what teams have had the toughest schedules so far?

Train

Shelbyville has had an extremely tough schedule, as well as Lawrence County. Coffee County will have one of the toughest by the end year. They play Shelbyville 2 x, Lawrenceburg 2 x, Riverdale 2 x, Bradley Central 2 x, Oliver Springs, Cannon Co. 2 x, and potentially play Farragut, Cookeville, and Livingston Acad. in Knoxville. They also play in a tough Ky. tourney. I think 7AAA- 8AAA- 7AA teams do the best job for the most part of scheduling tough games outside an already tough District sched.

Bradley Central plays a tough schedule:

Coffe County, Oak Ridge, Beech, Riverdale,Lebanon, Oakland, and in the district play Cleveland and McMinn County. They also play in a Christmas tournament in Decatur, Alabama where some of the best Alabama schools will be. Their record is not a very good one, but they lost a couple of games on last second shots and another couple by only a few points. I think that playing their schedule will pay off in February.

I guess the phrase 'toughest schedule' means different things to different people.

Shelbyville - toughest schedule???? Supposedly the #10 team in the country - who have they played???

What about the 1A schools? Good question.

Clarkrange -1A- has beaten a 3A 26 points; Jackson county, Harpeth and Scott -2A schools-; Oneida and Wartburg 2 of the best 1A schools in their district. They are 10 and 1 with their only loss at Celina.

They will play Oliver Springs and Livingston -2As- and Brentwood Academy in the Livingston tournament.

After the Holidays they will play Cumberland County -3A-;

Livingston twice, Bledsoe County and Scott all 2A teams. They will also play Troudale County twice, Van Buren County, and Oneida all 1A teams along with the rest of the district 7A games.

For a small rural community they play a bigtime schedule and are very successful.

Shelbyville has played one of the toughest opening schedules of any team. They have played the following.

Jackson County-defending state champs, and still winning.

Cleveland-a couple of decent young talent, will get better

Oak Ridge-Always a power, undefeated.

Lexington Catholic-29-3 last yr. #2 ranked Team in Kentucky this yr

Lawrence County-state runner-ups, not as talented as last yr, but could get hot enough to make it to the state

Coffee County-Has one of top post players in the state(Amber Benjamin), a decent team

Farragut-3 D-1 players...well-coached and team with seniors. Could make it to the state tourney.

Dec 26-30 Deep South Classic in Atl.

Schedule looks pretty tough to me...and just think they are 9-1 after going through this gauntlet. Not making excuses, bu could be undefeated if Fuller, Newman and Snipes would not have fouled out in the Oak Ridge game. Im sure this will start a debate but its just my opinion.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT STUPID COMPUTER RANKING SCHEDULE. I THINK WHEN TEAMS LIKE DRESDEN PLAY WHICH IS SINGLE A, PLAY GIBSON CO.(AA), WAYNE CO 2000-2001 STATE CHAMPS, EZELL-HARDING LAST YEAR STATE CHAMPS, CAMDEN CENTRAL (AA), AND MCKENZIE (AA). OR TEAMS LIKE WESTVIEW WHO PLAY CHESTER CO. AND OBION CO. I FOR ONE BELIEVE THE HARDER COMPETITION YOU PLAY BEFORE DISTRICT PLAY THE BETTER YOU'LL BE. I DO NOT THINK PLAYING CUPCAKES WILL HELP YOUR TEAM, SURE YOUR RECORD LOOKS GOOD, BUT HOW ABOUT YOUR LEVEL OF PLAY. LOOKING FOR ANY RESPONSE.

I feel there are 2 sides to this story.

I feel playing harder competition do prepare you for future games, as long as you can be competitive. I don't think these teams playing these bigtime schools losing by 30-50 points does any good. What good? You're sure not able to work on anything that works, because the opposition have evidently took away all you were trying to do and took you out of your game plan, if you got beat that bad. Then, its just get the game over and survive. Sometimes that brings questions into young kids minds if the system you're running really works.

Cupcakes.....never have like that expression, because you still have to put the ball in the basket to win against whoever. But being able to at least run your offense and defense against someone other than yourself has its advantages, even if you are able to do it without much resistance and again it works mentally also....it gets into the kids minds after a few wins that your sysytem does work....plus and minus both sides