Cane Ridge vacancy

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

I’m still puzzled woods left…

Honestly, I'm not. Woods put his name in for alot of vacancies. Sometimes a program needs a new voice. I think it will also be a good chance for Woods to refine his approach if he has aspirations of getting a job outside of Metro

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Honestly, I'm not. Woods put his name in for alot of vacancies. Sometimes a program needs a new voice. I think it will also be a good chance for Woods to refine his approach if he has aspirations of getting a job outside of Metro

See I didn’t know that but that makes sense to me now.

He has applied several times in Rutherford, but that has not happened for him. 

Sitting out a year is not going to improve those chances either.

Puzzling decision to say the least unless the Ravens are that down and he doesn't want the losses to pile up again like this past year. Better find another landing spot quick if he still aspires to a bigger job.

3 hours ago, BingoLong said:

He has applied several times in Rutherford, but that has not happened for him. 

Sitting out a year is not going to improve those chances either.

Puzzling decision to say the least unless the Ravens are that down and he doesn't want the losses to pile up again like this past year. Better find another landing spot quick if he still aspires to a bigger job.

I disagree. Sitting a year out allows him to visit other programs, see what's working for them and incorporate it into his own philosophy.  Woods' success at CR got him alot of interviews, if he can rein in some things, 1 year isn't going to stop him from getting a good job when there are 60-70 openings every year.

HS football is such a grind for coaches that taking a year off will be really beneficial for him

21 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I disagree. Sitting a year out allows him to visit other programs, see what's working for them and incorporate it into his own philosophy.  Woods' success at CR got him alot of interviews, if he can rein in some things, 1 year isn't going to stop him from getting a good job when there are 60-70 openings every year.

HS football is such a grind for coaches that taking a year off will be really beneficial for him

I think he is taking off because the team is not going to be very good and he does not want that attached to him. Getting another job will be easier with his success now and not trying to get another job with little success . Some coaches can't handle not winning . Coaches forget teams win because of players and not so much coaching. He is not the only coach that has done this in the past.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:36 PM, MidTennFootball said:

He interviewed for the Gallatin position and his demands were so unrealistic they laughed him out of the building.  

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

He interviewed for the Gallatin position and his demands were so unrealistic they laughed him out of the building.  

Yet I’ve seen Gallatin up and close and in my eyes Gallatin should have ONLY lost 2 games this season!

8 hours ago, fb247 said:

I think he is taking off because the team is not going to be very good and he does not want that attached to him. Getting another job will be easier with his success now and not trying to get another job with little success . Some coaches can't handle not winning . Coaches forget teams win because of players and not so much coaching. He is not the only coach that has done this in the past.

Whatever the case is, burnout is a real thing among coaches, especially those with family. He could go 0-10 and wouldn't change my opinion that he's a good coach. We try to define good coaches by their record, but plenty of other ways to judge a coach

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Whatever the case is, burnout is a real thing among coaches, especially those with family. He could go 0-10 and wouldn't change my opinion that he's a good coach. We try to define good coaches by their record, but plenty of other ways to judge a coach

You mean like what does he accomplish when the talent level is down?

Anybody can win with Talent. Coaching shows much more when the talent is even or lesser.