When will Cleveland’s dominance end

bigwilly24

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

While not the TSSAA, my son lost a match last year and the opposing coach came up to our coach, Sean Russell after the match and said "Man I'm sorry. You guys got robbed and he should have won that match". Don Elsea was watching and literally told us the call was wrong. Sometimes, it is exactly what it is. Score more points and it won't be left up to the refs. 

I've seen those Cleveland coaches in action. They fight hard for their guys. heck, Matt High throws more bricks in freestyle than any coach in the country. HA! 

Lol, fair but I am justified right? My challenge win rate has to be over 90% @CarlSpackler88. Heck I even won the challenge when I accidentally hit that official with the brick at 14U duals a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, clevelanddad said:

Do you think something needs to be done about refs and their bad calls?

What can be done @clevelanddad? There is a massive shortage of officials now. What are you going to do brother? Suspend them? Fire them? Who do you get to replace them if that happens? There are good officials and there are bad officials, just like there are good coaches and bad coaches. What needs to happen is we have coaches challenges and video review. It is at every level from youth through the senior level. No reason we should not have it at the duals and traditional state tournaments.

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

What can be done @clevelanddad? There is a massive shortage of officials now. What are you going to do brother? Suspend them? Fire them? Who do you get to replace them if that happens? There are good officials and there are bad officials, just like there are good coaches and bad coaches. What needs to happen is we have coaches challenges and video review. It is at every level from youth through the senior level. No reason we should not have it at the duals and traditional state tournaments.

That was my point from the beginning to have video review. And that will only happen if complaints are made. I think that is partly why we have a shortage on refs because some facilities have cameras and can review the call and refs don't like it when they're wrong

3 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Lol, fair but I am justified right? My challenge win rate has to be over 90% @CarlSpackler88. Heck I even won the challenge when I accidentally hit that official with the brick at 14U duals a couple of years ago.

It’s a close race with TNWA guys. Lol

Edited by desselle

6 hours ago, clevelanddad said:

That was my point from the beginning to have video review. And that will only happen if complaints are made. I think that is partly why we have a shortage on refs because some facilities have cameras and can review the call and refs don't like it when they're wrong

You could have made that point without attacking Josh. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

You could have made that point without attacking Josh. 

Well stated sir!  
 That’s because he did want to attack JB. If review was the entire point, there was zero reason to put a coaches response to a bad call on here. And why that one in particular, if not to single him out? I saw a ton of questionable calls and more often than not, failure to make the call. So why just this one, because it’s obviously Bosken. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, clevelanddad said:

Do you think something needs to be done about refs and their bad calls?

I think your solution of screaming at the refs from the table most definitely is not the solution lol. 

it’s the same with any sporting competition. There’s bad calls. It’s just gonna happen. The refs are human and they’re just interpreting the action they see. Losing your mind over it isn’t going to change anything though. 

all that said, my opinion on the call in the 126 final is that it was the correct call. 

Edited by WrestlingGod
  • Upvote 6

On 3/1/2024 at 10:18 PM, WrestlingGod said:

I think your solution of screaming at the refs from the table most definitely is not the solution lol. 

it’s the same with any sporting competition. There’s bad calls. It’s just gonna happen. The refs are human and they’re just interpreting the action they see. Losing your mind over it isn’t going to change anything though. 

all that said, my opinion on the call in the 126 final is that it was the correct call. 

Where were you sitting? 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Where were you sitting? 

In a gross locker room in the back of a brewery waiting for our match. We couldn’t make the finals since we were booked at a show in Birmingham. You’d know if you watched the Pin-Tn podcast ;)

that said I’ve watched it back a few times on Flo. It was the right call. Sorry hoss

• Like 1