Hancock County boys basketball

BigJake

I got the chance to go the the Citizen's Tribune Classic on Saturday to see the finals. I made it in time to see Hancock boys play Morristown West. Coach Johnson seems to have his boys playing like a UNIT now! If it wasn't for a few mistakes this game would have been a BLOW OUT for Hancock!! Good luck Indians. If you keep playing team ball like you did that night, you will be a handful for any team!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait till unaka plays hancock that might shut the indians up. :) it gets old hearing them whine all the time.ewwwwwwwww its the coaches fault bla bla bla!If unaka

gets beat by someone you dont hear them on here the next day crying about it was this it was that.Maybe if your hancock indians would play ball instead of whining and complaining it might be alright down there in sneedville.

P.S your boys at unaka :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen both teams play. Hancock County will demolish Unaka if they play.

I wish now that I had not written this after reading a comment from a Hancock County fan (bluealltheway) on another thread. Glad I am not from "over home." That is a reference to over Clinch mountain, i.e. Hancock County and part of Hawkins County. We have a lot of people living in our area from over there. All they can talk about is "over home." If over home is such a great place why do they not go back? It is not such a great place, that is why.

Even though a school may be bigger than another, there are other factors that enter into the equation when determining the strength of teams. Volunteer has a football team, Hancock County does not. Because there are other athletic oppertunities all of the possible atheletes play a particular sport. Even those that play more than one sport cannot give all of their time to basketball. Every player on Volunteer's varsity team plays more than one sport. That gives places like Hancock County an advantage in basketball. That is all they play.

That is why in the old days small schools could compete with much larger schools in basketball. All they has to put there energy into was basketball.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-31-02 10:41A]

[Edited by KevB1990 on 12-31-02 11:05A]

Hey thats a great excuse, actually its the funniest have ever heard. Why don't you just cry about it or complane some more Falcon fan. Oh yeah, why don't you come over home for a visit and if crying and complaning gets you anything but going back where you came from. :):):):D

CCHS72, your opinion of Hancock County is just that....your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However your thoughts about playing football being a disadvantage in basketball are incorrect. On the contrary, football programs build strength, speed, agility and discipline. All of which are needed qualities for basketball. So the absence of football in Hancock could actually be a disadvantage in basketball, when playing schools that have football programs. I really can't explain Hancock's superiority over Volunteer in basketball for the past 5 years. Could it be ummmmmmmmm.......that Hancock has simply had a better BASKETBALL program?