6A Region 2 Final Predictions

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

OK that doesn’t answer the question at all but yes, if a student wants and feels like they can get a better chance by going to another school academically why is it so shamed upon athletically.

Apparently you have no concept of rules and regulations set forth by governing bodies. I don't know what you mean by shamed. It's a matter of TSSAA settings rules/laws to go by for their member schools. If you don't want your school to adhere to these rules encourage your team to leave the TSSAA and find a schedule and not compete for a state championship. Or you could try to get the state legislature to change the TSSAA authority over high school athletics in the state of Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Apparently you have no concept of rules and regulations set forth by governing bodies. I don't know what you mean by shamed. It's a matter of TSSAA settings rules/laws to go by for their member schools. If you don't want your school to adhere to these rules encourage your team to leave the TSSAA and find a schedule and not compete for a state championship. Or you could try to get the state legislature to change the TSSAA authority over high school athletics in the state of Tennessee.

It shouldn’t be a rule in the first place, and you act like anyone even follows it. You can just say you “moved” and or use a fake address, and the TSAA will never come down to check. No one likes the rule, and no one even follows it. Why is it a rule in the first place? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

It shouldn’t be a rule in the first place, and you act like anyone even follows it. You can just say you “moved” and or use a fake address, and the TSAA will never come down to check. No one likes the rule, and no one even follows it. Why is it a rule in the first place? 

I know of a kid who used a PO Box as his address to transfer schools and they never said a thing, even though I’m sure the whole coaching staff knew.

so, although it’s a rule by the TSAA, nobody enforces it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Are  you talking about Bearden here?

And most of us have no problems with the rules.  Might just be you.

Edited by Rerun92

20 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

More whining..............:lol:

Cry Baby Crying GIF by The Lumineers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rerun92 said:

Are  you talking about Bearden here?

And most of us have no problems with the rules.  Might just be you.

I’m not really talking about my school, although we have lost numerous players to other schools, and I could sit up here and whine about it, or I could just accept the truth that they did it for a reason, they felt that it would help their career, and I have no problem with that.

Now, if you have a problem with a student athlete filling that they could be better off somewhere else to help their career or make them go farther within their career, I can’t help you with that.

15 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Great. l got a video without even trying. Like l said you are good at the Internet. Are you chasing me now? Keep on wasting your time.

Since you hate videos and pictures, here's ya a good old fashion new paper article.:lol: 

https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/alcoa-proves-its-metal-with-99-yard-march-to-beat-bearden/article_d2eb9f7e-437c-11ee-91c4-7f876539a4c5.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 3:42 PM, VolOrange86 said:

Bearden and Maryville both have a chance to win the region, with the edge to Bearden.

The winner of Bradley and Cleveland will take 3rd. 

I think Cleveland will keep the Bearden and Maryville games closer this year. While Bradley will take a step back. Farragut will upset someone just from Courtney's coaching.

I agree I believe Cleveland will be a dark horse in this region. They do loose some key position such as QB and some Wr's but they have returned a few impact players such as their RB and a few O lineman. They should be a team to look out for.

Maryville yes it wasn't the regular Maryville we know but I do believe they will get back on track and be a tough team again as they usually are. They return a Great QB in Will Jones, 2 RB's Price Davis and other one I don't know his name but he wore a weird number. They have a stout defense as always I believe most of those boys will be returning not 100% sure but I know the leaders from last year will be back this year. The O line I believe is where I am like hmm I wonder how they will hold, Maryville is known for having a dominate o line. 

Sorry i know I'm a few weeks behind LOL.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:14 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Has he been officially hired there? They may just be paying him under the table, which I know is illegal, but you never know about them irish. They have been struggling in private ball minus one year.  

I do not believe Penny will coach at KCHS, he is running a great training program. One other reason why he left Bearden was because he was having a hard time handing both jobs( Trainer & Coach). He is a full time trainer. Penny Doesn't have an facility he goes to places that allows him, he travels and etc. I don't believe TSSAA was the main reason why he left but certainly it was a reason. But I do believe Cleveland does have a trainer who coaches for them, He runs BTG in the 423, they are a well ran organization. I'm not sure if he still coaches or not maybe it was a one year deal the same as Penny.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:30 PM, VolOrange86 said:

There's some serious studs in that region that'll have something to say about that. Jayzon might be the most talented back in the state for all classifications. That region will be a gauntlet for the foreseeable future. Poor Region 1...

I do Agree, once Jayzon gets stronger and molds into his body he will be a ANIMAL. Will Jones Most definitely will be an MVP in the coming years, Hes a true dual threat QB. He will follow in his brother Carson footsteps, Maybe even be better we'll see. Region 1 is weird region, you see Jeff Co last year 10-2 they were a good team but would they have finished top 3 in region 2 last year? Yes they beat Cleveland in the playoffs, but Cleveland gave them a run for their money and finsihed 4th in the region. Bearden is a good team but struggled in certain spots went up there and beat them, while the week before they beat the 3rd team in that Region 27-0. SO that Region is an Question Mark.