11 million dollar addition to HVA

ILB1999

46 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

HVA is a dumpster fire. They will never be good. Too big of a school to move down in classification. It will be a lacrosse & baseball as soon as lacrosse is TSSAA sanctioned

When they built this place they didn't take enough land for growth and now have painted themselves into a corner. My guess is most of their potential football prospects are attending some of the nearby private schools just as Karns leaving them with only the scraps. My nephew played for GCA 8 years ago and they lived in Karns and most of the kids that played for GCA did also. This is a mess and the only thing I know any worse is the problem running Maryville High.

avatars-000317625633-rt38z6-t240x240-001.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When they built this place they didn't take enough land for growth and now have painted themselves into a corner. My guess is most of their potential football prospects are attending some of the nearby private schools just as Karns leaving them with only the scraps. My nephew played for GCA 8 years ago and they lived in Karns and most of the kids that played for GCA did also. This is a mess and the only thing I know any worse is the problem running Maryville High.

avatars-000317625633-rt38z6-t240x240-001.jpg

No way you can compare anything maryville to hva

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hear me out on this one. If your setting on the visitor side at a football game at HVA and your on the first row you are exactly 84 feet to the sideline not to mention your setting down low which the football team blocks your view unless you can get higher seats that only takes you farther away. If your on the home side you are exactly 109 feet from the first row to the sideline but the only positive is the bleachers are on higher ground but the sun will blind you until it goes down. I don't care about their weight room because I'm there to watch a football game that is a nightmare to see and also getting out of there after the game. I guess I'm spoiled because Maryville's field is 27 feet from first in the visitors side to the sidelines and it is built up where the players don't block your view. The home side is 30 feet from the side line to the first row and your setting up high also to prevent the players from blocking your view. HVA's design on the fields is an all time blunder considering it was a school built since 2000. If there is a place I dread going to HVA tops the list.

I mean, I guess I’ve never been and actually just looked at it. I just find the seats and sit, don’t really have any complaints. Whether that be the visitor side or the home side, I just sit wherever I find the most space, which at Hardin Valley is almost always the home section, but I don’t know, maybe it’s really that bad and I’ve really never paid enough attention to it. The away section is crammed, but it’s crammed up for pretty much every high school that has an away section.

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

I mean, I guess I’ve never been and actually just looked at it. I just find the seats and sit, don’t really have any complaints. Whether that be the visitor side or the home side, I just sit wherever I find the most space, which at Hardin Valley is almost always the home section, but I don’t know, maybe it’s really that bad and I’ve really never paid enough attention to it. The away section is crammed, but it’s crammed up for pretty much every high school that has an away section.

That's the actual measurements from Google Earth. I have nothing against HVA and hope them well but not a great place to watch a football game at. I am glad they have a decent field to play on now versus the grass field that looked like cattle had ate it up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If your on the home side you are exactly 109 feet from the first row to the sideline but the only positive is the bleachers are on higher ground but the sun will blind you until it goes down. 

The sun is a major issue on the home sides at both HVA and Karns, because of the way the fields are laid out in regard to where the sun sets that time of year.  There were times that it was really hard for me to even see the field from the press boxes to call games in those stadiums.  

Obviously, it is what it is and the people at both were great to me and my crew, but those are by far the two toughest places to see prior to sundown that I ever worked.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When they built this place they didn't take enough land for growth and now have painted themselves into a corner.

I don't think anyone expected the kind of exponential growth that Hardin Valley has seen in recent years, but I agree, KCS was somewhat short-sighted when they built HVA. Some of that was budget-related though; heck, they had to scrape together the money to build the football complex, as well as the baseball and softball fields, in the 11th hour.

If I understand correctly, KCS is expecting to build another high school on this end of the county in the next decade, either on the west end of Hardin Valley or the west end of Farragut. The new school would relieve overcrowding at both HVA and Farragut HS.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:07 PM, osunut2 said:

I don't think anyone expected the kind of exponential growth that Hardin Valley has seen in recent years, but I agree, KCS was somewhat short-sighted when they built HVA. Some of that was budget-related though; heck, they had to scrape together the money to build the football complex, as well as the baseball and softball fields, in the 11th hour.

If I understand correctly, KCS is expecting to build another high school on this end of the county in the next decade, either on the west end of Hardin Valley or the west end of Farragut. The new school would relieve overcrowding at both HVA and Farragut HS.

It wont matter for hardin valley because they will always be terrible. I wonder how or if that could affect farragut in football. I know they will always be good at baseball.

12 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

It wont matter for hardin valley because they will always be terrible. I wonder how or if that could affect farragut in football. I know they will always be good at baseball.

It will impact Farragut either way. Some kids that are currently zoned for FHS will be shifted into a new school zone. I live on the very far west end of Farragut, and my kids would be zoned for this new school, even if they build the school north of I-40.

Edited by osunut2

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It will impact Farragut either way. Some kids that are currently zoned for FHS will be shifted into a new school zone. I live on the very far west end of Farragut, and my kids would be zoned for this new school, even if they build the school north of I-40.

So you think they will be worse at football after this is done?