D1 A Predictions

Bump11

Much like AA, this seems to be mostly a race for second. 

Round 1-

Soddy over Munford

Station Camp over Anderson

Pigeon Forge over Millington

Signal over Tullahoma

SF-

Soddy over SC

Signal over PF

Consos-

Anderson over Munford

Tullahoma over Millington

PF over Anderson

SC over Tullahoma

Finals/3rd-

Soddy over Signal

PF over SC

1. Soddy

2. Signal

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Station Camp

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Much like AA, this seems to be mostly a race for second. 

Round 1-

Soddy over Munford

Anderson over Station Camp

Pigeon Forge over Millington

Signal over Tullahoma

SF-

Soddy over Anderson

PF over Signal

Consos-

Station Camp over Munford

Tullahoma over Millington

Signal over Station Camp

Anderson over Tullahoma

Finals/3rd-

Soddy over PF

Signal over Anderson

1. Soddy

2. Pigeon Forge

3. Signal

4. Anderson

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

my initial bracket that i filled out by hand had this exactly but i had a change of heart. top 3 are pretty heavy favorites to be 1-3 in some order, but i think the winner of that AC/SC match gets 4th

Soddy will win. They are a complete team.

Station Camp is good,  possibly 2nd best team there.  I predict they will give Soddy the toughest dual of the day. 

Signal and Tullahoma could be fun. That Davis/Avans  match at 175lbs will be fire.  1 vs 2.

Winner of that dual gets PF.

Pigeon forge,  Tullahoma, Station Camp and Signal all have some really great wrestlers. But all 3 teams also have a few holes.  Station has the least gaps of any team besides Soddy IMO. 

This is all my opinion of course but here's how I see it.  

PF is solid or competitive from 126-215. 

Signal is really good from 106-138. 150 and 175. They have holes though,  especially up top. Of course if you can pin at 7 weights and just force a Dec at 1 more you're going to win.  

Tullahoma has a lot of talent spread throughout the line up.  Their random role players as I call them are better than most.  

Station Camp has a good kid at every weight.  

AC is a group of scrappers with just enough good kids up top and in the middle to beat most teams.  But this is state duals and not most teams. 

Munford and Millington are similar to AC. They all have holes.  

I'm curious about how West TN wrestling matches up against the East, some of these teams wrestle in bubbles. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am usually always on the small school division hype train, but I think the fun is going to be in D2 this weekend to see Father Ryan, Baylor, and McCallie square off. Soddy's dominance has taken away a lot of the excitement in the small school we've seen in recent years. Here's how I see this playing out on Saturday...

Quarter Finals

Soddy Daisy over Munford (40+ points)

Station Camp over Anderson County (12-15 points)

Pigeon Forge over Millington Central (30+ points)

Signal Mountain over Tullahoma (10-15 points)

Consolation Round 1

Anderson County over Munford (20+ points)

Tullahoma over Millington Central (20+ points)

Semi Finals

Soddy Daisy over Station Camp (25-30 points)

Signal Mountain over Pigeon Forge (3-5 points)

Consolation Semi Finals

Pigeon Forge over Anderson County (15-20 points)

Station Camp over Tullahoma (10-12 points)

Consolation Finals

Pigeon Forge over Station Camp (10-12 points)

Finals

Soddy Daisy over Signal Mountain (20-25 points)

Best matches...

1. Pigeon Forge v. Signal Mountain... this should be one of the best matches of the weekend from any of the divisions. If the Tigers can save some bonus points in the lower weights they will win, I just don't think they'll save enough. Neither team is what they have been the past few years, but Signal is still great down low and Davis is dominant for them in the upper weights leading me to believe they have an veryslight edge. I would love to see Howard bump up to wrestle Davis. That would be a match of the year candidate!

2. Station Camp v. Anderson County... two new comers to the division looking to make a statement. They look to be pretty evenly matched. I am giving SC an edge based on some recent results, but AC is dangerous. If either of these teams had been on the lower half of the bracket, they could have made the finals. This one should be entertaining!

3. Tullahoma v. Signal Mountain... don't sleep on the Wildcats! Tullahoma has quietly had a great year. Signal is not what they used to be. Signal is still the better team, but I won't be surprised at all to the boys from T-Town wrestling Pigeon Forge tomorrow in the semis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

I am usually always on the small school division hype train, but I think the fun is going to be in D2 this weekend to see Father Ryan, Baylor, and McCallie square off. Soddy's dominance has taken away a lot of the excitement in the small school we've seen in recent years. Here's how I see this playing out on Saturday...

