State Top Ten (A)

coachken1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that tweeter recognized the toughness of the region 3-A with Celina, Clarkrange, Friendship, Monterey, and now don't leave out Pickett they have picked up their play of late, but only 2 of those teams will be remembered at the end of the seaason because they are in the same region.

My top ten:

1) Celina

2) FRA

3) Clarkrange

4) Harriman

5) Cloudland

6) Moore County

7) Friendship Christian

8) DCA

9) Wayne County

10) Unaka

Other notables include Peabody, Ezell, Pickett...

Guest CHSdog

About what bigmac said, not saying that you implied it, but if you did, I am NOT a Celina ballplayer. I have, however, been to every game. Our girls show a lot of heart when playing. We play some great schools like friendship christian and clarkrange(to name a couple..sorry if i leave someone out), and they have still pulled through. I wouldn't post something that I didn't think was true. Other teams are great, but I just think that our team wants it more. Good luck everyone. Go dogs!

I can't do a top 10 but #1 is Celina, #2 is Clarkrange, #3 is FRA, and Ezell, DCA, Friendship, and Cloudland get thrown in there somewhere. Now to go over a few other things said. Celina was the better team against FRA last year. You didn't make 3's because of our defense a lot of the time. That was also one of our worst games of the year, but as usual Celina did what they had to do. Against Ezell I think we were just tired. Holly only scored 4 and that killed us right there. The score doesn't do the game justice because Ezell was able to hold the ball most of the second half and not let Celina do anything. This is Celina's year to get the job done. For 4 of these girls it is there last chance to do it and I think they'll make the best of it.

Tweeter- Do you even watch Girls basketball?

Batmaaaan- I know you don't watch girls basketball, b/c you have Friendship over Ezell, and I do believe Ezell beat Friendship by almost 30 yesterday, and half of the game was played without Heather Henderson for Ezell (She hurt her knee.) We don't know exactly what Heather did to her knee yet, but if it is bad that will ofcourse cause some problems for Ezell, but nothing that they can't overcome! I think Ezell is the best team in the state. Ofcourse I am partial to them b/c the 5 starters are 5 of my good friends, but I really don't think there is anything they can't do together. They have been together too long. These are the 5 starters that started as 7th and 8th graders on the Ezell Middle school team a few years back. They know each other well, and play together well, and I think they are #1 until someone proves that they can really play with them.

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 1-5-03 2:51P]

1.Celina

2.Ezell Hardin

3.Franklin Road

4.Clarkrange

5.Moore County

6.Wayne County

7.Friendship Christian

8.Cloudland

9.Peabody

10.Harriman

I was at the Celina/FRA game last night and I was wandering why doesnt Celina play the Herman girl more... She seams alot better than two of the starters and the 2 to 3 minutes she played she was puttin on a show.

Trenton Peabody has a very well coached team. The have three losses on the year, all to Gibson County, one of the better Class AA teams in West Tennessee. Peabody had a good shot to win all of those three games. I believe they have a very good shot of going to State this year. If not this year, watch out for next year. All starters are either a Sophomore or Junior.

a team that everyone is forgetting about is Perry County. These girls are the best they have been in many years. pc is 9-1 the only loss to wayne county. they play summertown tonight. everyone seems to think perry county is only a county for good boys ball, but i think the girls from pc are going to surprise a few this year with holly turnbow to lead the team, serveral great seniors, and serveral great freshmen, if they don't make it this year, watch out for them in a few years to come with some freshmen who are playing outstanding this year. In my opinion, although i'm a little biased, the lady vikings are #1! ! GO LADY VIKS! !

ok first of all pcchick yall are ok a little a bove average you might say. but no one is forgetting about you because their will not be anything to remember. just face it stinks to be you because you are in wayne co. district and like you said yall are 9-1 and have lost to wayne co. but you didn't mention that the loss to wayne co. was only by about 25 points and one of the star player from wayne co. did not even hit a shot from the field she had 14 points all from free throws. so you saying yall are number one is a huge overstatement. 1)celina 2)clarkrange 3)fra 4)ezell 5)trenton 6)wayne co. 7)cloundland 8)moore co. 9)harriman 10)??? 34)perry co.

[Edited by bigtymer33 on 1-9-03 7:42P]

Guest bigmac20

i'm sorry CHSdog, i have no idea who you are, i've just heard some rumors that some of the celina girl basketball players get on here alot and post messages about their selfs. i can't put a top ten because i haven't seen everyone play, i've mostly been watchin AA schools and some AAA, but i've been to some of clarkrange's games a lot here lately, i like the way they play. and i've been trying to make it to some of Celina's and made a few, both teams seems pretty tough. i'm going to be there this tuesday night to watch. good luck to all teams in middle tennessee.