Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

16 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

for the love of god you don't have much reading comprehension. The fact that Jones started the program with HIS Money is the reason most likely that Josh was able to setup and do HCWC! He went hat in hand to Allan Jones, heck he has stated so himself and asked for the money to start the program, IF that money wasn't given and Jones told him to pound sand, HCWC might not have EVER been started! Josh had a dream and a 6 year plan! If the money wasn't given he might have had to go elsewhere to start HCWC and maybe that elsewhere has a dominant program and Cleveland would have been where they were in the late 90's and early 2000's as second fiddle to schools like Bradley and even Soddy Daisy! Instead Allan gave the money and started a program that no one else was building in the state! So this was before your son's time as a big time wrestler or even going to HCWC. None of us are saying that hard work hasn't helped build that program, but without Allan Jones that program might not have ever gotten off the ground and it seems everyone is to stupid to understand or see that! Even Mark Smith at the time wasn't giving the money he is now, HCWC was funded by Allan Jones to start and if not for him there might not be a HCWC at Cleveland, Josh might have had to go elsewhere since I don't think his dream would have just died, but as they say, to make a fortune, you most of the time have to start with one! They have built on what was paid for to start, now they can afford to pay good coaches to come in and help with all that!    So you can defend all you want and think its going after Josh, BUT in an interview he himself stated he had the dream and went to Allan to make that come true! Since then the hard work has built them into the dominant program they are at now!  Also been in Jones Center many many times, there isn't another place like it in the state and that even includes the wrestling room at Bradley! 

Josh has done an outstanding job and built the program to what it is today. But Higher Calling was started before he got to Cleveland. Mike Hatcher came before Josh and he was helped by ones like Pete Miller and Danny Coleman. Josh has just  taken HCWC to a different and higher level. And the building is nice, thank you Allan.

4 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

first off, he matches the money that is raised by HCWC, looks like last year he posted the Jones Foundation gave something like 14K to HCWC to match funds! You were already proven wrong that he matches that always as he screwed Ben Smith many years ago when Allan called him a liar when shown how much they earned with fundraisers, but I would be willing to bet he's NEVER questioned what HCWC says they raise!   However HCWC ALSO receives a grant from Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County and that grant comes from money that is given to the club that is earmarked specifically and only to HCWC, that amount was 14k last year! That money might come from Allan Jones and its been given for a few years now but the money given to CFCBC was given anonymously so there is no way to know who gave it! But its given to them as a dedicated fund so it can only be given to HCWC.  So I would be willing to bet you have NO idea how much Allan gives to them yourself!   Also last year it shows coaches for HCWC were paid 27k plus for coaching. So how many coaches are getting paid for HCWC as I would bet that amount is prob triple if not more than about any other wrestling club in TN, heck it's probably more than what most wrestling clubs have in their entire budget! Also what about Bosken losing his job many years ago and Allan paying him a salary to literally coach HCWC when he didnt have a job so that they wouldnt lose him?   

Since you like to do research about where money comes from…who paid for the equipment in the Bradley room?  Who paid the building off when Toby filed for bankruptcy?  Be careful to think that Bradley hasn’t been taken care of. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

good lord. nobody said having a room gives them an advantage.

getting more money than any other program in the state DOES give them an advantage. 

Host a Top 100 tournament each year at your school and if you do it correctly you will have more than sufficient funds to run your program.  And if you are successful, the donation will also come. You might even fine a Mr. Jones to help your program.

9 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

Host a Top 100 tournament each year at your school and if you do it correctly you will have more than sufficient funds to run your program.  And if you are successful, the donation will also come. You might even fine a Mr. Jones to help your program.

100%. 

and if that program were to find a donor like mr jones then they would be set up to see the same success cleveland has seen. 

18 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

Josh has done an outstanding job and built the program to what it is today. But Higher Calling was started before he got to Cleveland. Mike Hatcher came before Josh and he was helped by ones like Pete Miller and Danny Coleman. Josh has just  taken HCWC to a different and higher level. And the building is nice, thank you Allan.