Quarter Finals

Soddy Daisy over Munford (40+ points)

Station Camp over Anderson County (12-15 points)

Pigeon Forge over Millington Central (30+ points)

Signal Mountain over Tullahoma (10-15 points)

Consolation Round 1

Anderson County over Munford (20+ points)

Tullahoma over Millington Central (20+ points)

Semi Finals

Soddy Daisy over Station Camp (25-30 points)

Signal Mountain over Pigeon Forge (3-5 points)

Consolation Semi Finals

Pigeon Forge over Anderson County (15-20 points)

Station Camp over Tullahoma (10-12 points)

Consolation Finals

Pigeon Forge over Station Camp (10-12 points)

Finals

Soddy Daisy over Signal Mountain (20-25 points)

Best matches...

1. Pigeon Forge v. Signal Mountain... this should be one of the best matches of the weekend from any of the divisions. If the Tigers can save some bonus points in the lower weights they will win, I just don't think they'll save enough. Neither team is what they have been the past few years, but Signal is still great down low and Davis is dominant for them in the upper weights leading me to believe they have an veryslight edge. I would love to see Howard bump up to wrestle Davis. That would be a match of the year candidate!

2. Station Camp v. Anderson County... two new comers to the division looking to make a statement. They look to be pretty evenly matched. I am giving SC an edge based on some recent results, but AC is dangerous. If either of these teams had been on the lower half of the bracket, they could have made the finals. This one should be entertaining!

3. Tullahoma v. Signal Mountain... don't sleep on the Wildcats! Tullahoma has quietly had a great year. Signal is not what they used to be. Signal is still the better team, but I won't be surprised at all to the boys from T-Town wrestling Pigeon Forge tomorrow in the semis.

I haven't seen PF this season, but I just don't see how they get beat by Signal. Signal has 4 wrestlers and that is about it, after watching them the other night! PF has more good wrestlers with Pratt, Cable, Hood, both Howards, the 215 and heavy aren't very bad either and SM isn't very good at 215 and 275 so PF should win those matchups also, I feel PF can give SD a run for their money that Signal can't. 

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I haven't seen PF this season, but I just don't see how they get beat by Signal. Signal has 4 wrestlers and that is about it, after watching them the other night! PF has more good wrestlers with Pratt, Cable, Hood, both Howards, the 215 and heavy aren't very bad either and SM isn't very good at 215 and 275 so PF should win those matchups also, I feel PF can give SD a run for their money that Signal can't. 

Pigeon Tigers should not not get mercy ruled by Signal Eagles. It should not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

20 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Signal will get bonus points at 106, 113, 120, 126, 132 and 175. Truth be told,  they probably get those bonus points against everyone.  

PF gets bonus points at 138, 144, possibly 150, possibly 157, 165, 190, 215 and heavy.  That's 8 weight classes to 6 but bonus points stack up.  Who can get them and who can limit them is the question.  

2 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Signal will get bonus points at 106, 113, 120, 126, 132 and 175. Truth be told,  they probably get those bonus points against everyone.  

PF gets bonus points at 138, 144, possibly 150, possibly 157, 165, 190, 215 and heavy.  That's 8 weight classes to 6 but bonus points stack up.  Who can get them and who can limit them is the question.  

PF should get pins at 165, 190, 215 and 275, they also will prob get wins with Pratt, Cable and Hood.  Yes SM should get bonus points at 106, whatever 2 weights the Uhorchuks go and 175. That 113 with Signal did not impress me at all, Jenkins absolutely destroyed him the other night until Davis in the 3rd who was about to get TF caught Jenkins trying to roll and had him on his back, so not sure I would count bonus there although I guess possible. So really it as always depends on where Signal moves the brothers because they don't have much in the JV so they cant really move around everyone as they just aren't deep and I would say PF is deeper and can just give those points up and win most of the other weight classes

I say SM moves Jojo to 126 against Perez and moves Ethan up to 138 against Pratt, IF PF sends 2nd on those they can bump up Pratt to 144, Cable to 150 and Hood to 157. I wonder how Howard would do moving up and wrestling Jackson at 175? 

• Upvote 1