Gibson Female Pioneers

CaptainGuru

3 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Gibson Female Pioneers are a storied program. Gibson Female Pioneers have one multiple titles and are the standard. Gibson Female Pioneers do not get mercy ruled. I guarantee it. Look and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I appreciate the generosity Captain. We for sure try to do things the right way through hard work, good ethics, morals and values, and lots of respect for our opponents. But there are lots of great programs across the state for sure. We hope to be there and compete and play hard win, lose or draw. Lots of really good basketball teams in AA this year and we will for sure be blessed if we get there. I respect them all because we have lost our fair share up there too. 

I'll say this. I feel like Turner was taking the ball to the basket a little more last night than usual. You can really see the difference in confidence for her in defense vs offense. But her layup & the And 1 along with hitting so many free throws was pretty crucial in that game. Hart and Riding are definitely not the only handlers on that team. Turner has been handling the ball all year and can make some great passes. I do agree with pioneer that GC needs more out of the posts. At state tourney, they will likely be facing some bigs. Lannom needs to get stronger in the paint for sure. I haven't seen Trezvant play but looks like USJ beat them by alot so I think GC has this one. 

Not sure how they feel about maybe playing Huntingdon first round though!

4 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

I'll say this. I feel like Turner was taking the ball to the basket a little more last night than usual. You can really see the difference in confidence for her in defense vs offense. But her layup & the And 1 along with hitting so many free throws was pretty crucial in that game. Hart and Riding are definitely not the only handlers on that team. Turner has been handling the ball all year and can make some great passes. I do agree with pioneer that GC needs more out of the posts. At state tourney, they will likely be facing some bigs. Lannom needs to get stronger in the paint for sure. I haven't seen Trezvant play but looks like USJ beat them by alot so I think GC has this one. 

Not sure how they feel about maybe playing Huntingdon first round though!

Trezevant added a transfer guard at Christmas that didn’t play against USJ in Dynamix Hoopfest… she was actually at Trezevant last season, transferred to Melrose at start of this season, transferred back to Trezevant around Christmas. She is top sophomore in the city. Regardless, Gibson will be fine and likely win big.

Edited by TLowns

12 hours ago, TLowns said:

Trezevant added a transfer guard at Christmas that didn’t play against USJ in Dynamix Hoopfest… she was actually at Trezevant last season, transferred to Melrose at start of this season, transferred back to Trezevant around Christmas. She is top sophomore in the city. Regardless, Gibson will be fine and likely win big.

They do some things at MCS that wouldnt fly at any other school systems in the state.