Josh has done an outstanding job. But…Heath Eslinger, Al Miller, Al Morris, along with myself and Carlos Thompson were the original founders of Higher Calling. Heath in the beginning wanted us. But eventually we were phased out due to Allan wanting to take the Club to a higher level and felt that we didn’t have the clout behind our names. So in comes Mike Hatcher. Which I have no ill will or animosity against any of them. We didn’t fit into their plan(s). Al Miller wanted all of the city elementary schools to have wrestling. And then be able to have a city dual meet tournament as well as individual tournament. They tried it. It failed. So that’s when everything got revamped and Hatcher stepped in. Then Josh came along. So all in all Allan has pumped money in. But it doesn’t go to the kids or parents now. It use to help the underprivileged kids. But now it’s grown into the juggernaut. And is basically a stand alone club. When I had Cleveland Youth Wrestling (before Higher Calling) I, myself, as well as my other coaches did get paid. But it was maybe a couple hundred bucks every two months? And that was pre Allan funds. We clawed and scratched to get our club to the top. But without the help we couldn’t do it. Gotta have help to get where you are going. But yes Josh came in at the absolute right time. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

Since you like to do research about where money comes from…who paid for the equipment in the Bradley room?  Who paid the building off when Toby filed for bankruptcy?  Be careful to think that Bradley hasn’t been taken care of. 

Bradley has done a lot for itself. But Allan has only helped so much to keep them competitive. He will tell you that himself. Gotta have competition to keep from getting stagnant. Those were words he told me back in the day. And I’ve never forgotten them. Yes he has backdoor’d funds into that program. No doubt. But its not as much as one thinks. Been there with both programs. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Bradley has done a lot for itself. But Allan has only helped so much to keep them competitive. He will tell you that himself. Gotta have competition to keep from getting stagnant. Those were words he told me back in the day. And I’ve never forgotten them. Yes he has backdoor’d funds into that program. No doubt. But its not as much as one thinks. Been there with both programs. 

Who paid the building off?

5 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

first off, he matches the money that is raised by HCWC, looks like last year he posted the Jones Foundation gave something like 14K to HCWC to match funds! You were already proven wrong that he matches that always as he screwed Ben Smith many years ago when Allan called him a liar when shown how much they earned with fundraisers, but I would be willing to bet he's NEVER questioned what HCWC says they raise!   However HCWC ALSO receives a grant from Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County and that grant comes from money that is given to the club that is earmarked specifically and only to HCWC, that amount was 14k last year! That money might come from Allan Jones and its been given for a few years now but the money given to CFCBC was given anonymously so there is no way to know who gave it! But its given to them as a dedicated fund so it can only be given to HCWC.  So I would be willing to bet you have NO idea how much Allan gives to them yourself!   Also last year it shows coaches for HCWC were paid 27k plus for coaching. So how many coaches are getting paid for HCWC as I would bet that amount is prob triple if not more than about any other wrestling club in TN, heck it's probably more than what most wrestling clubs have in their entire budget! Also what about Bosken losing his job many years ago and Allan paying him a salary to literally coach HCWC when he didnt have a job so that they wouldnt lose him?   

I will take your bet on providing Allan with information on funds raised by HCWC, he does like to know where his money is going.  You have no idea. Show me the grant information for 2023. And what does Ben Smith have to do with HCWC.  You act like you are the treasurer of HCWC. Get it right and prove everything you say is true, 

• Upvote 1

And as far as Toby going bankrupt? You can thank Jones for having a helping hand in that as well? He duped Toby into some bad business deals and would pull out. That’s part of Toby’s fault for listening to him. 
Allan came to my grandparents house on North Lee Hwy and wanted to buy it the property next to them as well as the house down from them just so he could bulldoze it down and put that monstrosity that he lives in now. I was there when it went down. Basically my grandpa told Allan to kick rocks. Allan smarter off and that’s when you heard the shotgun rack. Allan left. He wanted Toby to drive by his mansions everyday. 

4 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

I will take your bet on providing Allan with information on funds raised by HCWC, he does like to know where his money is going.  You have no idea. Show me the grant information for 2023. And what does Ben Smith have to do with HCWC.  You act like you are the treasurer of HCWC. Get it right and prove everything you say is true, 

He wont....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

Because Allan helped Bradley as well. Not as much but like I said to keep them competitive. Ben had a sod project with Lee University that we did during preseason. Allan said he would match it dollar for dollar. When invoices were turned in Allan called Ben a liar. So all of that money we raised went towards paying for hotel rooms and food for our guys. And travel. Allan gave us a charter bus for Duals. It was an old dilapidated bus that broke down halfway there. So we got picked up in Cleveland’s charter.