Overton HC

5 minutes ago, fredjones said:

Now that the Overton job is officially open, who goes there?

Hopefully someone who can coach and will make a commitment to Overton. Hope Overton will get it right this time and learn from past hires. Not an easy job now. 

Edited by fb247

It is shame the quality of coaches in metro with a couple of exceptions. It is sad the number of assistants also in the building. Looks like most head coaches have their buddies helping who can't even be there everyday. Friday night sidelines are full of coaches. 

42 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why did AB leave for Antioch

Chasing the talent. Antioch has a very good QB, maybe as good as anyone. Started as a 9th grader. Without him Antioch would have been winless. Talent alone is winning most games in Metro.

Edited by fb247

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

Chasing the talent. Antioch has a very good QB, maybe as good as anyone. Started as a 9th grader. Without him Antioch would have been winless. Talent alone is winning most games in Metro.

I have noticed that a high percentage of MNPS coaches just roll the ball out and win on talent.  If some of those athletes were actually coached correctly they would be dangerous.  

I have heard a very intriguing name has applied for this job. I am honestly shocked this person would even be interested with the experience he has. I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Overton having a hard time finding a veteran coach. Only question is, will Overton see this coach as the right fit? 

4 hours ago, fb247 said:

Can’t say that because remember his name was in the hat when Antioch first came open but the principal didn’t hire him.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I have noticed that a high percentage of MNPS coaches just roll the ball out and win on talent.  If some of those athletes were actually coached correctly they would be dangerous.  

Truth

16 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I have heard a very intriguing name has applied for this job. I am honestly shocked this person would even be interested with the experience he has. I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Overton having a hard time finding a veteran coach. Only question is, will Overton see this coach as the right fit? 

He needs a job.