Boyd Buchanon is the team to beat.

fatchance

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by fatchance:

I am not sure why it is that everyone keeps ignoring the Bucs. They are 11-2 and playing great. The way I see it, all this talk about Temple is a dis on what Boyd is doing. Ya'll need to stop thinking Temple and start thinking Boyd!

I would not brag to much yet! Going by the records in the Boyd schedule (Link) http://www.coacht.com/schedules/schedule.c...d=29&SeasonID=5

Boyd-Buchanan's Opponents are 28-55 combined that is not very good!

I saw Boyd play during the holidays as well. They are a long way from being a championship team. Not only do they not have any dominant players, they have some major attitudes. They got a couple of boys on that team that are just flat-out dirty. And, when things don't go their way they start whining and crying. Good luck the rest of the season, you are going to need it.

I was at the FHU tourn. and saw all of Boyd-Buchanan's games. As far as the whining and crying, that was coming from the west TN teams. They were saying that Boyd played dirty. Boyd plays hard and very physical. The west TN teams evidently are not use to this.

To say Boyd doesnt have a dominant player is questionable since Alex Jones had over 20 points in each of their 3 games.... Healy had at least 20 in 2 of the games.

Anyway, a balanced attack can definetely be a strength.

The Bucs are not where they need to be and they know that. They are determined to work hard and peak at tourn. time. I didnt expect them to be playing their best right now. Due to the success of the football team, they have only had 5 or 6 practices w/ all their players.

The Bucs play hard and are very competitive. Deal with it!

I saw them play at the FHU tourney as well. Boyd is a very well-coached and fundamentally sound team, no question. However, I have to agree with a previous poster that they do have some players thay play dirty; and before you start in on me, I have no allegiance to any west TN team.

I do think, at least at this point, JCS is a better team. JCS is very good defensively, and will have the height edge against most A schools they'll face (no starter under 6'2"). What happens when February and March get here, that's yet to be seen. It's all about who gets hot at the right time.

Boyd kept up with Mccallie through the whole game. They showed they can keep up with anyone. Mccallie beat Temple by 50 and they only beat Boyd by 2. Boyd is starting to look like a real team and starting to come together but they still have work to do and if they can do that they will be a very good basketball team!

Yea I saw the Boyd McCallie game last night and it was incredible. Though Boyd lost it seemed like they had many chances to win. If they would of played the first half like they did the second half, then McCallie wouldn't of even been in the game. That is one hard-working bunch of guys and I hope I continue to see them play extremely hard basketball. Boyd plays Temple and CCS next week, those should be two very exciting games. GO BUCS!