Eddie Courtney is retiring

17 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Tell us DFL how Concord, (not Concorde) is different than let's say Webb School of Knoxville. Plus Concord might have room to build athletic fields, but they will have an uphill battle with their neighbors not want lights shining in their windows.

One big different is cost. 

Webb is a great school,but is ony realistic for the very upper earners in the area. 

Concord Christian,  GCA, and a couple of others are realistic options for middle to upper middle famies, especially if vouchers are enacted. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HTV said:

One big different is cost. 

Webb is a great school,but is ony realistic for the very upper earners in the area. 

Concord Christian,  GCA, and a couple of others are realistic options for middle to upper middle famies, especially if vouchers are enacted. 

Price of admission was not what DFL was talking about when he said Concord was different than any other private school in the area. DFL claims that "he is pretty sure" Concord is the only private school in the area that can let 7th and 8th graders practice and play with the varsity football team. I am pretty sure 100% that DFL doesn't know what he is talking about because he has not read the rules. Only 8th graders are eligible to play varsity and they have to be on the same campus that the high school is. For example, Webb School of Knoxville and Greenback school are examples where 8th graders are eligible. 7th graders are not eligible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

You are pretty sure about a lot of stuff aren't you. Pretty sure doesn't count in TSSAA eligibility rules. I bet you haven't even read the rules. Read the rules and then tell me if you are 100% positive 7th graders can practice and play with a varsity football team in the state of Tennessee. Here is another clue. Webb School of Knoxville has an upper school and lower school. No separate middle school. Webb School of Knoxville has had several 8th graders practice and play with the varsity football team. Do you even know how an 8th grader is eligible to play varsity sports. But go ahead and just be pretty sure about stuff.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You just earned yourself a new nickname, Mr. Grumpy. Anyway, yeah, I know they can because they’re pushing it out. and that’s one of their main recruiting points. Don’t know why you’re so angry. Do you have something against Concord? Must be an angry parent, I would have to imagine, but I didn’t know Webb does that pretty smart on them, but Concord is going to have one up on them if they can hurry up and get this whole football thing filled out. 

Price of admission was not what DFL was talking about when he said Concord was different than any other private school in the area. DFL claims that "he is pretty sure" Concord is the only private school in the area that can let 7th and 8th graders practice and play with the varsity football team. I am pretty sure 100% that DFL doesn't know what he is talking about because he has not read the rules. Only 8th graders are eligible to play varsity and they have to be on the same campus that the high school is. For example, Webb School of Knoxville and Greenback school are examples where 8th graders are eligible. 7th graders are not eligible.

Everybody from elementary to 12th grades is on the same campus at Concord, so you don’t know what you’re talking about, and I was talking about pricing too, which is a big issue. Obviously you just can’t read, which is kind of funny. You just like being grumpy on this website, ain’t that right Mr. Grumpy, just making a fool out of yourself every day, but if you wanna talk about that, yeah, there’s 6th, 10th, 12th graders and 5th graders and 4th graders and 3rd graders and second graders and first graders at Concord Christian with the high schoolers. There is no youth sports program over there yet. Of course they’re trying to start one, but you can’t start football until you get into seventh grade, and they have to play & practice with the high school team. 

If you go to Concord Christian, you cannot sign up for football until seventh grade, and you practice with 8th graders, 9th graders, 10th graders, 11th graders, and 12th graders. There is really no varsity roster, I guess technically there is one, but they just play against junior varsity and freshman high school teams. I’ve had a few of my good buddies have sons go through Concord Christian on the football team and ones that still currently go there and will play for the football team moving forward. 

6 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You just earned yourself a new nickname, Mr. Grumpy. Anyway, yeah, I know they can because they’re pushing it out. and that’s one of their main recruiting points. Don’t know why you’re so angry. Do you have something against Concord? Must be an angry parent, I would have to imagine, but I didn’t know Webb does that pretty smart on them, but Concord is going to have one up on them if they can hurry up and get this whole football thing filled out. 

Webb would mercy Concord with their JV. So you just say what you are pretty sure about with out thinking or reading TSSAA rules, then if your wrong you just say oh didn't know or your just not like you. No way l could be like you. I knew what ever generation you were won't make it when S&it hits the fan. Not grumpy but enlightened to people like you that say stuff that's totally inept and still stick to it when the rules prove you wrong. TSSAA Handbook By Laws, Article 2 section 8. I never said 8 graders weren't eligible, only 7th. If Concord is not going to play a TSSAA sanctioned schedule, then it's all just rec football anyway.

6 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Everybody from elementary to 12th grades is on the same campus at Concord, so you don’t know what you’re talking about, and I was talking about pricing too, which is a big issue. Obviously you just can’t read, which is kind of funny. You just like being grumpy on this website, ain’t that right Mr. Grumpy, just making a fool out of yourself every day, but if you wanna talk about that, yeah, there’s 6th, 10th, 12th graders and 5th graders and 4th graders and 3rd graders and second graders and first graders at Concord Christian with the high schoolers. There is no youth sports program over there yet. Of course they’re trying to start one, but you can’t start football until you get into seventh grade, and they have to play & practice with the high school team. 

You never said anything about pricing untill HTV chimed in. You just proved my point. You said Concord had an advantage over Webb because of 7th graders. Webb is all one campus also. So how are they different. If Concord ever gets a varsity team again they will be in Division 2. Webb is division 2. They might not be in the same class, but they play be the same rules as all other Division 2 teams. Webb has 6th and 7th graders playing football also. So tell me Mr I just make up stuff, what is the advantage. Price of school doesn't matter when you have to line it up and play real football on a Friday night and Concord has a long way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 3:44 PM, FootballFan888 said:

Ole Holier Than Thou leaving because he can't compete in today's climate. Looks like Shifty Steve Matthews left Ancient Eddie shivering in his visor. Too bad Concord is but stepping stone for Sober-ish Steve to get back into the game after Catholic wasn't allowed to hire him. 

I am sure they will keep this one in the family at Fairygut. Don't know anything about his son but he better figure out how to recruit...and FAST. I am sure the Beerden staff has already contacted Fairygut players.

The only thing in your entire post that is correct is that Eddie Courtney is certainly "holier than thou", thou meaning you.    Eddie Courtney is an excellent football coach and a fine godly man, who was an exceptional leader and example to young men for many decades.   You sir, and your disrespectful comments are utterly despicable.   By the way, Bearden could win for the next 20 years and still not even the series against Farragut.   Bearden always has been, and always will be, Farragut's inferior West Knox little brother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FHS_Admiral said:

The only thing in your entire post that is correct is that Eddie Courtney is certainly "holier than thou", thou meaning you.    Eddie Courtney is an excellent football coach and a fine godly man, who was an exceptional leader and example to young men for many decades.   You sir, and your disrespectful comments are utterly despicable.   By the way, Bearden could win for the next 20 years and still not even the series against Farragut.   Bearden always has been, and always will be, Farragut's inferior West Knox little brother.

Don’t pay a lick of attention to 888. He skips around on every thread, trolling people. And has no affiliation to any team, that I’m aware of. Just let it roll off your back. Responding just feeds into the nonsense. Totally agree with your sentiment concerning Coach EC though.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea heard a good handful going to Catholic. Some on scholarship and others paying. Players and payers 

Yep, you can always tell when every single player post the exact same thing word to word on Twitter, you can tell they were told to post it by a Coach.