8. free throw

9. violations and penalities

10. fouls and penalities

Anything else my friends?? :(

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats my problem with most refs,theyre arrogant and think they know it all,just because theyre wearin that black and white shirt,and a whistle.you have to realize that basketball IS a contact sport,no its not football or wrestling,but everyonce in awhile,someones gonna get touched,oh heaven for bid.what kills me is the inconsistence,one minute you dont call anything,wheather someone is getting knocked flat to the floor,or beat in the face,then the next minute,you call meaning less hand checks and "NESSECARY" box outs,which are a part of the game.no one calls 3 seconds anymore,and call unnessecary techs.no,i dont come to your little certified t$$aa referee meetings,but you dont come to our basketball practices,you dont know how hard we work to play,and then we get 5 fouls-or handchecks and cant play.by the way,i guess they dont teach what a fake,or a piviot is anymore,because i guess those are walks now too,since that stupid calls been made 100's of times.no,not all refs are this bad,but i have yet to see a decent one.

McMinn Central played in the sweet south christmas tournament in Madison, Georgia, and the officiating down there was horrible in every game I sat through even if the Central teams weren't playing. It is the worst that I have ever seen for both sides. Tennessee is lucky to have the officiating they have, especially compared to what I saw down there.

Glad to see an "objective" official admit to being biased against teams from East Tennessee.

Posted by luv2ref:

I guess you had to quit counting when you ran out of fingers and toes. But I guess you are the best hog caller in the state or at least East TN. and like most you don't have a clue about basketball. You just shoot oyur mouth off and think you know all about what you are talking about.

[Edited by swamp on 12-31-02 6:50A]

I'll choose for myself what sports I want to watch. What I saw at Livingston Saturday didn't resembled a basketball game, but didn't quite get there. Your opinion that giving the kids an inch and they will take a mile is your opinion, but it really isn't true, and it's also an admitted bias before the opening tip. I thought you guys were supposed to be objective.

I really don't care what goes on at your meetings...but I do care what goes on on the floor.

Posted by bbreftn:

Swamp if you want to watch rough play watch college or pro ball. There is no room for that kind of officiating in High School. This is high school basketball and whether you like it or not there will be fouls called all night to keep the game under control,and to resemble a basketball game. If you give an inch the kids will take a mile. The rules are there to be inforced. Like I said in a previous post if you are not a referee you have no idea what goes on at our meetings and state rules meetings. For you to critize something you know nothing about is hogwash. The bottom line is you don't have a clue and never will. So if rough play is what you want watch TV. Remember this is high school and we have officials learning to call the game and how to manage games to. Remember don't talk about something you know nothin about.

There were plenty of middle Tennesseans at the game that thought they (you?) were bad as well.

If you're going to say that they were just enforcing the rules, then I will contend to you that was a lot of selective enforcement.

Posted by luv2ref:

Not bias against East TN you are the one that started this. Just because you don't like to see the game called by the book you want to cry when you see it done. I'm sure that east TN has some good and some bad refs but no matter where you go you will see good and bad refs. Just because rules are inforced don't mean the refs are bad it means you dont see it much where your from but here in this area thats what you get.

Posted by swamp:

MCHS baller, don't forget that a clean block is a foul, too.

of course,how could i forget.why dont refs just chill out and let us play the game.im sick and tired of watching a game and seeing a petty foul being called every 2 seconds,and then seeing a girl get her knees knocked out from under her,and not calling a thing.by the way,i dont remeber who said it,but someone stated that when they ref,they belive the best team should win,thats a little biased,dont you think,that is not your job to get out there and judge a team on whos better talented.

Hey Swamp, I've got an idea. Why don't we let the players play, let the coaches coach, let the officials officiate and let the fans cheer from afar. I was at the OS/CC game and if I remember correctly, the fouls were even on both sides. I thought the game was played great by both sides. The games were running on time. CC did not get into bonus until late in the game because OS fouled for strategy. You guys (east Tennessee) better adjust to the officating because from what I have heard, several officals from Middle TN go to the Boro every year because of the stellar officials in the area.

Posted by Idunk2:

You guys (east Tennessee) better adjust to the officating because from what I have heard, several officals from Middle TN go to the Boro every year because of the stellar officials in the area.

Basketball should be played by the same rules, and officiated the same no matter where you play. The problem lies where we have officials that do not have to be held accountable. And because no one is accountable then the officials are to call the game as they see fit, and not necessarily by the rules sent down by the governing body. Until someone at the T$$AA ;) gets off their money grubbing keyster, to fix this problem officiating in all aspects will continue to deteriorate. Personally I'd like to see a reorganization of the TSSAA, or possibly a new High School/Secondary School Sports organization.:D

:mad:By the way, hear Say doesn't do much for anybody so posting it is absurd. All rumors and hear say do are get people angry. 'from what I have heard...':mad:

Hear say from a reliable source is what was posted Hornet.+ Middle Tn usually sends more officials to State Tourney than east or west. The #'s don't lie. Most (not all) East and West TN officials don't officiate todays game as TSSAA see's fit. Their philosophy is to keep the game moving and call as little as possible. Middle TN officials call it by the book. So, like I said, get used to it.....if you make it to the Boro, chances are you will see them again !