4 years ago.. He has been a disappointment since season 1. Some of it was covid some of it was self-inflicted but in truth if we get Coach Wolfe it is a huge step in the right direction.  

On 1/26/2024 at 12:38 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Westview Chargers will be getting a good coach soon. Westview Chargers will be back to mercy ruling their opponents soon enough. When the new coach for Westview Chargers coached Gavin and Montez they mercy ruled a whole lot of teams. Westview Chargers will be good again very soon. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

12 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

I tried to tell people last week that Westview Chargers were getting a real good coach and they would be mercy ruling a lot of teams very soon. They did not believe me. Now do you believe me? Westview Chargers with Coach Simpson's son will be mercy ruling everyone they play in time. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I  approve this message.

You called it.  Congratulations to the Westview Chargers on landing a darn good football coach.  

On 12/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, Trollin said:

Them Camden boys gonna get woke up real quick. McConnell don’t play. Them boys better leave their feelings at the house. 

You called it 4 years ago Trollin.  A disciplinarian who demands “more” out of his players.  10 years ago he brought Waverly football back from the dead and under him from 2014-2018 and then Coach Boldin from 2019-Present the football program there has been very successful in both 2A and 3A.  

On 12/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, Beagle said:

He will get kids to play.He has a few coming back that love it and welcome the discipline and he will get the kids in the halls too. Thats a bonus 

CC, this is what you said 4 years ago when Coach McConnell came home to Camden.  It’s funny how an opinion can change so drastically in just 4 years.  

41 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Can't do this? Camden  Hired McConnell away from WV 4 years ago.. He has been a disappointment since season 1. Some of it was covid some of it was self-inflicted but in truth if we get Coach Wolfe it is a huge step in the right direction.  

Couldn’t agree more with you

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

You called it 4 years ago Trollin.  A disciplinarian who demands “more” out of his players.  10 years ago he brought Waverly football back from the dead and under him from 2014-2018 and then Coach Boldin from 2019-Present the football program there has been very successful in both 2A and 3A.  

CC, this is what you said 4 years ago when Coach McConnell came home to Camden.  It’s funny how an opinion can change so drastically in just 4 years.  

4 years is all you need! 

Just the fact that Westview hired a coach that lost 71-50 to Waverly, gave up 31 to 1-9 Bruceton (Bruceton only scored 30+ just twice last year), 62-25 to Milan, 55-14 to Riverside 72-41 to Milan, 61-13 to Huntingdon, and 47-14 to Adamsville is surprising. 

Camden's probably happy to pay for the real estate fees.

Little Simpson can pad his stats and throw for all the passing yards he wants to. It's not going to matter.