Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

11 hours ago, CdotRoller said:

The HCWC wrestlers we currently have in our room would be just as good if we practiced in the basketball gym, at the middle school, or in the parking lot.  I’m grateful we have a wrestling room specifically for our wrestlers, but that’s not unique to Cleveland.  I would say virtually every school in the state shares this fine luxury you seem to think only Cleveland has. 

So can you explain where all this money(you claim our wrestlers get) is spent?  Please Show me your proof.  If we pay for our own fees, our own gear, our own tournaments, and our own travel, then what’s left?

Not sure how much time you have spent in public schools, but you would be sadly mistaken if you think most public schools have dedicated wrestling rooms for practices and such! I can name you about 8 just around me that have to share a gym with basketball through the entire season. So yes, most all private schools have a dedicated gym for wrestling, schools like Bradley, Cleveland and Soddy do also!  But schools especially in small school division do not have anything remotely for wrestling itself, so I would LOVE to see the list of schools in this state that have a wrestling room dedicated to their team like the 3 I mentioned above?  Also, Soddy wrestling arena is old as can be, built back in the 40's, Ulric and his team have fixed it up really nice and put some real money into it, but that building was old when my dad went to school there when it used to be the high school. It was great to be able to head to the round gym and have practices while other teams across the county had to wait for the basketball teams to finish up before being able to practice! 

10 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Oooo

The one and only thing i can expertly comment on. 

As someone who has both wrestled AND rassled i can tell you...there IS a difference. 

same here! Which is why I'm pretty sure he was never in sports entertainment so his name would be a lie lol

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Not sure how much time you have spent in public schools, but you would be sadly mistaken if you think most public schools have dedicated wrestling rooms for practices and such! I can name you about 8 just around me that have to share a gym with basketball through the entire season. So yes, most all private schools have a dedicated gym for wrestling, schools like Bradley, Cleveland and Soddy do also!  But schools especially in small school division do not have anything remotely for wrestling itself, so I would LOVE to see the list of schools in this state that have a wrestling room dedicated to their team like the 3 I mentioned above?  Also, Soddy wrestling arena is old as can be, built back in the 40's, Ulric and his team have fixed it up really nice and put some real money into it, but that building was old when my dad went to school there when it used to be the high school. It was great to be able to head to the round gym and have practices while other teams across the county had to wait for the basketball teams to finish up before being able to practice! 

I can tell you we have had to share the gym both basketball teams, volleyball, youth volleyball and girls flag football. So we have to be very strategic when booking the gym and how we run HS and kids practice. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, desselle said:

I can tell you we have had to share the gym both basketball teams, volleyball, youth volleyball and girls flag football. So we have to be very strategic when booking the gym and how we run HS and kids practice. 

that is what I have seen with most schools, So I'm not sure where all Mr Roller has been with his son(which if I'm not mistaken he went to a private school), but Soddy Daisy has been lucky to have the round gym for its existence(although before 1983 when the new school opened, my dad had to share the basketball courts with the wrestling team which wasn't any good back in the day! We were lucky and I do think that helped Coach Henry build the program we had back in the 90's, we had that gym and we could use it at any time we chose to do so! 

The public school that I attended 40+ years ago did have a dedicated practice facility! lol as it was basically a 1/2 basketball court that could hold 1full mat (Resilite) wall to wall and 1 additional section of mat.  What I see in most public schools is that with the closing of the industrial arts/shop class programs the wrestling teams and weight-rooms have taken over that space.  At the inner-city high schools, you have several with swimming pools that have been closed for 20+ years.  If you want to keep the kids off the streets and out of trouble you have to give them something to do, or they will invent something to do.

2 hours ago, Ummmno said:

my favorite part is how you accuse me of "finding a way around this" and wont even address the one single thing i keep saying. 

sad. you're just sad. 

Are you gonna make the same claim about girls wrestling? Josh started the girls HS team with ONE wrestler and in year 1 placed 3rd and now has back to back state titles in year 2 and 3. That credit goes to the girls and coaches not money. There was no money in girls wrestling except the dedicated coaches girls and families. Bradley had a girls program before Cleveland, and their best wrestler (nat shane) is pretty dang good and can’t even fill a full squad. They did a good job making it to state this year but is no were close to Cleveland. The recipe for success is within the program and was EARNED boys and girls

53 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

yep, I also have one sitting out in the garage right now which is where the name came from back in the early 2000's when i joined this site

Dang....if I made my CoachT name after my car it would be OldBeater.....

• Upvote 2