Best incoming freshman class

FargoStrut

Just got back from watching the D-2 championships and was impressed with the McCallie 8th graders. Those kids helped their team to both the dual and individual championships. However, after being around AAU for several years and thinking about Cleveland's incoming freshman, I think the Blue Raiders 8th graders may give the EBE incoming freshman a run for their money. Thoughts? 

McCallie 8th graders

- Jaxon Lane, Cainan Williams, Dylan Villers, Cooper Ledbetter

Cleveland 8th graders 

Boone Maughon, Dominic Cordero, Kellen Sanders, Mattox High, Rock Shurette

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mccallie imo. None of those guys can match Lane in terms of a future top 25 national ranking. Villers is a stud. All of those Cleveland guys are studs too so it’s close. Lots of depth in that Cleveland lineup coming up but not sure how they fit them all in the lineup. Think the Cleveland class is deeper but Lane and possibly Villers are the best of the bunch though high and Boone could prove me wrong 

Edited by FR615

I enjoyed sitting next to you tonight@FargoStrut It was a blast! 

Mattox is one of the best kids I’ve ever seen wrestle….period. That whole group they’ve got coming in is awesome. 

For me though, I don’t care if their group is better or not. Let’s just make sure they wrestle each other and enjoy it while it lasts. That level of competition is what raises the bar for TN wrestling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The adults can have at it on this one. I love all these guys. Here is how much they care about this question before opinions start flying on here. These guys are all good friends and they train and travel together all the time. They don’t care about “who is best.” We could probably learn a lesson or two from these boys. #TNWrestling #OneWrestlingFamily #BestSportEver

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

The adults can have at it on this one. I love all these guys. Here is how much they care about this question before opinions start flying on here. These guys are all good friends and they train and travel together all the time. They don’t care about “who is best.” We could probably learn a lesson or two from these boys. #TNWrestling #OneWrestlingFamily #BestSportEver

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

Impressive group of wrestlers. Look forward to watching their careers.

7 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

Buzz kill haha

bunch of killers!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2024 at 2:10 PM, FrecoFanatic said:

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

I am 100% with ya!!! This whole group is good for a reason.  They may have some wars during the season but they are great friends and have some amazing relationship. Theses boys have trained together for years and traveled together in the summer time!! I know Dylan has been so blessed to have such great coaching and partners!! The amazing thing is, it doesn’t matter if it’s cleveland , Boyd or Mccallie…. The doors are always open for the kids and that indeed has made a huge difference!! I am just sad that we are now to just 4 more years of this journey!!